Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ole Miss 85 Kentucky 80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Meeks gets shut down. I said this before the Alabama game. The next two road games were dangerous. It proved true.
They weren't dangerous, we looked like an 8th grade team out there trying to play. We may possibly have the dumbest team in college basketball.
Liggins was throwing up some dumb shots. Porter should have been in. They played great D on us and thats why they got the W.
We should have got it to Meeks everytime with about 1:30 left....
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Liggins was throwing up some dumb shots. Porter should have been in. They played great D on us and thats why they got the W.
Real Coach hey need Ricky P out there Right
blackcat Wrote:They weren't dangerous, we looked like an 8th grade team out there trying to play. We may possibly have the dumbest team in college basketball.

You said it not me and a team with good defense is what makes them look like an 8th grade team. Oh yea folks just so you know that was without 3 starters including leading scorer Chris Warren.
This was quite possibly the most embarrassing loss of the year. A bad ole miss team is without 3 of its best players, and we cant do anything with them. Meeks was held in check almost the entire game, and Liggins made some horrible decisions. Hopefully they play better than this, because the team that played tonight wont win another SEC game.
Im with ya there Blackcat, they looked horrible out there. They never press, they cant box out and rebound, they were not blocking shots tonight like they usually do; I think they may possibly be the most retarded players in basketball along with the most retarded coach in the game anywhere in the world. Porter barely played after he got 3 fouls and the offense runs so much better under him than Liggins. Liggins forces and takes too many stupid shots. Stevenson was non existent, again, like most games. The only thing this team is consistent at doing is playing the same tired game every time they play. No defense, poor shot selection, no screens being set to open anyone up for a shot, just everything that can go wrong, this team makes it happen, and its as much their fault as it is the coach. They never deserved to be ranked in the first place and this proves it. The SEC is as bad as advertised, but I still dont think the Big East is as good as advertised either. I am officially done with UK, I can't watch them without getting a headache because of the way they play, they are a complete joke, I dont care what any of you on here say.
We will win our next SEC game.
how about Ole Miss , played good defense on us, out rebounded us and made a bunch of threes, I dont care how many players they had out, they are all college athletes. Ole miss played well, we didnt. We are not a top team yet.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Im with ya there Blackcat, they looked horrible out there. They never press, they cant box out and rebound, they were not blocking shots tonight like they usually do; I think they may possibly be the most retarded players in basketball along with the most retarded coach in the game anywhere in the world. Porter barely played after he got 3 fouls and the offense runs so much better under him than Liggins. Liggins forces and takes too many stupid shots. Stevenson was non existent, again, like most games. The only thing this team is consistent at doing is playing the same tired game every time they play. No defense, poor shot selection, no screens being set to open anyone up for a shot, just everything that can go wrong, this team makes it happen, and its as much their fault as it is the coach. They never deserved to be ranked in the first place and this proves it. The SEC is as bad as advertised, but I still dont think the Big East is as good as advertised either. I am officially done with UK, I can't watch them without getting a headache because of the way they play, they are a complete joke, I dont care what any of you on here say.

:ChairHit:
Every team is going to have a bad game and tonight the cats had one. I don't understand why everyone is freaking out and saying were a stupid team thats not talented just by what happened in one game. The cats will use this as a learning experience and they will get it done. Everyone needs to quit having a mental breakdown after every time we lose. Were still ranked first in the underrated SEC.
I don't think that we have the worst team, but I do think that we make some stupid decisions...I like Liggins because he's not afraid to bring the ball up the court, plus he pushes the ball even if he makes freshman mistakes...Porter is afraid to shoot which causes whoever is guarding him just to double and help on Meeks...If Porter won't shoot then he needs to be on the bench...Outcomes like this will happen when you only have two players that aren't afraid to shoot the ball...You shut Meeks down and this could happen on any given night...That's when Billy G needs to draw up something on the sideline to get him open...Billy has got to lower his ego and play some zone...Man to Man for 40 minutes will bite you sooner or later and tonight the cats got bit...Only true fans stick with their teams through wins and losses...Go Cats!!!
Billnz28 Wrote::ChairHit:
I know how you feel.
Jut23 Wrote:I don't think that we have the worst team, but I do think that we make some stupid decisions...I like Liggins because he's not afraid to bring the ball up the court, plus he pushes the ball even if he makes freshman mistakes...Porter is afraid to shoot which causes whoever is guarding him just to double and help on Meeks...If Porter won't shoot then he needs to be on the bench...Outcomes like this will happen when you only have two players that aren't afraid to shoot the ball...You shut Meeks down and this could happen on any given night...That's when Billy G needs to draw up something on the sideline to get him open...Billy has got to lower his ego and play some zone...Man to Man for 40 minutes will bite you sooner or later and tonight the cats got bit...Only true fans stick with their teams through wins and losses...Go Cats!!!

