Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Good tumblers in the 15 region.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who would you all say has good tumbling in the 15th region!

after watching KAPOS and all i think there are some great tumblers just wondering what you all thought.

=)
The 15th region has some awesome tumblers. A lot of teams have really stepped up in that area.
i agree they really have i was impressed when i watched all the different teams..
Big Grin
Quite a few fulls being thrown throughout the region now..... A series was a big thing back in the day when I cheered..... handspring, handspring, whipback, handspring, tuck, handspring.... LOVE to watch the tumbling!!
So glad that this thread was done over again!
The other one was SO old.
Lol.
East ridge has some pretty good tumblers i kno that they have a sophmore that is awesome she is great then they have a freshmen who is also great but they really do need a coach is they had a coach they would be a decent squad in the 15th region.
I was very impressed at Kapos and have been very impressed with tumbling I have seen at games in the 15th region.

Most Impressive!

Johnson Central- they have the prettiest full in the region. I have actually seen this girl do a hand full hand full. They had the most tumbling variety in their routine at Kapos. When most people had a bunch of hand tucks.

Pike Central- I saw a couple of strong tumblers. One girl stood out above all
the rest.

Belfry- had some strong tumbling but there wasn't much variety it looked like everyone was doing the same thing. Some handspring tucks and few alternates.

Pikeville- had a full on each squad, but they looked like they were going to land on their heads. The rest of the squads were good tumblers, but again I didn't see much variety.

Sheldon Clark- They had a good looking full, I don't think technically it was quite as strong as Johnson Central's. They did have some other strong tumbling.

Again I was most impressed by Johnson Central because of their variety, I rewatched the competition on WPRG and they had about 4 hand layouts, 4 alternates, 2 girls did front walkover whip step-out layouts, 1 hand full, and I'm not sure but it looked like all 20 something girls did round-off tucks. They had some mistakes in their stunts, but I thought the variety of tumbling was great.
luv2cheer Wrote:I was very impressed at Kapos and have been very impressed with tumbling I have seen at games in the 15th region.

Most Impressive!

Johnson Central- they have the prettiest full in the region. I have actually seen this girl do a hand full hand full. They had the most tumbling variety in their routine at Kapos. When most people had a bunch of hand tucks.

the rest.

Belfry- had some strong tumbling but there wasn't much variety it looked like everyone was doing the same thing. Some handspring tucks and few alternates.

Pikeville- had a full on each squad, but they looked like they were going to land on their heads. The rest of the squads were good tumblers, but again I didn't see much variety.

Sheldon Clark- They had a good looking full, I don't think technically it was quite as strong as Johnson Central's. They did have some other strong tumbling.

Again I was most impressed by Johnson Central because of their variety, I rewatched the competition on WPRG and they had about 4 hand layouts, 4 alternates, 2 girls did front walkover whip step-out layouts, 1 hand full, and I'm not sure but it looked like all 20 something girls did round-off tucks. They had some mistakes in their stunts, but I thought the variety of tumbling was great.

yes i agree with everything you just said Johnson central did Awesome with tumbling and yeah pike central done pretty good too they had 2 alternates and 2 bounders
Sheldon Clark had more tumbling than they have had in years and I think it definitely showed this year. All those girls have tons of potential, so expect more next year. They have alot of tumbling coming up in years to come, too. I'm tellin' you, they are gonna be the team to beat!

I didn't really pay attention to the other squads....lol, sorry. But I know that Pikeville always has solid tumbling, as well as JC.
luv2cheer Wrote:I was very impressed at Kapos and have been very impressed with tumbling I have seen at games in the 15th region.

Most Impressive!

the rest.

i'm friends with one of the pikeville girls that throws a full, and she is still recovering from knee surgery, so the fact that she is throwing her full and landing it is a great deal after surgery! i'm proud of pikeville, and they're the team who has the greatest chance of winning at state, IMO.

Most Impressive!

the rest.

