Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #6 Wake Forest 70 - #1 Duke 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. What a good night!
Awesome...hahaBig Grin
I love this! Good game
Henderson lost this game for us. I know he is Dukes best player but you can't guard a big man from the side when under the goal. But deep down Duke played great and still 1 of the best teams in the Nation. Congrats to WF on a great game!!
Gr8 for Wake!! They had Duke down 11 or 12 pts, then Duke made their usual run.
Duke is a good team no doubt, the last inbound play was genius. I expect to see a lot more teams run it in that situation.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Duke is a good team no doubt, the last inbound play was genius. I expect to see a lot more teams run it in that situation.

I agree, I had a feeling that was gonna happen. Wake Forest is a Great Team
You won't see to many inbound plays executed to perfection like that.
Nice to see Wake won.
Didn't see it, but I am happy that dUKe is no longer #1
Big Grin
Good game..but love to watch the Devils drop a close one.
Great game to watch! Right down to the wire. This is why I love college basketball, for finishes like these. It's not because I hate Duke, which I do. It didn't matter to me who won this game. It was just so much fun to watch!

I am glad Wake came out with the win though.
Congrats Wake Forest on a big win!!!
I don't think this is much of an upset. ESPN would have you think this is huge. Wake is a really good team. They were #1 last week, so its not like its out of nowhere. So this is no surprise to me. To me, ACC is the toughest conference in the country right now. Nobody in the Big East can touch the big three in the ACC.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I don't think this is much of an upset. ESPN would have you think this is huge. Wake is a really good team. They were #1 last week, so its not like its out of nowhere. So this is no surprise to me. To me, ACC is the toughest conference in the country right now. Nobody in the Big East can touch the big three in the ACC.

Have to agree with you on that one
Aslan Wrote:You won't see to many inbound plays executed to perfection like that.

I know, that was just a perfect play made at the perfect time. It couldn't have worked out better for the Deacons.
I only saw the last five seconds of the game as i was walking through the house. Now I'm happy as can be.
Stardust Wrote:Didn't see it, but I am happy that dUKe is no longer #1

I don't know why you are doing that. All time Duke vs. UK the wins go Duke 8 UK 11, UK could only get 11 wins over a Duke team that has only shined over the last 20 years? Also, Duke has won all 3 games when they have faced each other in the NCAA tournament. Can you say CHOKE?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I don't know why you are doing that. All time Duke vs. UK the wins go Duke 8 UK 11, UK could only get 11 wins over a Duke team that has only shined over the last 20 years? Also, Duke has won all 3 games when they have faced each other in the NCAA tournament. Can you say CHOKE?

Can we give all the Duke/UK hate talk a rest?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Can we give all the Duke/UK hate talk a rest?

When people quit making the references to UK in Duke threads, maybe.
Watched the last couple playes of the game,but any time that Duke gets beat thats has got to be a great game.
always good night when Duke and Tennessee both lose.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I don't know why you are doing that. All time Duke vs. UK the wins go Duke 8 UK 11, UK could only get 11 wins over a Duke team that has only shined over the last 20 years? Also, Duke has won all 3 games when they have faced each other in the NCAA tournament. Can you say CHOKE?

Do some homework before you post statements like this. Uk beat Duke in the final four in the 1966 tournament, then UK beat Duke in the 1978 championship game, and then UK beat Duke in the elite eight on their way to championship in 1998.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I don't know why you are doing that. All time Duke vs. UK the wins go Duke 8 UK 11, UK could only get 11 wins over a Duke team that has only shined over the last 20 years?....

Obviously you havent followed duke very long. Just because they didnt win championships until the 90's doesnt meant they have only been a contender for the last couple of decades. In the sixties Duke made several final four runs and averaged 22 wins a season for the decade, and this is with only around 20-25 regular season games. They also had a couple great teams in the late 70's that made runs in the NCAA tournament.
This is a pretty good site for you duke fans to check out.
http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketball-m/seasons/
Glad to see Wake back in the hunt!

No, you are wrong. UK beat duke in 1998 and UK went on to win their 7 national title. Look it up. Plus only people who like duke that live in KY are front runners.
PC_You_Know Wrote:When people quit making the references to UK in Duke threads, maybe.

Plus your profile says your a UK fan, why are you defending Duke????
Cavsfan(-12) Wrote:No, you are wrong. UK beat duke in 1998 and UK went on to win their 7 national title. Look it up. Plus only people who like duke that live in KY are front runners.

People have a choice who to chose for. Just because your from Kentucky dont mean UK has to be the college you have to chose for. I have liked DUKE since I was around 12 years old, Im not front runner, I grew up cheering for Duke... I like Kentucky but Love Duke, people have a choice
Pages: 1 2