Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina 78 - Kentucky 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its official, we suck again. Shameful. This is a game we should have not lost. Pitiful. Something has got to change.
Final.

Cats drop 2 straight to fall 5-2 in conf.

Sux Sad
Man this makes me sick at my stomach
Perry Stevenson should not have had the ball..... Meeks should have went and got it the ball....
I dunno about us. We have identity problems, we cant figure out if we want to be good or play like garbage. Oh well...
Nothing against the Cats but I am happy to see South Carolina was able to walk away with the win in this one.

S-Car (16-4, 5-2 SEC)
Cats (16-6, 5-2 SEC)
Liggins does not help this team. Hes not coming along like he should. Darius Miller however played good.
Billy Gillespie made a mistake by calling that timeout too soon before we got the ball to halfcourt. Right now, we stink. From the top (Coaches) to the bottom (Ball boys)
Perry should not have been bringing the ball up the floor in a situation like that---guards should have gone and gotten it from him. But then 2 missed free throws.......omg! Can't blame it on Perry though----not stopping Downey all the live long day[B]was the problem.....

Is it just me or does anyone else get sick of watching someone just come into Rupp and be unstoppable?
[/B]
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Nothing against the Cats but I am happy to see South Carolina was able to walk away with the win in this one.

S-Car (16-4, 5-2 SEC)
Cats (16-6, 5-2 SEC)

:ChairHit: :moon: Rolleyes
2nd straight loss for us. If Perry Stevenson would have made his free-throws at the end of the game. We would have won.

But Oh Well, that's basketball and we just have to move on and put this game behind us.
We are more talented, and deep than South Carolina. Anybody that doesn't see that needs a reality check. The same goes with Ole Miss.

The fact is we have been out coached the last two games, and Billy G. has shown no class with the last two losses.

First he blows up at a sideline reporter for asking a relevant question at Ole Miss, proceeds to lose.

Then he puts together a horrible plan, and confuses everybody once again with his substitution patterns. Loses a game late, and refuses to shake hands with anybody after.

I can take losing if the other team is better, but lose with class at least. He is doing a poor job of coaching and representing the University with his actions as of late.
alfus21 Wrote:We are more talented, and deep than South Carolina. Anybody that doesn't see that needs a reality check. The same goes with Ole Miss.

The fact is we have been out coached the last two games, and Billy G. has shown no class with the last two losses.

First he blows up at a sideline reporter for asking a relevant question at Ole Miss, proceeds to lose.

Then he puts together a horrible plan, and confuses everybody once again with his substitution patterns. Loses a game late, and refuses to shake hands with anybody after.

I can take losing if the other team is better, but lose with class at least. He is doing a poor job of coaching and representing the University with his actions as of late.

He didn't shake hands???? I turned off the tube as soon as the last shot missed----totally disgusted.....

If he really didn't shake hands that is pretty classless....
Yea he didnt shake his hand. I dont know about Billy G to be honest.
alfus21 Wrote:We are more talented, and deep than South Carolina. Anybody that doesn't see that needs a reality check. The same goes with Ole Miss.

he better hurry an get his act straightened up, or he'll be out quicker than Tubby Smith..
transplanttiger Wrote:He didn't shake hands???? I turned off the tube as soon as the last shot missed----totally disgusted.....

If he really didn't shake hands that is pretty classless....

He didn't. Coach Horn tried to shake his hand and Gillispie walked right around him. Classless indeed.

Not to mention, another nice Technical foul by Coach Gillispie in this one. They make both free throws, and we lose by 1 point. Just sayin' :eek:I will however say that it briefly shifted momentum, so you can't for say this. I was just throwing it out there for kicks.
I totally agree Alfus, and it looks like people are finally starting to see what I have been saying since the idiot became coach. He is by far the worst coach UK has ever had and yet this what you people wanted. Until he is gone, UK will continue to be this way.
alfus21 Wrote:Not to mention, another nice Technical foul by Coach Gillispie in this one. They make both free throws, and we lose by 1 point. Just sayin' :eek:I will however say that it briefly shifted momentum, so you can't for say this. I was just throwing it out there for kicks.