I agree with you man I love how liggins pushes the ball. Yea he had a bad night shooting but atleast he shoots.
We didnt rebound very well tonight. Hope we get the next one.
I don't think anyone in the SEC could of beat Ole Miss tonight. That's not really saying much though.
Lack of heart and hustle, pitiful display of rebounding and we have players that try to do 1-man basketball instead of running the offense....pitiful.
I hope we play them in the SEC tourn. It will be a different game.
Keep on the topic of the game and quit the childish arguing.
UK fans, its not the end of the world.

All of the talk about Kentucky going undefeated in the SEC was ridiculous in the first place. Get a grip people. They are a good team but not a great one. They are going to have nights like this and they are also going to get every other teams best shot. There will be a few more losses.

I'm sorry but Liggins does so much more harm to this team than what his potential justifies for playing him. Terrible shots, horrible decisions and out of control play is not what a team with only two legitamate scoring threats need. Pushing the ball up court just to take a bad shot or turn the ball over is not productive.

The best offensive possesion of the game was in the first minute when UK ran their sets used the entire shot clock and never panicked as they got an open look with I believe one second left. They only did that while Porter was in the game. I really have to question why he never went back in after the third foul?
I have to come over here after getting on catspause and seeing all of the CRAP that our fanbase throws at each other. Questions, about whether CBG is the right coach, whether the questions at halftime was appropriate, whether tonight was a statement by CBC to the team. I wasn't to get some things off my chest so hear me out.

First, we lost tonight because of a lack of experience at point, plain and simple. Liggins is IMO the biggest reason we lost the game. Liggins is going to have to quickly realize that he is not a shoot nor a slasher he is a BALLHANDLER. If he makes correct decisions then Patterson who get the ball at the correct times.

Meeks was doubled, and shut down tonight, still ends up with 21. He did not shoot well, and had many turnovers.

Brightest spot of the game was Miller who is developing into a good college player. Loved his game tonight. He was the only one that that seemed to get freakin rebounds and out hustled Stevenson for them

Stevenson followed his best game of the year with his worst game. So many rebounds that he should have got. NO EXCUSE for missing them and giving Ole Miss put back after put back. God gave him the blessing of height but he is passive as to when to hustle for the ball and get BIG rebounds.

Harris, I don't know if it was the injury and he was still feeling woozy or what, but he cost us a lot tonight. Mostly because he was a liability on defense and offense. Could not do a single thing. It may be time to write off that Harris will be a big part of this team. Health, ability, I don't know if it will happen for him.

Now for my biggest issue. The freakin question at halftime. IT WAS A TRAP THAT WORKED OUT PERFECT FOR ESPN. Before anyone says, "oh there goes another ESPN blame," consider this: EPSN wants a story. By asking CBC a questions as stupid as " What do you have to do for JODIE, so that he get more points (roughly)" ESPN is wanting a reaction like what CBC gave them. Now they have something else that can be discussed, another story. Do I agree with CBC saying this is not the University of Meeks, this is the Universoty of Kentucky? YOU BEAT I DO!!! Coach was not rude if he was standing up for his own players.

All in all, I know that this team will play better and I know that we DO have the right coach.
No such thing as a bad loss, but this was by no means a bad loss. I seen many things that were exposed that the Cats need to work on. Always tough on the road in the SEC and there was no way the Cats were going to run the table in the SEC.

