Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Signs 29 Players for 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By far the best recruiting class Kentucky has ever had.

Expect a lot of these guys to make an impact next season.
This is what we like to see
UK signed the #1 QB class this year! The Program is on the rise,keep gettin em Brooks!
Aside from the 4*'s and the QB's players I REALLY like:

LB Qua Huzzie- Kid is a heat seeking missile. From laGrange, the same school Woodyard, Braxton Kelley, and Auburn LB Tre Blackmon played at. His HS Coach said he may be the best defensive player he has ever coached though.

TE Terrell Mitchell- Kid is a physical specimen and coming down the stretch was about as highly recruited as any TE in the country. Big, fast, athletic, and can jump.

C Sam Simpson- KY boy. Possibly one of the Top 5 Centers in the country and a great character kid as well. Will be Mossakowski or Newton's best friend.

Maybe it is just me..but those three 3*'s are as good as nearly any 4* at their position you will find.
This class has potential.
According to Rivals(for what it is worth) the only class weaker than this in the SEC was Vandy.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:According to Rivals(for what it is worth) the only class weaker than this in the SEC was Vandy.

But yet we continue to surprise people. It's not the number of stars a player has it's the determination and heart that makes a player great.
I hope this class turns out to be a great one.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:According to Rivals(for what it is worth) the only class weaker than this in the SEC was Vandy.

I left out a word in my first post.

According to Rivals Florida State, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Miami should have been competing for a National Championship the past five years and UK has gotten just as much if not more out of their 2 and 3 star players than those schools.
The mystery committment Jonathan george may be the sleeper of all sleepers. Apparently this kid missed nearly all of his Junior season with a hamstring injury and most of his Spring and Summer prohibiting him from attending the recruiting camps. He put up over 3300 All Purpose yards in 4A Alabama football, led his team to an 11-2 record, and can do it all on the field. He is the Alabam State Champion in the 400m and also a State Champion wrestler.

Apparently Brooks received an email with highlights and they flew down to meet him. Joker and Brooks took extra pre-caution to keep this guy under wraps and a secret, Joker apparently thinks VERY highly of this kid.
I thought Newton was a 5star?
This is certainly a tremendous recruiting class
Aslan Wrote:I thought Newton was a 5star?

He was for most of the year on Scout. Only about 2 weeks ago did they kno0ck him to 4 Stars... but ironically he moved up in their QB ranking when the star drop occured.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He was for most of the year on Scout. Only about 2 weeks ago did they kno0ck him to 4 Stars... but ironically he moved up in their QB ranking when the star drop occured.

The list that BlackcatAlum gave us shows him as a 3 star.
A top 45 recruiting class at UK and in football..Never thought I would say that in my lifetime!
Aslan Wrote:The list that BlackcatAlum gave us shows him as a 3 star.

He didn't work out for Rivals.com. That is a list of commitments by Rivals.com.

Like EKUAlum05 said, Scout.com had Newton rated as a 5 star, but they recently dropped him to a 4 star.

Morgan Newton is the only player on the UK commit list that is apart of the ESPN Top 150.
Great class cant wait till next season since i have season tickets lol
I find this funny! This is one of the best if not the best recruiting classes of Kentucky in a long time! Yet, at the same time, the rest of the SEC is getting 5* and 4* players. In other words, Kentucky will improve, but our opponents will improve even more.
It's all about developing the raw talent once it gets there. In recent years FSU has been pathetic at it. This class is my favorite of the past 5. And the whole new coaching staff will get its chance at molding the talent. UK has shown it has the ability to mold talent and when getting the better talent now, with the same staff it should produce good results for the Wildcats. Did they fill needs at the WR and defensive line positions?
Panther Thunder Wrote:It's all about developing the raw talent once it gets there. In recent years FSU has been pathetic at it. This class is my favorite of the past 5. And the whole new coaching staff will get its chance at molding the talent. UK has shown it has the ability to mold talent and when getting the better talent now, with the same staff it should produce good results for the Wildcats. Did they fill needs at the WR and defensive line positions?

I think they did get some good WR's and defensive lineman, but they really didn't need WR's. They already had some receivers, they were just really young.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I think they did get some good WR's and defensive lineman, but they really didn't need WR's. They already had some receivers, they were just really young.

Did you just say that? UK does need recievers! I can't wait to see Mathews nexy year!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I think they did get some good WR's and defensive lineman, but they really didn't need WR's. They already had some receivers, they were just really young.

