Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: POY projections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
POY i think is stephon curry or blake griffin
Meeks!!!!! Hands down!!! This is what Louisville fans do to MEEKS. :theman:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Meeks!!!!! Hands down!!! This is what Louisville fans do to MEEKS. :theman:

:Clap: :thumpsup:
Blake Griffin has it in the bag easily.
I dunno man.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Meeks!!!!! Hands down!!! This is what Louisville fans do to MEEKS. :theman:

What beat him:lmao:
Blake Griffin is getting the most media attention of any player in the Nation. You see no college reports anymore without his name being mentioned for what he did, or being compared to.

Thabeet is my #2 pick. His stock is on the rise. This kid completely dominates the paint area. He block 6-9 shots a night, and alters a dozen more. Without Thabeet, UConn would not be #1.
Griffin for sure
Griffin has this locked up easy. Averages a double-double and absolutely is a force inside and takes over games. I'm not saying Jodie Meeks isn't in the same mold as he is a prolific scorer but it doesn't help Jodie's case when you aren't on one of the top teams in the country like Blake Griffin is. #2 I'd have to give to Thabeet and then I'd say Jodie.
Blake Griffin has it locked.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Blake Griffin has it in the bag easily.

Agreed.

You can't argue with his numbers and Oklahoma's record right now.
Griffin has the media on his side. The way ESPN talks abut him you would think he plays for Duke instead of Oklahoma! Wait a second, Jeff Capel is his head coach... now I see the connection. Wink

Personally, all things considered Griffin has to be the man, even though the Big 12 is a weak conference this year, he has OU at the very top of it and in the Top 5 in the country. Any kid who can go for 20 double doubles and lay 40+ points and 20+ rebounds in the same game has to get some love.

IMO,
1. Griffin- See above
2. Hansborough- Reigning POY, has done his part this season, but UNC has not met early season expectations.
3. Curry- Although I think his position has more to do with media infactuation and what he did last year, he is still one of the antion's leading scorers and sole reasons Davidson will easily get a NCAA bid even as an at-large.
4. Meeks- If the SEC was better and if UK was ranked in the Top 15 he would be right there with Griffin.
5. Harangody- One of nation's top scorers despite playing the very best in competition.
6.Thabiet- Best Center in the country, best player on the best team, can get a triple double any given night with blocks, points, and rebounds.

This year? Cmon now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Griffin has the media on his side. The way ESPN talks abut him you would think he plays for Duke instead of Oklahoma! Wait a second, Jeff Capel is his head coach... now I see the connection. Wink

Personally, all things considered Griffin has to be the man, even though the Big 12 is a weak conference this year, he has OU at the very top of it and in the Top 5 in the country. Any kid who can go for 20 double doubles and lay 40+ points and 20+ rebounds in the same game has to get some love.

IMO,
1. Griffin- See above
2. Hansborough- Reigning POY, has done his part this season, but UNC has not met early season expectations.
3. Curry- Although I think his position has more to do with media infactuation and what he did last year, he is still one of the antion's leading scorers and sole reasons Davidson will easily get a NCAA bid even as an at-large.
4. Meeks- If the SEC was better and if UK was ranked in the Top 15 he would be right there with Griffin.
5. Harangody- One of nation's top scorers despite playing the very best in competition.
6.Thabiet- Best Center in the country, best player on the best team, can get a triple double any given night with blocks, points, and rebounds.

:thumpsup:
IMO it comes down to Blake Griffin and Jodie Meeks.
NIKE2010 Wrote:IMO it comes down to Blake Griffin and Jodie Meeks.

I would love for Meeks to be considered, but there is not going to be a POY award that goes to an unranked team. Never before has it happened, it's not going to happen now. My guess is, the POY award will go to a player on a top 10 team at minimum.

Curry is probably eliminated now.

Hansbrough has the same dilemma as Tebow did in Football, no way to top his season last year, so anything he does this year is a letdown to the Media. Actually, I think that Lawson is the #1 player on UNC this year.

IMO, it comes down to Griffin and Thabeet. Both are scary good, and both will wind up playing on a top five team