Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Classic Cheer Comp 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many folks are going to attend the 2009, Mountain Classic Cheer Competition this year?
I love getting to see all of the Pee-Wee, Elementary and Middle School Cheer Squads! Miss Wheeler does a great job with this and everyone seems to jump in to assist in making this one of the Best and Oldest Competitions held in Eastern Kentucky! I believe there might be 20 squads entered right now, but if anyone knows of a squad wishing to compete, just contact Lisa Wheeler @ Pikeville Jr. High School! She can give you info over the phone, via e-mail, or fax!
This event is truly one of the most enjoyable days spent in a gym in Eastern Kentucky! Lots of great food, good vendors, great gifts on site for purchase for those competing... just a nice day out for everyone involved!
I can't wait for it! Do you mind to post the information for everyone? I seem to have misplaced my Post-It with the date and time on it
February 28, 2009
Starting time was 10am, but has been revised to begin @ 11am.

Like I stated earlier, it's a very nice competition with plenty of good concessions, great momentos for purchase and some nice vendors! I always liked to pick up some nice "sports" jewelry from the vendors and sweet cheer sets (shorts and tees or sweatshirts and pajama pants).
The MegaCheer AllStars from Martin County are planning to attend. They have four squads: Tiny, Mini, Youth and Junior. They did an exhibition at the 15th region KAPOS and did very well.
I heard! What a wonderful event for them and so close where all their family may attend and cheer for them!!! I ALWAYS get tears whenever those babies take the mat and their family and friends all stand and raise the roof for them... you can see the confidence soar on their faces... and you can feel the pride of their fans... it's quite a skin tingling experience... even if one doens't even know a soul out there... I think it's safe to say... we've all been there... either been the cheerleader or been the parent of one!!! Good Luck to everyone and pass the word along for everyone to attend!
All Mega Cheer teams placed first....but most importantly - they all looked great and gave great performances!!!

Mega Cheer Superstars were All-Star Grand Champions. Today was their best performance this year and I am SO VERY PROUD!

Alot should be said for the Shining Stars. Their music messed up at the end of their routine, but they just started counting and finished. It is rare that 7-11 year olds would be able to do that. They got to re-do their routine, and did so wonderfully.

Like I said, we all looked great!!!! I didn't get to watch much else because I was so pre-occupied with my cheerleaders.

The Mountain Classic is one of my favorite competitions because of all of the awards that they give. Everyone leaves feeling accomplished and that is so important, especially for young children.
What about Johnson County Middle School! They continue to DOMINATE at the middle school level. Doing it this year in the small division and taking the most important of all GRAND CHAMPION. Goes to show just what Johnson County cheerleaders are made of. Super Cheerleaders who are AWESOME. Congrat JCMS and Coach B. You Rock!!!!
Congrats to the Phelps Jr. High Dance Team!!!

1st in Pom
1st in Prop
and GRAND CHAMPIONS.

Keep the tradition alive, girls!
Great job!
donathanhurley Wrote:Congrats to the Phelps Jr. High Dance Team!!!

1st in Pom
1st in Prop
and GRAND CHAMPIONS.

Great job!

Who did they compete against in this competition?
donathanhurley Wrote:Congrats to the Phelps Jr. High Dance Team!!!

1st in Pom
1st in Prop
and GRAND CHAMPIONS.

Great job!
No one remembers who they competed against?
TheRealVille Wrote:No one remembers who they competed against?

I guess it's up to me to tell who their competition was.... NO ONE. They were the only ones in their class. Even I could win ANY competition I was in by myself. Why try to make it look big when it wasn't? That's the same as lying.
At Mountian Classic Adams Middle School Place 1st In Both Divisions They Competed in Last Year.
Pom And Simple Cheer!
You Guys Are Awesome((:
Yeah, I heard Adams was really good.