UK has plenty of Y and Z receivers, and they potentially have a great slot receiver in Cobb... what they don't have is that true X receiver. A big, tall, playmaker that cause matchup problems with his size. That's what they got with Matthews. UK also desperately needed athletic pass ctaching TE's which they got from Kendrick and Mitchell. Aaron Boyd wa ssupposed to be the "X" but he hasn't developed like they had hoped, by the time Matthews graduates he may be ready to fill that role.
Aslan Wrote:The list that BlackcatAlum gave us shows him as a 3 star.

Morgan Newton is a Parade All-American, an ESPN Top 150 player, and a 4 Star on super Preps.. one service (who happened to be spurned when he committed to UK and chose not tend their camps) rated him as a 5.7 3-Star (Highest ranking for a 3 Star still).

Morgan Newton is an elite level QB in everyone's eyes but Rivals.

Additionally, Mossakowski's ranking dropped after he injured his shoulder. He was at one point as highly rated as a 4 star could be without being a 5 Star.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:A top 45 recruiting class at UK and in football..Never thought I would say that in my lifetime!

If UK goes to a New Year's Day Bowl it will happen again next season IMO.

I will be shocked if UK lets Central's Tim Patterson, a sure bet for a 4 star, to go elsewhere. He was at the last UK B-ball agme wearing a UK sweater.

Kentucky has immediate PT available at some key positions. If Lindley gets drafted high and gets All-American recognition, and if Jarmon does the same, I fully expect UK to bring in high profile CB's and DE's. This year their main focus was QB and they landed two blue chippers, and di so early.
i am very pleased with the signings go big blue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakdown of offers players received as reported by Rivals:

0 offers except UK: 5
O BCS offers, offers from other FBS: 9
1 BCS offer: 3
2 BCS offers: 2
3 BCS offers: 1
4+ BCS offers: 8

Who we beat, schools with offers to our signees:

SEC:
Alabama
Auburn
Florida (2)
Georgia
Ole Miss
Miss State
South Carolina (3)
Tennessee
Vandy

ACC:
Clemson (3)
Duke
Miami (FL)
NC State
Virginia

Big 10:
Illinois (2)
Indiana (4)
Michigan
Purdue (2)
Wisconsin

Big 12:
Iowa State
Kansas (2)
Kansas State
Nebraska
Oklahoma State
Texas A&M

Big East:
Cincy (2)
Louisville (4)
Pitt
Rutgers
South Florida (2)
West Virginia

Pac-10:
Arizona
Arizona State (2)
Oregon (3)
Washington (2)
Washington State

MAC:
Akron
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Western Michigan

C-USA:
East Carolina
Marshall (2)
Memphis (3)
Southern Miss (2)
Tulsa (2)
UAB (3)

Mountain West:
Colorado State
New Mexico
UNLV

Sun-Belt:
Arkansas State (3)
FIU
North Texas
WKU

WAC:
Louisiana Tech
Nevada
Hey I am very excitied about this class things just keep getting better for us. As someone stated earlier with the way Brooks and Co. develope the players they have we are sitting pretty. We are going to have alot of young and raw talent for next season and that is what we have lacked to add with our experienced players. Hopefully this team will shape up to be something special next season, with the way basketball is going I am looking forward to Sept.
This looks to be an excellent class, the only drawback I saw was it seemed a little lean on defensive backs. Other than that, very impressive. Can't wait to see how they all pan out.

Wow, here it is smack in the middle of basketball season, and I'm already looking forward to this fall's UK football team! What in the world has happened?
More Cowbell Wrote:This looks to be an excellent class, the only drawback I saw was it seemed a little lean on defensive backs. Other than that, very impressive. Can't wait to see how they all pan out.

Wow, here it is smack in the middle of basketball season, and I'm already looking forward to this fall's UK football team! What in the world has happened?

UK really missed when they couldn't land Gene Robinson, Pat Miller, Justin Green, and Darren Myles.

The return of Lindley and the re-enrollment of Warford was without a doubt the best thing to happen to UK, but the Cats have got to address their needs at DB next year and sign 3 or 4 players.
^ Yeah they had tough luck with Green and Myles, I really thought Myles would be a Wildcat, but that's part of recruitment.

If UK plays well again and reaches 8 or 9 wins then you can bet that our recruiting class will only get better.

Look for UK to be major players for star talent if they can make it to a bigger bowl and win 4 in a row.
Pages: 1 2