Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky @ Arkansas 2/14 Predicitons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK coming off their most emotional game of the year travels to Arkansas on Valentines Day with their star inside player day-to-day. How do the Cats fare?

Will we get the same performance out of Porter, Harrelson, Stevenson & Galloway that we did two nights ago?

Is it fair to beleive that in the SEC, the good teams win at home, thus it's too much to expect a Win, but we should expect the inspired play to continue?
UK played as hard as they have all year against Florida. The thing is, you can't get fired up for one game and then take a few days off, especialyl in the SEC. The players have to stay fired up and stay focused throughout practices this week, and on Saturday. Walton Arena is a tough place to play. Arkansas has already beaten Oklahoma and Texas there (and also suffered some strange losses), but they have a corp of young players who are fantastic in Clarke, Fortson and Washington. Pelphrey is a great coach, so the Razorbacks will be ready to go. I think players like Galloway and Harrellson know what they are capable of and the Florida game really showed them what could happen if they continue to work hard. Meeks has his typical game. Porter contributes as well, and Miller, Galloway, Stevenson and Harrellson keep improving and show they can play at a level we need them to play at. I think Kentucky wins it late at the free throw line, and wins by no more than 10. Go Cats!
after everyone had a confidence booster game and i mean everything but turnovers went well for UK exclude PP injury also......other people stepped up hit huge shots and we actually had a legit PG. Galloway w/9 assist awesome job. i think arkansas will be ready to play but if Patterson plays we'll be alright. some reason i think meeks goes off idk i just have a hunch! right i agree with strikeout king kentucky wins it from the FT line. UK by 8
Kentucky still needs to limit the turnovers, but I think that UK will get this one by 10+.
I will take UK by 10. I think it will be close for most of the game.
For what it's worth Fortson will not be playing in this game for Arkansas.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_a...aID=112158
Without Fortson on the floor for the Hogs, Kentucky should win by double-digits on the road.

Let's go Cats!
Fortson not playing is huge news for Saturday. He is such a playmaker for the Razorbacks. UK's defense needs to play big and take advantage of him not being in the lineup.
UK by 15
IF fortson plays Ark by 15 if not thats another break for the cats but you know they couoldnt beat ole miss with out three of there starter...lol I take the Hogs by 7
UK by 11.
Without Fortson, UK by 10, if he was playing it's a toss up.
Alright, I'll be the bad guy. Without Fortson and the Cats playing the most inspired game that they possibly could, I feel a letdown by the Cats and a feisty Arkansas team takes advantage.

Arkansas 74-65
UK by 12 if Fortson does not play, if he does then the cats by 3
uk by 10 without Patterson.. by 20 with Patterson
No Fortson. No chance. UK by 20.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No Fortson. No chance. UK by 20.

If no Patterson, probably no chance for UK
Patterson nor Fortson will play in this game. But I don't think Patterson's absence will hurt the cats as much as Fortson missing for Arkansas. Fortson is their playmaker and basically their only one. If Stevenson can control Washington down low, and we can keep Clarke from going off, then I see UK cruising.
BCF4L Wrote:Patterson nor Fortson will play in this game. But I don't think Patterson's absence will hurt the cats as much as Fortson missing for Arkansas. Fortson is their playmaker and basically their only one. If Stevenson can control Washington down low, and we can keep Clarke from going off, then I see UK cruising.

I agree with what you are saying, but I would also add that all Arkansas has to do is keep Meeks from getting off and they may well cruise as well. We are all excited about the play of UK's reserves the other night, but that was just one night. I hope that we see the same play from Galloway that we got in the Gator game, but it's only one game. We shall see. I hope I'm wrong, but this game @ Arkansas with a star out for each team, IMO favors the home team.
Stardust Wrote:I agree with what you are saying, but I would also add that all Arkansas has to do is keep Meeks from getting off and they may well cruise as well. We are all excited about the play of UK's reserves the other night, but that was just one night. I hope that we see the same play from Galloway that we got in the Gator game, but it's only one game. We shall see. I hope I'm wrong, but this game @ Arkansas with a star out for each team, IMO favors the home team.
I've watched probably 15ish Arkansas games and they have horrible perimeter defense, Meeks will get his shot at will. And inside Washington is a nice player, but Sanchez (Fr) makes me throw something whenever he is in the game, but he has to play because Arkansas has NO DEPTH AT ALL. Monk is still out with eligibility issues, Fortson (Fr) is suspended, Washington (Jr) has had back problems, etc... They are freshman heavy, Brandon Moore (Fr) and Andre Clark (Fr) have shown signs of promise but are so raw it's hard to play them a lot. Rotnei Clarke (Fr) is yet to prove himself as the shooter he was made out to be and is a liability on defense. Welsh is either on or off. Marcus Britt is solid and a great defender. Jason Henry (Fr) could very well be all-SEC before he's done- 6-6 athletic and a good shot. He has trouble handling the ball a bit but is better to have in than the other options. Their 9th man, is on a golf scholarship--- there is their depth. There's the Arky run down. It may be a long day saturday, but Go Hogs, Wooo Pig.
UK will dominate the pase of this game. Harrilson will step up in the absence of Patterson. I expect to see Galloway play alot more also. UK will roll over Ark cause frankly they are not that good at this time of year. UK will get a easy win by 10+
UK by 12
Galloway done great the lat game he probaly want play no more than 5 - 8 minutes this game.... I still take the hogs by 14 in this game its tough to beat a team when lost so many games.. Also Arkansas is my pick to win the SEC tourney this year if fortson come back lol
Uk By 6
If it matters, does everyone that is picking Arkansas know that the Razorbacks are 1-7 in the SEC?

Just wondering..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If it matters, does everyone that is picking Arkansas know that the Razorbacks are 1-7 in the SEC?

Just wondering..

I'm just looking at this as a let-down. I HOPE I AM WRONG. I want nothing more than to say I was way off base, but Arkansas has more to gain than the Cats. Their fans will want this bad. It's just set up as an upset in teh makings.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If it matters, does everyone that is picking Arkansas know that the Razorbacks are 1-7 in the SEC?

Just wondering..

How far removed are they from the 12-1 start with wins over #4 Oklahoma & #7 Texas? They are without their playmaker, but the Cats are without their inside presence.
theVILLE Wrote:Galloway done great the lat game he probaly want play no more than 5 - 8 minutes this game.... I still take the hogs by 14 in this game its tough to beat a team when lost so many games.. Also Arkansas is my pick to win the SEC tourney this year if fortson come back lol

I see you on every UK thread.. Must be a CAT fan at heart or needs a bandwagon to jump on after the ND game??? :confused:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I see you on every UK thread.. Must be a CAT fan at heart or needs a bandwagon to jump on after the ND game??? :confused:

:Clap: GREAT POST! TongueirateSho
I'll take that Cat's in this one.
Pages: 1 2