Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My Views On Duke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I almost posted this a few weeks ago, and then tonight's game just made my opinions stronger:

Duke seems like an easy team to beat because they don't seem big enough to man-up and play physical in half-court. Their roster doesn't seem as short or as skinny as they looked on the floor, but it looked like they just get pushed around everytime and they looked a lot shorter than Clemson when the rosters seem like it should be the other way around, and it's seemed that way in other games, too.

Does anybody else feel the same way or am I just completely and utterly wrong?
BFritz Wrote:Alright, I almost posted this a few weeks ago, and then tonight's game just made my opinions stronger:

Duke seems like an easy team to beat because they don't seem big enough to man-up and play physical in half-court. Their roster doesn't seem as short or as skinny as they looked on the floor, but it looked like they just get pushed around everytime and they looked a lot shorter than Clemson when the rosters seem like it should be the other way around, and it's seemed that way in other games, too.

Does anybody else feel the same way or am I just completely and utterly wrong?

You can't be amazing every year. Coach K is doing great with the team he has, no size and is still able to compete.
They are easy to beat if they're not nailing their treys and turning the ball over as we seen tonight against Clemson. They are very tough to beat if they are hitting from deep and playing on their home floor.
This is not a deep team at all. They have a very good starting five (top five in the country), but their bench is what hurts them. dUKE has always been a "10 deep" team, but this is not one of those years.
Stardust Wrote:This is not a deep team at all. They have a very good starting five (top five in the country), but their bench is what hurts them. dUKE has always been a "10 deep" team, but this is not one of those years.

I agree this team gets in foul trouble any in the tourney thats the end of them I think Who is the deepest teams in the NCAA
What has been hurting Duke the last few years is the lack of athleticism. When they play an athletic team they ALWAYS have problems.