So, now that we are all back down to earth with the Cats, I think we give them a chance to work on the weak spots of their game and see them come back as a better team.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I have to come over here after getting on catspause and seeing all of the CRAP that our fanbase throws at each other. Questions, about whether CBG is the right coach, whether the questions at halftime was appropriate, whether tonight was a statement by CBC to the team. I wasn't to get some things off my chest so hear me out.

First, we lost tonight because of a lack of experience at point, plain and simple. Liggins is IMO the biggest reason we lost the game. Liggins is going to have to quickly realize that he is not a shoot nor a slasher he is a BALLHANDLER. If he makes correct decisions then Patterson who get the ball at the correct times.

Meeks was doubled, and shut down tonight, still ends up with 21. He did not shoot well, and had many turnovers.

Brightest spot of the game was Miller who is developing into a good college player. Loved his game tonight. He was the only one that that seemed to get freakin rebounds and out hustled Stevenson for them

Stevenson followed his best game of the year with his worst game. So many rebounds that he should have got. NO EXCUSE for missing them and giving Ole Miss put back after put back. God gave him the blessing of height but he is passive as to when to hustle for the ball and get BIG rebounds.

Harris, I don't know if it was the injury and he was still feeling woozy or what, but he cost us a lot tonight. Mostly because he was a liability on defense and offense. Could not do a single thing. It may be time to write off that Harris will be a big part of this team. Health, ability, I don't know if it will happen for him.

Now for my biggest issue. The freakin question at halftime. IT WAS A TRAP THAT WORKED OUT PERFECT FOR ESPN. Before anyone says, "oh there goes another ESPN blame," consider this: EPSN wants a story. By asking CBC a questions as stupid as " What do you have to do for JODIE, so that he get more points (roughly)" ESPN is wanting a reaction like what CBC gave them. Now they have something else that can be discussed, another story. Do I agree with CBC saying this is not the University of Meeks, this is the Universoty of Kentucky? YOU BEAT I DO!!! Coach was not rude if he was standing up for his own players.

All in all, I know that this team will play better and I know that we DO have the right coach.

I agree with everything.
Kentucky lost this game because they were flat outworked. Ole Miss cleaned up so many offensive rebounds it was sickening. If UK just stays strong on the defensive glass, they win this game.

Stevenson just isn't strong enough around the rim, with his height he should have 10+ rebounds every night. I'm even going to criticize Meeks here, by saying that he should be embarassed to have only grabbed one rebound. I know he's a guard, but anyone as athletic as he is should be able to get a few more boards.

Bottom line, other than Patrick Patterson and Darius Miller, UK did not deserve to win this game tonight. Coach needs to toughen them up a little bit.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I have to come over here after getting on catspause and seeing all of the CRAP that our fanbase throws at each other. Questions, about whether CBG is the right coach, whether the questions at halftime was appropriate, whether tonight was a statement by CBC to the team. I wasn't to get some things off my chest so hear me out.

Bingo! Everyone quit getting all bent out of shape. UK will be fine and Gillispie was and is still the man for the job.
Ole Miss really looked like the better team tonight.
This really surprised me tonight. Ole Miss just wanted it more than Kentucky did! And my hat goes off to them.

Good Job Ole Miss and Keep Your Heads Up Cats!
Ole Miss didnt play that great.. ppl are saying no one in the SEC could have beat them tonight and that is stupid. Ole Miss played bad, but Kentucky just played worse. Yeah Liggins made some bad mistakes, but Porter is just plain bad and would have just turned it over instead of shooting. This should wake up the people up who said UK would run the table. This will NOT be their only SEC loss trust me. Memphis is about the only team to ever run the table in conference play, and that is just cause the Conf-USA is just HORRIBLE. But UK is a decent team, and nothing more than that. Like someone else said, guys get a grip
We were out hustled for sure, with no rebounding at all. UK definitely needs another scorer besides Meeks or Patterson and for Liggons he reminds me alot of Rodrick Rhodes you never know what's going to happen when he has the ball, but it's probably not going to be good.
Pages: 1 2