Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Starting 5 (as of Feb. 4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that UK is on a 3 game losing streak, it's obvious that we are having problems finding a true 3rd scorer, so what should the UK starting lineup look like as of 2/3/09?

IMO...

G- Porter
G- Meeks
F/G- Miller
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Order off the bench...

Liggins
Harris
Galloway
Harrellson
Stewart

No other players should be playing besides the 9 I mentioned.
i think that the starters should be.

1liggins
2meeks
3miller
4stevenson
5patterson

on the bench should be porter, Stewart Galloway , Harrellson harris i think that if he gave Galloway a try i think that he could be a good ball player.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Now that UK is on a 3 game losing streak, it's obvious that we are having problems finding a true 3rd scorer, so what should the UK starting lineup look like as of 2/3/09?

IMO...

G- Porter
G- Meeks
F/G- Miller
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Order off the bench...

Liggins
Harris
Harrellson
Stewart

I agree 100%. No other players besides these 9 contribute.
jcoleman0075 Wrote:i think that the starters should be.

1liggins
2meeks
3miller
4stevenson
5patterson

on the bench should be porter, Stewart Galloway , Harrellson harris i think that if he gave Galloway a try i think that he could be a good ball player.

Galloway seems lost on the court. Stewart is the one who needs to be given a chance. I don't know why he doesn't play more.
PG - Porter
SG - Meeks
SF - Harris (I know this is a surprise, but I think he can play SF)
PF - Stevenson
C - Patterson

Bench:
1) Miller
2) Liggins
3) Harrellson
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Now that UK is on a 3 game losing streak, it's obvious that we are having problems finding a true 3rd scorer, so what should the UK starting lineup look like as of 2/3/09?

IMO...

G- Porter
G- Meeks
F/G- Miller
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Order off the bench...

Liggins
Harris
Galloway
Harrellson
Stewart

I think this is dead on BCA. I even hinted yesterday at having Liggins as the 3 just to get more ball handling on the floor, but I think you have to go with Miller's defense and bring Liggins off the Bench. I'd like to see more Harrelson on the floor with Patterson. Stevenson has really made some porr decisions down the stretch of the last two games. I have never been a fan of Stewart, so let's stt if Harrelson can provide help with PP down low.

IMO...

G- Porter
G- Meeks
F/G- Miller
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Order off the bench...

Liggins
Harris
Galloway
Harrellson
Stewart

I strongly agree with this. There aren't any other players that contribute than the ones above. I would like to see Harrellson in the mix, I just think he had some potential to work with.
Stardust Wrote:I think this is dead on BCA. I even hinted yesterday at having Liggins as the 3 just to get more ball handling on the floor, but I think you have to go with Miller's defense and bring Liggins off the Bench. I'd like to see more Harrelson on the floor with Patterson. Stevenson has really made some porr decisions down the stretch of the last two games. I have never been a fan of Stewart, so let's stt if Harrelson can provide help with PP down low.

For once you are right I agree 100% with the harrelson thing but porter will not shoot the ball
theVILLE Wrote:For once you are right I agree 100% with the harrelson thing but porter will not shoot the ball

Porter doesn't have to shoot the ball.
PG- Liggins
SG- Meeks
SF- Harris
PF- Stevenson
C- Patterson
I would go ahead and start Liggins or Galloway. Sure they make alot of mistakes but get them ready for next year. Lets face it, UK can never be a great team with Porter at the point. But they have the potential to be with Liggins there.
Stardust Wrote:Porter doesn't have to shoot the ball.

Someone does and with meeks with two on him and miller with a man on him and patterson double team that leaves him or Harris. Its been obvious meeks isnt going to get open shots.. I dont know if you watched the game or not but they gave porter half the court to shoot from.... So I agree woth you on some things but not this Porter needs to shoot
Porter is a good PG and everything but he cant hit the 3...We need to play someone that can hit the 3 bc they are not letting Jodie do anything and everytime P-Pat gets it then a double team comes and he has to pass it out to Porter or Harris and they cant knock down a shot...I say put Slone in there he can hit the 3 and he brings that energy that we are lacking right now give him a shot...I know he isnt as athletic as the other players in the SEC but that doesnt matter he will give it his all and he mite help
fans, they can never be pleased. I'm glad were not rooting for Indiana.....
Stardust Wrote:fans, they can never be pleased. I'm glad were not rooting for Indiana.....

I don't even want to think about that!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I don't even want to think about that!

