Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 68 - Florida 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discuss away...
Huge clutch three by Meeks and good overall games by Porter and Galloway.
I think BCG did a horrible job with adjustments tonight Big Grin
What can you say about Meeks?..Clutch!
Stardust Wrote:I think BCG did a horrible job with adjustments tonight Big Grin
Sarcasm alert.:Clap:
FBALL Wrote:Huge clutch three by Meeks and good overall games by Porter and Galloway.

Harrelson and Miller did a very solid job. I continue to be impressed by Miller's D.

I thought BCG made a great call at the end by going small. Not the prettiest, but I was very impressed with the effort and can't say enough about the Cats winning this game with Patterson on the bench during the clutch time
FBALL Wrote:Sarcasm alert.:Clap:

Confusedhh:
Good game by the Cats. Can't believe they let Calathes score this many points, but the refs gave him every opportunity to win the game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Good game by the Cats. Can't believe they let Calathes score this many points, but the refs gave him every opportunity to win the game.

I HATE CALATHES, but I got to give it up to him. He is a competitor, he played his tail off, and in some eerie way, I felt bad for him when he missed the free-throws (but that didn't last very long Big Grin )

:letsparty
Yeah I felt bad for him for the second that it took the ball to bounce off of the rim.
Meeks was Meeks and I was impressed with Harrellson, Porter, and Galloway tonight. They all stepped up and played good and them 3 playing good game was the difference IMO.
I didn't feel a bit sorry for him.

He did play a heck of a game though. I still think its because he had those bolts removed from his neck.
Wooo! Jodie! That's my boy!
We got jumped onto in my dorm for cheering so loud when Meeks hit that three. But it was well worth it.Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:Harrelson and Miller did a very solid job. I continue to be impressed by Miller's D.

I thought BCG made a great call at the end by going small. Not the prettiest, but I was very impressed with the effort and can't say enough about the Cats winning this game with Patterson on the bench during the clutch time

I agree on Miller and Harrelson. Especially Miller. He has been very solid in almost every aspect of the game. I think in the long run he will be one of the better all around players in UK history. He reminds me of Chris Mills just a little smaller. And no open envelopes.Big Grin
Hahahaha Calathes Choked!!!
cards_athlete Wrote:Wooo! Jodie! That's my boy!
We got jumped onto in my dorm for cheering so loud when Meeks hit that three. But it was well worth it.Big Grin

I live in apartments and I think everyone in the building heard me jumping and screaming after that 3 went down.. :rockon:
Meeks was killing me until late in the second half with his forced shots and trying to do WAY too much. PPat going down hurt, but we picked it up. Harrelson, Galloway and Porter all played good games tonight. Stevenson had his moments, but I think we might see a new starting line up for this weekend.
Who cares about Calathes, I cant stand him or Florida. Glad to see that it was miss the free throws. The bench for UK stepped up big time, Galloway and Harrelson played very good. Porter with three big 3's.Good win for the cats!!!
Galloway had a great game and stepped up when it counted as did Stevenson but I hope Patterson is alright and it was good to see Meeks have a good game too and hopefully we will use this momentum to re-take the SEC.
Great win. If I had to hear the ESPN announcers talking about Calathes one more time I would have went crazy! But this was a good win. It is good to see and hear that Mr. Patrick Patterson just rolled his ankle and that its nothing season ending.
Captain_44 Wrote:Great win. If I had to hear the ESPN announcers talking about Calathes one more time I would have went crazy! But this was a good win. It is good to see and hear that Mr. Patrick Patterson just rolled his ankle and that its nothing season ending.

BUT, BUT... Couldn't you see that game face? That game face no one has ever seen their whole life? Tonight he had a game face like none other to ever take a basketball floor... Thats how you deal with adversity, some of his baskets he "mean faced" it in.. remember? LOL Big Grin
And they say Kentucky is a one-man team... Rolleyes

Congrats to the Cats on a big win tonight. Harrelson and Galloway both had to have their best games of the season, and Meeks had to hit a ridiculous shot at the end, but we pulled it out.

Back into a three-way tie in the East w/ Florida and SC.
I hate the ole goofy missed those free throws.....

[Image: IMG%5D]

[Image: nick-calathes-hd.jpg] = [Image: 14-02-1-1.jpg][Image: IMG%5D]
I was at this game, and it was seriously the best night of my life.
I really think I had a heartattack when meeks hit that 3.
I've never heard Rupp so loud. amazing.
My hands are literally bruised from clapping so much, my voice is completely gone; but it was the best night everrrr.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I live in apartments and I think everyone in the building heard me jumping and screaming after that 3 went down.. :rockon:

Sounds like my house; But I bet your neighbors heard a loud "OH NO" when Calathes was found and headed to the line for 3 FT's
Amun-Ra Wrote:I hate the ole goofy missed those free throws.....

[Image: IMG%5D]

[Image: nick-calathes-hd.jpg] = [Image: 14-02-1-1.jpg][Image: IMG%5D]

OMG :flame:
Wow an entire thread without any Porter bashing, Billy G second guessing, or talks of the cats lack of intensity and desire to win.

In all seriousness one week after a demoralizing loss to Miss St. that had fans in Rupp booing the cats, they came out and played with great intensity and heart. And when the game was on the line the fans let them know how appreciative they were of their effort. Ive never heard rupp like that before, i bet 23,000 plus people are unable to speak today.
guyfawkes Wrote:Galloway had a great game and stepped up when it counted as did Stevenson but I hope Patterson is alright and it was good to see Meeks have a good game too and hopefully we will use this momentum to re-take the SEC.

Anyone hear? I'm hoping it's not a High Ankle Sprain.
WHERE ARE ALL THE BCG COMMENTS???

We have 5 threads going after the MSU loss with over 150 posts, primarily about how poor BCG is. I'm not saying this game makes or breaks him, nor am I taking up for him, but I am SHOCKED that NO ONE has made any comments!!!
I waited after the game for autographs and to watch Billy G do his post game interview. He said that the x-rays were negative and that it was just a normal sprain on the foot that he did NOT hurt last year. But he also said there is no such thing as a normal sprain and it would be day to day, based on how he does in therapy.
Pages: 1 2