Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dennis Felton Fired @ UGA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dennis Felton, who last season led Georgias basketball program to an improbable SEC tournament championship, was fired on Thursday morning, the school announced.

Good move for the Dawgs, the former WKU coach was just not cutting it in Athens!
Who's his replacement, Gottfired?
I'm not suprised this happened. I think had he not won the SEC Tournament last year, he would have been fired then.
This is a bad move for the Dawgs. Remember, Felton took over for Jim Harrick, who left UGA in trouble with the NCAA. Felton also won the SEC last year. His record sucks, this year, but I think firing him now was a wrong move.
Pete Herrman is his replacement.
I'm not sure about this move because he did win the SEC tournament last season, but the Bulldogs have finished close to the bottom every year since he has been at UGA.

It's always going to be tough to expect to succeed in basketball at a football school, because a lot of money usually goes to the football program.
Wow Billy G had better watch his job every other SEC coach is getting fired if UK loses two in row Mitch may just up and fire him as well! LOL
Don't know what took them so long! He sat on the bench unconsicous, wonder if
Gottfied took his pulse.
How do u go from the Sec champs one year to getting fired before the end of the next season. Horrible move on Georgias part this is about stupid I think but what ever floats your boat.
Good i hate him.
He just couldn't win in the regular season and the program has been terrible to say the least.