I agree with the above statement...anyone who could attempt a full this soon after a surgery, you have to give them their due..She has always been a strong tumbler...I am sure after a full recovery she will be a strong as ever.TongueirateSho
Good job girls you are doing perfect job.
Pikeville is a very good "competition" trained team, however, there are at least 2 other schools at the recent KAPOS comp. that I was more impressed with than Pikeville and that was Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central. Not to be mean, but if you are just recovering from surgery - why would your coach allow you to drag your ponytail on the ground while attemtng a full and to be honest. I saw it before the surgery and it really was not that much better. I live no where near or have no affiliation with Sheldon Clark, but they had 1 girl with a perfect full. Sometimes reputations are set years ago and I sometimes wonder if the rest of us will ever be judged fairly when competing against Belfry or Pikeville -
I agree with you cheer champ 15. The fulls from Johnson Central and from Sheldon Clark were beautiful. Every year teams should be judged based on their performance that year. Name shouldn't mean everything. There are other good squads in this area besides Pikeville and Belfry. Not to take anything away from those squads either. However, we do have some other up and coming squads in the 15th region. Stay Tuned and I think you will be surprised in the future. :Cheerlead
Shelby Valley has some pretty Stron tumblers..

Some of them at ball games are great.
I think it would be neat if we had a pre-KAPOS competition. All judges should be out of state, and no squad is allowed to wear uniforms or school colors. Just white t-shirts and black/blue shorts. That way the name would have nothing to do with it. It would just be like "Squad #4, you may now take the floor." and so on. I'd like to see how everyone places.
I agree there is always some degree of bias when teams are competing against other teams who have a tradition of going to state year after year. However, I believe the credit is deserved for building that type of reputation for your team. It takes years of hard work to build a strong program. There are several new programs being developed in the 15th region and these teams will give Pikeville and Belfry some needed competition in the future. I think that they might have even been surprised by some of the teams this year. I look forward to the 2010 KAPOS competition!
Do any cheerleaders in the region throw their full during games on the floor?
Not that I know of. But they are illegal on the floor now so hopefully no one does
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Not that I know of. But they are illegal on the floor now so hopefully no one does

Really??
I didn't know they were!
LOL.
I threw mine on the floor last night.
I want to continue doing so, too!
Congratulations!! Yeah, unfortunately they are. Fulls and full downs are now illegal on basketball courts. Sad This is from the AACCA website

Section 5. Specific Basketball/Indoor Court Restrictions

1. The following skills are prohibited at basketball and other athletic contests conducted on courts, except where the area is free of obstructions and non-cheer personnel, and all skills are performed on a matted surface.
1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
3. Released twists into or from partner stunts.
4. Inverted body positions into partner stunts and pyramids.
5. Twisting tumbling skills.
Man that stinks!
I'll have to sneak it around.
Big Grin
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Congratulations!! Yeah, unfortunately they are. Fulls and full downs are now illegal on basketball courts. Sad This is from the AACCA website

Section 5. Specific Basketball/Indoor Court Restrictions

1. The following skills are prohibited at basketball and other athletic contests conducted on courts, except where the area is free of obstructions and non-cheer personnel, and all skills are performed on a matted surface.
1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
3. Released twists into or from partner stunts.
4. Inverted body positions into partner stunts and pyramids.
5. Twisting tumbling skills.

Note: The above safety guidelines are general in nature and are not intended to cover all circumstances. All cheerleading gymnastics including tumbling, partner stunts, pyramids and jumps should be carefully reviewed and supervised by a qualified adult advisor or coach.

I'm guessing people can still throw a full on the floor? I know the basket tosses are illegal, since its on the khsaa website. But I didn't see anything on there about throwing fulls on the floor.
donathanhurley Wrote:Do any cheerleaders in the region throw their full during games on the floor?

There is a girl from Sheldon Clark that does but I dont know her name
LCcheerchick Wrote:There is a girl from Sheldon Clark that does but I dont know her name

Good.
They're completely legal on the floor I've confirmed.
I just wouldn't recommend doing it if you're not comfortable doing so.
Lol, it could turn ugly.
Doing fulls on the floor or full downs from stunts is not illegal at this time however it is a proposal that may impact the rules for next year.
There is a girl from Johnson Central who I have seen do a hand full and hand tuck on the floor and hand full hand full on the basketball court.
Awesome! The 15th is really picking it up when it comes to gymnastics!
raven jude. no doubt.
Laken Grierson JCHS..
Pages: 1 2