Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pat Summitt gets 1000th Career Victory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tennessee defeates Georgia 73-43 for Summitt to get her 1000th victory!

Congrats Pat, What an accomplishment!
Congrats and very well deserving!
Possibly the best coach of all time in college basketball? I would say so, although it's hard to say seeing that women's college basketball doesn't seem as competitive as men's college basketball.
Very deserving!! One of the best coaches to ever coach!!
One of the best coaches ever in college basketball, if not the best.

Congrats on a great accomplishment and an outstanding career!

Keep adding on to the wins Pat!
Glad to see her get it, she's the best coach to ever coach women's basketball and maybe basketball in general and the only coach outside of baseball with more wins is Jerry Slone (Utah Jazz).
Hands down, greatest coach in Basketball History. One of the few IMO who could successfully coach at the Mens level.
Stardust Wrote:Hands down, greatest coach in Basketball History. One of the few IMO who could successfully coach at the Mens level.

You are absolutely correct. She could have done much better than any of the men's coach Tenn. has had during her tenure except Pearl
^ I truly believe should could teach and be respected by male players. I can't say that all coaches could transition to the oppisite sex, but I beleive she could. I believe Gino Aureima (sic) of UCONN could coach mens as well. Both understand the game and know how to coach talent instead of having a single system. No doubt that their are tremendous differences between the male and female game.

On the other side, I think (and I hate him) Coach K could coach the Womens game. He is a teacher of the game and has the ability to communicate at all levels. But, could a Bobby Knight or Bob Huggins coach the Girls game, No Way!