Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi State-66 vs Kentucky-57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.

14 3pointers and 13 Blocks for the Bulldogs! Its hard to win when a team shoots like that!

Cats dont play again till Tuesday against the Gators, I hope we can get a much needed win!
LOL. Now you people see why I like Syracuse.
***@*****@* I dont know what to say right now
Congrats to M-State on the win.
Go Big Blue!!!!!
Overrated Wrote:LOL. Now you people see why I like Syracuse.

And why your name is "Overrated."Big Grin
Glad to see Landon got to play some tonight.
I don't like Liggins.

So in other words you like Syracuse because they win, where Im from we call that a FRONTRUNNER.
We have a coach who can recruit, but makes absolutely no adjustments. We now have the total opposite of Tubby Smith. Is there someone who can fuse these two coaches together to maybe, make a Coach K?
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:So in other words you like Syracuse because they win, where Im from we call that a FRONTRUNNER.

Well honestly, We both look dumb here, Cause Cuse is on a 3 game losing streak also. Rolleyes
Not a pretty game by the Cats, but MVP2 is correct. With the 3 pointers being rained in from from 28' and blocked shots galore, the Cats just could never sustain a run. Poor decisions by Stevenson hurt twice during runs when the Cats got the game to within 5. Finally, the defensive pressure that MSU put on Meeks was incredible.

No one else on this team wants to step up and be a scorer when Patterson and Meeks are being covered. A perfect example was the end of the game when Galloway deferred a layup to pass the ball back to Patterson. I appreciate the respect that Galloway had in giving the points to Patterson, but I want a guy who WANTS to score.

No, I don't. Syracuse will come and go UK is forever. I would much rather have a couple bad season in the 2000's, knowing my team is the most winningest program in the natioin. Not to mention the 7 Nat'l Championship banners that hang in my house.......... How many in yours? Your program is a young little greenhorn who's getting a taste of glory, mine is the wiley old Vet. and medal of honor recipiant, who's shelves are full of accolades.
mrfootball03 Wrote:We have a coach who can recruit, but makes absolutely no adjustments. We now have the total opposite of Tubby Smith. Is there someone who can fuse these two coaches together to maybe, make a Coach K?

Well, I'm not quite ready to say that about Gillespie. He came here as a guy who was very good at the X's & O's. He had the best record in the Big 12 each year he coached for games decided by 5 or less points, which tells me he knows how to call a game down the stretch. I just think it's personell. Wait till he has a Senior class to decide if the guy can coach or not.
Kyboy13 Wrote:No, I don't. Syracuse will come and go UK is forever. I would much rather have a couple bad season in the 2000's, knowing my team is the most winningest program in the natioin. Not to mention the 7 Nat'l Championship banners that hang in my house.......... How many in yours? Your program is a young little greenhorn who's getting a taste of glory, mine is the wiley old Vet. and medal of honor recipiant, who's shelves are full of accolades.

which means nothing right now. btw, we'll not be the most winngest program for long, Carolina is closing every game now. Open your eyes.
Kyboy13 Wrote:No, I don't. Syracuse will come and go UK is forever. I would much rather have a couple bad season in the 2000's, knowing my team is the most winningest program in the natioin. Not to mention the 7 Nat'l Championship banners that hang in my house.......... How many in yours? Your program is a young little greenhorn who's getting a taste of glory, mine is the wiley old Vet. and medal of honor recipiant, who's shelves are full of accolades.

Your right what was I thinking. Tough lose at home Cats! Tonight wasn't even a buzzer beater! Keep it up UK! You will be ready by March!TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:And why your name is "Overrated."Big Grin
thats what i thought. I guess that I am a louisville fan i am a front runner though. But I supported louisville since pitino arrived. So call it what you want to:lmao:
For what it's worth my opinion on this team and Coach Gillupsio hasn't changed since the last loss.
mrfootball03 Wrote:which means nothing right now. btw, we'll not be the most winngest program for long, Carolina is closing every game now. Open your eyes.

We stopped being the best Program after 98. UNC & dUKe has more wins than UK by plenty since then.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Congrats to M-State on the win.

:mad: I'm sure someone up north is playing tonight for you to comment on!!!
jump_shot5 Wrote:Glad to see Landon got to play some tonight.
Who was doing the game on TV tonight? That broadcaster was really downing Slone tonight and his abilities. He was talking about how Miss St was just trying to spread out the floor so their players could just take him off the dribble because he wasn't quick enough to defend them. Coach G needs to start finding better ways to get Meeks shots or this is going to be a long year for the Cats. It's like everyone else is just waiting for Jodie to score 50 again and they can't be a good team doing this.
What is Stansbury's record against UK? He seems to give the Cats a tough game every time they play.
Stardust Wrote:Well, I'm not quite ready to say that about Gillespie. He came here as a guy who was very good at the X's & O's. He had the best record in the Big 12 each year he coached for games decided by 5 or less points, which tells me he knows how to call a game down the stretch. I just think it's personell. Wait till he has a Senior class to decide if the guy can coach or not.

Its like this. i'm not calling for his head, but this team is not improving. a good coach will get everything out of every player. He will make due with what he has, and do the best possible. I don't think that is being done with Kentucky. We are getting worse, and he thinks we should just keep doing what were doing. How many times did he laugh last night when someone brought up to maybe play zone? 3 I counted. And his is excuse, we have the best shooting defense. Tonight there were at least 6 times when a MS player blew by a Ky player, and someone had to help out which left a man open to score. STUPID. In this situation tonight, I would have switched to something like 3-2 to combat thier penetration & outside shooting..
SuperB70 Wrote::mad: I'm sure someone up north is playing tonight for you to comment on!!!

Well, OSU won beating a top 20 team!

yuor point is kentucky cant buy a game now in the present. you arent suppose to live life by the past today is another day or another loss i guess. 7 championships impressive but cant win a game and carolina and duke well there knocking on the door and probaly going to come in and still everything.
theVILLE Wrote:yuor point is kentucky cant buy a game now in the present. you arent suppose to live life by the past today is another day or another loss i guess. 7 championships impressive but cant win a game and carolina and duke well there knocking on the door and probaly going to come in and still everything.

Your opinion would be taken more seriously if you properly used spelling and grammar.
Exactly right mrfootball, but no one will open their eyes to see it. I, however, am not saying anymore about them because its pointless, no one will accept the fact that they suck and will continue to do so until coach g is gone.
SuperB70 Wrote::mad: I'm sure someone up north is playing tonight for you to comment on!!!
Someone in a bad mood becasue their team has now been punked three times in a row?

I was rooting for the cats but my heart does not break because they again went down in flames.
erll again they got outcoached I think we need another coach sure give him another year or two but that is scarry thought isnt it. I have heard that in the south carolina game coach and all the players had a rubics cube passing it around.(if true than not a coach) wouldn't shake hands in south carolinas game, liggins refuses to play and plays 27 minutes the next game, he can recruit but all he has is meeks and patterson, he has no guard. Well to stop this problem a method called RECRUITING. Has anyone else heard the rubics cube thing not saying its true but ive heard it from several people.
GET A NEW COACH
Stardust Wrote:What is Stansbury's record against UK? He seems to give the Cats a tough game every time they play.

Its hard to play in Starkville, but Kentucky usually takes MSU @ Rupp.. not tonight tho.. Tubby never lost to MSU @ Rupp.. Kentucky's last loss to MSU @ home was in 95'..
Pages: 1 2 3