Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who do you think will leave UK next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think Meeks and Patterson will jump to the NBA draft next year? Also, do you think anyone will transfer from this years roster like Jasper did a year ago?
Patterson and Meeks are gone regardless how the season turns out. I don't think anyone will transfer
PP is a definite. IMO, teh NBA is still probably not looking at Meeks in the early part of the first round. I think if he comes back next year, contends or wins POY, he becomes a lottery pick and a very, very rich man.
I think meeks will go pro or should because if not he probaly isnt going to have another year like this one he is having... PP going I think to the NBA....Meeks will be cotending for POY next year but if curry stays at davidson than he has no chance
Stardust Wrote:PP is a definite. IMO, teh NBA is still probably not looking at Meeks in the early part of the first round. I think if he comes back next year, contends or wins POY, he becomes a lottery pick and a very, very rich man.

I couldn't agree more.
I personally think both should and will go pro. They too good to be playing for UK under a coach that doesnt know what he is doing. I think if they do go, Meeks will do better than Patterson, because as I said before, Patterson cant handle the bigs of the NBA. Meeks on the other hand is a good fit for the pros, as he loves to shoot and he does play pretty good defense when he wants to so he would do well. I also think there will be a couple of transfers. Liggins I think will leave and honestly that wouldnt bother me because he isnt that good anyway. I think Landon will leave and he wouldnt be making a mistake if he did, he would be better off at a smaller school to show what he can do, and I think a couple of the redshirts that sit on the bench will leave also. But the sad part is, UK will still be stuck with the worst of the worst in Ramon Harris and coach gillispie. So it will be another bad year for UK basketball next season.
I think the only person we will lose after this season will be jarred carter.
Thats because hes a senior, he has to go. Thank God!!!!
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Thats because hes a senior, he has to go. Thank God!!!!

Yes, i know he is a senior. I wish we could just drop him from the team. I'm saying i think he will be the only one to leave us after this year.
I don't think we will lose anyone but Seniors.
I see Patrick and Jodie jumping to the NBA.

But, I sure hope not. Kentucky could use them.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I think the only person we will lose after this season will be jarred carter.

He's still here :howdy:
Cater and Meeks
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Thats because hes a senior, he has to go. Thank God!!!!

Thats not true.. should he say so, he actually has another year of eligibility left..
Everyone but Carter stays. Meeks and Patterson will stay and take us to the promise land next year.
:thumpsup:
C.Clair Wrote:Everyone but Carter stays. Meeks and Patterson will stay and take us to the promise land next year.

Oh lord why not this year...I heard this last year too
theVILLE Wrote::thumpsup:

Oh lord why not this year...I heard this last year too

Well I'll be happy to explain things to you to how things work. I'll start slow since you seem to be a slow learner. Meeks and Patterson will get better next year, along with Galloway and Stevenson. We will be getting some help out of Pilgrim and Harrelson. Miller will contribute alot next year with a little recruiting we will have ORTON AND HOOD coming in. So I say with that team, we have a chance of winning championship #8. :Thumbs:
From UK, obviously most are concerned about Meeks and Patterson leaving. Meeks became the next Acie Law by exploding onto the scene this year (but I think most knew of what he was capable of doing if you were a UK fan) so its hard to judge right now if he will leave or state. He as a good shot, and is agressive and will take you to the whole. However, sometimes that aggressiveness breeds carelessnes and leads to a number of turnovers that he makes each and every game. He can play some point too as he has shown some ability to get it to another man but he does forces things at times. He may try to force a pass that just isn't there as well as taking some ill-advised shots too. I'm going to say its about a 50/50 shot for him. Patterson is also perplexing. He has shown that he has the fram and skills to play at the next level, and the scouts agree with that, but since he has come to UK he has been riddled with injury. He could stay and try to get healthier possibly or jump ship so as to collect the paychecks until his body can't support him any longer. I'd also say he is about a 50/50 shot.
Meeks and Patterson will go pro and rumors have it that Darius Miller is thinking bout transfering
DukeFan4life Wrote:Meeks and Patterson will go pro and rumors have it that Darius Miller is thinking bout transfering

Darius will be back. His father has already confirmed it. As for Meeks and PP, I agree, they are both going go take a look at $$$
Patterson going pro - 80%
Meeks going pro - 50%
Carter going pro - 5%
If Patterson and Meeks both leave, UK won't make the tournament next year....

But, you don't have to worry, as I don't see either one of them leaving, setting UK up nicely for next year.
DeuceUL Wrote:If Patterson and Meeks both leave, UK won't make the tournament next year....

But, you don't have to worry, as I don't see either one of them leaving, setting UK up nicely for next year.

I like this version of you instead of the other one :devilflam
Hopefully no one leaves other than Carter
I honestly think Patterson will stay...I'd say Meeks is 50/50.
C.Clair Wrote:Everyone but Carter stays. Meeks and Patterson will stay and take us to the promise land next year.

I couldn't agree more.....PP and Meeks aren't going anywhere!!!
i say 2pat gonna go pro
Just a rumor but I heard Landon Slone will not be coming back.
I don't believe either one will leave after this season. If Meeks has another year next year like he had this year, then he proves that he's not a flash in the pan and that he's for real. I mean I totally believe he's for real and I am not trying to take anything away from him, but a lot of people at the next level feel the jury is still out on him. PP is a curious case, his size and lack of face up game are some questions being asked by GM's, and also trying to come out with the likes of Thabeet, Blair and Griffin hurt his chances of being a lottery pick. If both return (and have years comparable to this one), and help lead Kentucky to a top ten ranking, a possible SEC championship, and a possible deep run in the tourney, It will improve their stock come draft time. Also if they both return, they should be the top players returning at their respective postions next year.
If they are both 1st round draft picks, they need to go. Who am I to be selfish and want to see them for my own purposes play at UK when they can go to the NBA, get a guarenteed 3 year contract, that if they play it right takes care of their needs for life.

Rajon is a perfect example. If he stayed, who knows, maybe we win another championship, and me selfishly wanted that. But look at him now, he has proven with hard work, dedication, surrounding himself with the right people, he is one fo the leagues best. So how dare I want him to do what I want.

If Jodie and Patrick have a chance to better themselves, I expect them to do just that. If I have a chance in life to better myself for my family, you bet I am going to do it as well.
Pages: 1 2