:thumpsup:
UkFan23 Wrote:Porter is a good PG and everything but he cant hit the 3...We need to play someone that can hit the 3 bc they are not letting Jodie do anything and everytime P-Pat gets it then a double team comes and he has to pass it out to Porter or Harris and they cant knock down a shot...I say put Slone in there he can hit the 3 and he brings that energy that we are lacking right now give him a shot...I know he isnt as athletic as the other players in the SEC but that doesnt matter he will give it his all and he mite help
I want you to think about what you just said. When you aren't as athletic as other players in the SEC but they are PLAYING against other SEC players, this may just be me but wouldn't that create a problem? I thought so. From what I watched the other night he has no reason to step foot on the floor the rest of the year unless it's lop-sided one way or the other. Slone could in no way play the point at the college level because he is a very suspect ball handler at best. What do you think would happen if a lock down PG were to get up on him and pressure him? I think the best thing for this year is to let Porter play the point just because he is an older player because Liggins isn't any better. They have won with Porter getting minutes and lost with Liggins getting minutes. I think we just need to give Porter a chance and go with it.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:I want you to think about what you just said. When you aren't as athletic as other players in the SEC but they are PLAYING against other SEC players, this may just be me but wouldn't that create a problem? I thought so. From what I watched the other night he has no reason to step foot on the floor the rest of the year unless it's lop-sided one way or the other. Slone could in no way play the point at the college level because he is a very suspect ball handler at best. What do you think would happen if a lock down PG were to get up on him and pressure him? I think the best thing for this year is to let Porter play the point just because he is an older player because Liggins isn't any better. They have won with Porter getting minutes and lost with Liggins getting minutes. I think we just need to give Porter a chance and go with it.

I never said to put Slone a the PG spot...I meant to put Liggins or Galloway at the PG spot and Slone at SG and Meeks at SF go kinda small so that when they double teamed Patterson in the post he could kick it out to Slone and he can knock it down bc nobody is gonna let Jodie have an open shot
Mark Krebs should start the way UK is playing haha
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:Mark Krebs should start the way UK is playing haha

Here we go, now the comedians come out Big Grin JK
Why not? give him a chance lol
Liggins
Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Patterson
I really think Liggins can get us in a offensive groove faster
beasy_bo Wrote:Liggins
Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Patterson
I really think Liggins can get us in a offensive groove faster

Liggins does set-up a lot of points, most of the time for the other team though
he actually does set up oints for us but he pushs it too much sometimes and he looks down the court as soon as he gets the ball unlike porter and he can drive and make a lay up if he has it. he just sucks at shooting it from outside the paint lol..... but its true. i just think he makes everyone else want to get down the court cause they know he'll get it to them. not all the time but most of the time.
The best starting 5 should look like this

1. Porter
2. Meeks
3, Stewart
4 Stevenson
5 Pat Patterson

then
Bring in Liggins, Miller,Harris,Galloway and Harrleson and if we need a spark then bring in Landon Slone.

People may laugh at my starting 5 but i want quick and athletism on the floor. If we pressed teams with this team we would cause a lot of turnovers.
bac2369 Wrote:The best starting 5 should look like this

1. Porter
2. Meeks
3, Stewart
4 Stevenson
5 Pat Patterson

then
Bring in Liggins, Miller,Harris,Galloway and Harrleson and if we need a spark then bring in Landon Slone.

People may laugh at my starting 5 but i want quick and athletism on the floor. If we pressed teams with this team we would cause a lot of turnovers.

Where is Stewart this year. He's a complete non-factor.

IMO...

G- Porter
G- Meeks
F/G- Miller
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Order off the bench...

Liggins
Harris
Galloway
Harrellson
Stewart

pg: liggins
sg; meeks
g/f miller
f: stevenson
f: patterson

bench
harrellson
galloway
slone
stewart
[quote=Cavsfan(-12)]pg: liggins
sg; meeks
g/f miller
f: stevenson
f: patterson

bench
harrellson
galloway
slone
stewart

this is actually pretty nice i wish i could see more of miller and harrellson personally
Patterson
Galloway
Harrellson
Miller
Meeks

Our original starting 5 isn't doing so good right now... lol
I don't see BCG changing the line up to be honest. With that said I would change up the line up.

PG - Liggins
SG - Meeks
SF - Miller
PF - Stevenson
C- Patterson

Bench
Porter
Harrellson
Galloway
Pages: 1 2