Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 48 Union 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game was a great game. Union jumped outd 10-0. Union had back to back turnovers deep in their own territory that lead to Pikeville Scores. Each team traded scores all night long. Union almost had opportunity to be driving for the win with 4 mins to go. Union tackled the punter in Pikevilles endzone which would of made Union 42 and driving for the win. However, they were called for offsides and Pikeville got to repunt. Union fumbled the ball on second down and Pikeville was able to run out the clock. It was a really good game. And number 2 for Pikeville is quick as lighting. His name is Joplin. He broke several big runs tonight. # 83 Jamerson from Pburg caught a 15 yd td pass as well. But was injured a couple of players later. (looked like a ankle injury) Hope is ok. Congratulations to Pikeville College Bears on a hard fought victory. These Union Bulldawgs will be good in seasons to come. They only have 6 seniors on the roster and 65 freshmans and sophomores. I was cheering on Union this game because my first cousin plays.Joe Osborne. But I do enjoy seeing the Bears win.
QQ...were you there? Wish I knew that....
I got to see QQ again and chat for a while before the game and I got to meet BGGirl and the guys.
Good to see you guys!
I actually watched the game on the internet...you can watch all of the PC games on the net I believe and didnt know that till today. Both teams looked pretty good. Pikeville's defense must get a lot better if they are going to beat University of Cumberlands and Georgetown. The hit that Marsh put on the Union RB that caused the fumble late in the 4th quarter was one of the hardest hits I have seen on any level of college football this year. Da Bears stay undefeated and from watching the game on the net it seemed there was a good crowd there tonight. PC is building a program that I think all of EKY will adopt as the college football program of EKY...I cant believe they have built this program up so fast. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and I hope both teams represent the mountains with class and good football. Just keep winning Bears!!
"Beef" Wrote:QQ...were you there? Wish I knew that....

I was .. But i sit in the Union section. However, I spent alot of the night running after my little one. He was restless. Gage had a blast. He is horse. He was chanting go Union, go defense. .the whole night.

Once again. Fox Sports, I enjoyed talking with you. Thanks so much for those tickets as well. It was great you got to meet my family. They are the pride of my life. We are a 100 percent football family.

Beef ya, I wished I knew you were home. I would of found you..
"PHSFAN" Wrote:I actually watched the game on the internet...you can watch all of the PC games on the net I believe and didnt know that till today. Both teams looked pretty good. Pikeville's defense must get a lot better if they are going to beat University of Cumberlands and Georgetown. The hit that Marsh put on the Union RB that caused the fumble late in the 4th quarter was one of the hardest hits I have seen on any level of college football this year. Da Bears stay undefeated and from watching the game on the net it seemed there was a good crowd there tonight. PC is building a program that I think all of EKY will adopt as the college football program of EKY...I cant believe they have built this program up so fast. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and I hope both teams represent the mountains with class and good football. Just keep winning Bears!!

Hey, PHS.. The game was on live up here too. I think thats great that they are giving Pikeville the coverage they deserve, via Radio, Internet and television. I wish you could of been there. PC had built a top notch program. I dont think they played thier best ball tonight. But hats off to them for beating a scrappy bunch of Bulldogs hungry for a win. It was an exciting game. Even though Union was leading at times in this game. I never really felt Pikeville was in any danger of losing this game. It was obvious that Pikeville had the best talent on the field. THey just didnt execute very well tonight, especially on the defensive side of their ball. However, Pikevilles special teams look pretty sharpe. #11 returned a kickoff for 99 yds. Their special teams kept pikeville in good field position all night long..
Congrats Pikeville!
congrats bears
Calvin Joplin is a great running back.....not nearly up to the standards of Leonard Moore but he is good. Antwan Marsh's hit was awesome I agree I have never saw a hit that hard this year. PC desperately needs to work on their defense to be able to even keep up with University of the Cumberlands and Georgetown but I think if we stay focused we can do it. As far as the games go ALL home games will be online at http://athletics.pc.edu/live but the away games will be a live radio broadcast.....We at PC are currently working on getting it setup for the basketball season also. Come out to the game saturday against Cumberlands we need the support!!!!
Good win for us. We have to stop the stupid penalties and the mistakes that we are having.
"stud_ky_02" Wrote:Calvin Joplin is a great running back.....not nearly up to the standards of Leonard Moore but he is good. Antwan Marsh's hit was awesome I agree I have never saw a hit that hard this year. PC desperately needs to work on their defense to be able to even keep up with University of the Cumberlands and Georgetown but I think if we stay focused we can do it. As far as the games go ALL home games will be online at http://athletics.pc.edu/live but the away games will be a live radio broadcast.....We at PC are currently working on getting it setup for the basketball season also. Come out to the game saturday against Cumberlands we need the support!!!!

Man, I felt that hit in the stands. It was just a solid pop. :wieghts: Pikeville made a big play when they needed it most.
Anyone have the status on Nick Jamerson. How severe was his ankle injury? How long will he be out?
Did Joe Osborne play good this game?
Jamerson has a high ankle sprain from what I've been told. As for the game, Pikeville played when needed but about threw it away when the punt was blocked in the endzone and recovered for a t.d. Good thing about that was the yellow hankey hit the field...lol. As for the hit by Antwan Marsh....well he hit me like that during spring ball when he was line up as WR and I was playing OLB chasing a toss sweep and he cracked me. The corner never called it so I didn't see it coming. I got up and everything that was white looked to be the color green, I think he almost knocked me out cold. Donald Tardy is #11 for the Bears. Still need a QB, yeah he threw 3td's but my dad could've thrown them because his WR's made those plays. Another thing I picked up on him was that every pass is telegraphed because he takes the snap from under center he looks right where he throws and NEVER scans the field. A good team will pick up on that, and well, that's what the got coming to them these next two weeks. Congrats Bears, good luck these next few weeks.
Pikeville needs help. Their is no way they are the 7th best team in the country. They got very lucky against a mediocre team. Their offense is terrible and the defense has a long way to go. Thank God for the great returns on kickoffs and punts. If the same team shows up against Cumberlands, Pikeville will find out just how BAD they are.

They are a lot better than they have shown. Come on Bears, show up Saturday and show everyone just how good you are.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Pikeville needs help. Their is no way they are the 7th best team in the country. They got very lucky against a mediocre team. Their offense is terrible and the defense has a long way to go. Thank God for the great returns on kickoffs and punts. If the same team shows up against Cumberlands, Pikeville will find out just how BAD they are.

They are a lot better than they have shown. Come on Bears, show up Saturday and show everyone just how good you are.

Pikeville's offense is horrible? They are 5th in NAIA in scorring. I would love to know how you get that their O is horrible.

And QQ, Jamerson is doubtful for the game.