Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UNC/Duke Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else watching this game
Looks like this is going to be a high scoring game. Extremely competitive.
Great offensive games by both teams so far. Looks like it may go down to the wire in a back-and-forth thriller!

I'm still sticking with my pick, UNC.
Tremendous pace to this game

dUKe up 40-34 4:30 to go in the half
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great offensive games by both teams so far. Looks like it may go down to the wire in a back-and-forth thriller!

I'm still sticking with my pick, UNC.

ditto,
Duke can't miss can they
dUKe 45-40 1:50.

Pace has slowed down. It had to at some point
Hansbouroh has 2 fouls and Duke is goin wild
Duke is up 45-41 with a minute to go before halftime.

Heels will show more heart in the second half.
dUKe 52-44 halftime
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Duke is up 45-41 with a minute to go before halftime.

Heels will show more heart in the second half.

IMO, they have to put the ball into Lawson's hands and just let him create. Early in the half, he dominated the game off the dribble, when dUKe when on their run, UNC got away from that game
Why couldn't Hubert Davis and Jay Bilas have called the live action. Dukie V gets on my nerves sooo badddd.
Stardust Wrote:IMO, they have to put the ball into Lawson's hands and just let him create. Early in the half, he dominated the game off the dribble, when dUKe when on their run, UNC got away from that game

I agree. He is still the best PG in college basketball IMO. Duke has no one to stop his penetrating abilities. Lawson was doing that at the beginning of the game like you said and the Carolina offense kind of got away from that.

Roy Williams will get the Heels back on track and they will win by double-digits. I could be wrong though.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. He is still the best PG in college basketball IMO. Duke has no one to stop his penetrating abilities. Lawson was doing that at the beginning of the game like you said and the Carolina offense kind of got away from that.

Roy Williams will get the Heels back on track and they will win by double-digits. I could be wrong though.

I agree and believe that UNC makes a run and wins this game. The way the game started, I would have seen a double digit win, but I think it may well come down to a last second chance by dUKe.
UNC has fought themselves back into a 73-67 lead
Big difference that I see is that dUKe is not making their outside shots now
Lawson is having an incredible 2nd half
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. He is still the best PG in college basketball IMO. Duke has no one to stop his penetrating abilities. Lawson was doing that at the beginning of the game like you said and the Carolina offense kind of got away from that.

You are looking correct.

UNC 83-71 5:07
Lawson is eating them alive.
Unc and uconn are the teams to beat
Pretty impressive game by UNC. If UNC pulls this out, Roy Williams will have won 4 in a row at Cameron. Since Coach K has been at dUKe, I'll bet there is not another coach period who has four wins total at cameron, much less in a row.
Hmmm, anyway possible dUKe get's themself back into this game?

UNC 92-84 1:29