Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEC player of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering who you though would be the SEC player of the year, also explain your reasoning please.
My pick has to be Downey from South Carolina he is vey important to their sucess and leads them in points assists, and he is second in the conference in scoring. He is also very clutch. My other pick would have to be Galathes from Florida he is very important and is an odd guard but his style I like and he is having a big year. Then meeks is another I consider just not as much as downey because he is important but he has to be open and he leads the conference in scoring but he shoots 60 percent of the time.
DOWNEY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
You have to choose Jodie Meeks as the SEC player of the year! He's being considered the national player of the year!
Have to give it to Jodie Meeks.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:You have to choose Jodie Meeks as the SEC player of the year! He's being considered the national player of the year!

Thats what I was thinking.
no doubt it has to be Jodie.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:You have to choose Jodie Meeks as the SEC player of the year! He's being considered the national player of the year!

He is the SEC player of the year, but he is not even close to national player of the year. He is top 7 or 8 in the country possibly, but after Griffin and Hansbrough, there is a huge dropoff. It is down to them 2.
Jodie Meeks easily gets SEC Player of the Year.

If anyone else got it, it would be Patrick Patterson.
Meeks without a doubt.
Tyler Smith is for real or meeks
Has to be Meeks
Meeks
Im gonna have to say Pat Patterson w/o him UK is nothing. Meeks is good, dont get me wrong but Patterson is the backbone of the team.
I don't see how anyone couldnt say Meeks.

i agree with you totaly. that 54 point game was nice i think that alone would put him in the runnigs.:rockon:
runninrebs21 Wrote:He is the SEC player of the year, but he is not even close to national player of the year. He is top 7 or 8 in the country possibly, but after Griffin and Hansbrough, there is a huge dropoff. It is down to them 2.

ure just full of hot air. meeks gets ut without a dooubt.
Ok but downey came into rupp adn outplayed him sure he had a 54 point game but since then he has been below averge hasn't he
theVILLE Wrote:Ok but downey came into rupp adn outplayed him sure he had a 54 point game but since then he has been below averge hasn't he

I agree that Downey should be in the top 3 with Jodie and Patterson. Downey did outplay Jodie (just as he did last season) but he did it playing almost the entire game. Jodie only played around 8 minutes in the first half, although this was jodie's fault because he got into foul trouble. But, what i think is interesting is your reference to jodies below average games 24, 21, 20 are still more points than Downey averages.
At this stage Jodie Meeks, but from UC standout Downey has played great. He's the best PG in the league