Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why Kentucky fans hate DUKE!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering why all you cat fans hate Duke! I dont like DUKE no way form or fashion but I just want to know why!
Two words. Christian Laettner.
No one likes Duke. Only bandwaggoner's and genious's who actually get into the school like Duke.

Why did you start this thread?

To make a comeback on how Christian Laettner hit the game winning shot to be UK in 1992?

This thread is absolutely pointless.
Is this what you meant? Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:Is this what you meant? Big Grin

How appropriateSmile
Jshort5 Wrote:Two words. Christian Laettner.

:1:
[quote=outdoorsman43]No one likes Duke. Only bandwaggoner's and genious's who actually get into the school like Duke.

To make a comeback on how Christian Laettner hit the game winning shot to be UK in 1992?

This thread is absolutely pointless.[/QUOTE]

:notworthy Amen
A little bit of jealousy, UK fans see them as a threat to being the flagship program of college basketball. Alot of Christian Laettner, Dicky V, Billy Packer and Coach K. I have to admit I cant stand listening to Coach K. I find him just terribly irratating and condescending as well.
FBALL Wrote:A little bit of jealousy, UK fans see them as a threat to being the flagship program of college basketball. Alot of Christian Laettner, Dicky V, Billy Packer and Coach K. I have to admit I cant stand listening to Coach K. I find him just terribly irratating and condescending as well.

It's fair to say that they are not a threat, but the real deal. I hate to admit it, but every year they are in a position at some point during the year to be called "the team to beat". They have suprassed Kentucky over the last 20 years in consistency and wins over that period. I respect dUKe and UNC for what they have accomplished, but I sure do like to HATE them!
Jshort5 Wrote:Two words. Christian Laettner.

That's exactly right!!!
It is perfectly fine for UK fans to dislike Duke..in fact I made a list in a previous thread why. It has nothing to do with Laettner..in fact there are tons of fans who dislike Duke who support UNC, Kansas, UCLA, and other major programs.

What is idiotic are the UK fans who consider Duke UK's biggest rival.
I Love Duke
Two reasons.

Duke beat Kentucky head to head in the national championship.
Duke is going to pass Kentucky on the all time wins list.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Two reasons.

Duke beat Kentucky head to head in the national championship.
Duke is going to pass Kentucky on the all time wins list.

1. Duke has never defeated UK in the national championship. UK has 3 National Runner-ups, they came to Texas Western, UCLA, and Arizona

2. Kentucky has over 120 more All-Time wins than Duke...UNC is the closest to catching UK..not Duke.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No one likes Duke. Only bandwaggoner's and genious's who actually get into the school like Duke.

I have followed Duke since I was in High school. I think that was the first time I can remember Ohio State playing Duke.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No one likes Duke. Only bandwaggoner's and genious's who actually get into the school like Duke.

I love Duke, im no bandwaggoner.. I grew up and fell in love with them
My point was to figure out if it was Christian Latiner or what it was. I dislike duke to but it has nothing to do with the fact christian Latiner hit that buzzer beater. That was fair and square and If kentucky was in dukes place you would want a buzzer beater. The reason I hate duke is because all the recognition they get all the time and I dont really like the coach.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It is perfectly fine for UK fans to dislike Duke..in fact I made a list in a previous thread why. It has nothing to do with Laettner..in fact there are tons of fans who dislike Duke who support UNC, Kansas, UCLA, and other major programs.

What is idiotic are the UK fans who consider Duke UK's biggest rival.

Laettner is why I hate them!!
Besides the whole Laettner thing, it could also be that Adolf Rupp was going to coach the Blue Devils when UK forced him into retirement but fortunately he was unable to.
Can I start a thread on why Duke fans hate UKBig Grin
It's duke.
My hatred began with Laettner's shot. Like everyone else, I remember it like it was yesterday.

But, the feeling is mutual. You should have seen the looks I got when I used to wear my UK sweatshirt to the mall in Durham.....just for spite, I might add.