It did spark us to lead at the half.
elkcity2224 Wrote:Apparently you missed how that we were playing like zombies down nine and after that technical we got on a run to lead at the half.

Looks like it mattered in the long run huh? Like I said I was just throwing it out there. He did the same thing in the Louisville game, except in that case it destroyed the momentum.

Being more talented has nothing at all to do with winning. If that were the case we could just look at the schedule and determine who is the champion two months ago, thats why they play the game. It comes down to who plays better in that game and south carolina just played a little better today. Relax we have had 2 bad games out of our last like 15 gotta put this game behind us its over and move on to the next one where hopefully we can turn it around.
elkcity2224 Wrote:Being more talented has nothing at all to do with winning. If that were the case we could just look at the schedule and determine who is the champion two months ago, thats why they play the game. It comes down to who plays better in that game and south carolina just played a little better today. Relax we have had 2 bad games out of our last like 15 gotta put this game behind us its over and move on to the next one where hopefully we can turn it around.

They played a lot better today. We were at home, and we do have more talent. It came down to coaching today, plain and simple. There is no excuse to not have your team prepared for this game after getting beat by a terrible Ole Miss team earlier in the week.

I kept quiet after that loss, and about his classless act at halftime, but today was a joke. Billy Gillispie has 0 quality wins at UK, and has lost to several teams that have had mediocre talent (VMI, San Diego, Gardner Webb) I mean look at the teams I just listed, all three of those losses were at home.

I'm not going to argue about it, because I hope they turn it around too, but our Coach needs to get it together before then and start showing a little class along the way.
Top 25 team?
alfus21 Wrote:They played a lot better today. We were at home, and we do have more talent. It came down to coaching today, plain and simple. There is no excuse to not have your team prepared for this game after getting beat by a terrible Ole Miss team earlier in the week.

I kept quiet after that loss, and about his classless act at halftime, but today was a joke. Billy Gillispie has 0 quality wins at UK, and has lost to several teams that have had mediocre talent (VMI, San Diego, Gardner Webb) I mean look at the teams I just listed, all three of those losses were at home.

I'm not going to argue about it, because I hope they turn it around too, but our Coach needs to get it together before then and start showing a little class along the way.

I agree with you on that he needs to get some more quality wins but I would call beating TENN last year a quality win. I question why we allowed South Carolina to shoot at the end they had shot like 40% from the free throw line. I agree as well if you lose you should lose with class. Now we just have to turn our attention to the next game and turn it around against Miss St..
The sooner Kentucky fans realize BCG is not going to do what they expect him to do at UK, the sooner they will be able to come to terms with the state of UK Basketball...
transplanttiger Wrote:Perry should not have been bringing the ball up the floor in a situation like that---guards should have gone and gotten it from him. But then 2 missed free throws.......omg! Can't blame it on Perry though----not stopping Downey all the live long day[B]was the problem.....

Is it just me or does anyone else get sick of watching someone just come into Rupp and be unstoppable?
[/B]

As I said earlier in the week downey was to much and the guard come and get the ball so think about it they need a guard
TATE_64 Wrote:Perry Stevenson should not have had the ball..... Meeks should have went and got it the ball....

Perry should have stroked his free throws.
theVILLE Wrote:As I said earlier in the week downey was to much and the guard come and get the ball so think about it they need a guard

yes you had it on the nose
Have to hit free throws down the stretch.

Downey just made a tough shot. The defense was good he just stepped up and hit it.

The timeout on the last play was bad. Wait until the ball is inbounded and set up a play from half court. That was a major foul up IMO.
Ouch!
FBALL Wrote:Have to hit free throws down the stretch.

Downey just made a tough shot. The defense was good he just stepped up and hit it.

The timeout on the last play was bad. Wait until the ball is inbounded and set up a play from half court. That was a major foul up IMO.

Yes indeed, Downey made a clutch jump shot to put South Carolina up by 1. But, can't blame Meeks for that shot Downey made. Because Meeks played great D. But Downey just made a big shot.
Pages: 1 2