Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Donald Russell to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mentioned htis in the Deuce Finch thread. After Deuce chose BC, shortly thereafter (or maybe a few days before Wink ) UK received a verbal from 3* RB Donald Russell out of Florida. He chose UK over Southern Mississippi. Watching highlights and listening to him interview he reminds me of a LaDanian Tomlinson type of player (not saing he will be that good)

I felt confident calling Lindley's return and Russell's committment..this one I am not as certain about but I will call it anyway:

I expect UK to land 4* JUCO DE DeQuin Evans. He is down to UK and Kansas and UK already has a committment from his teammate 4 * WR Chris Matthews.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I mentioned htis in the Deuce Finch thread. After Deuce chose BC, shortly thereafter (or maybe a few days before Wink ) UK received a verbal from 3* RB Donald Russell out of Florida. He chose UK over Southern Mississippi. Watching highlights and listening to him interview he reminds me of a LaDanian Tomlinson type of player (not saing he will be that good)

I felt confident calling Lindley's return and Russell's committment..this one I am not as certain about but I will call it anyway:

I expect UK to land 4* JUCO DE DeQuin Evans. He is down to UK and Kansas and UK already has a committment from his teammate 4 * WR Chris Matthews.

I hope your right! Im already excited for the Cats to kick off the football season in 09!
MVP2 Wrote:I hope your right! Im already excited for the Cats to kick off the football season in 09!

There are some rumors going around the UK boards from some members with a good history that the Cats have some highly touted double top secret prospects they are in talks with. Don't have definite names yet, but it's a good sign nonetheless.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There are some rumors going around the UK boards from some members with a good history that the Cats have some highly touted double top secret prospects they are in talks with. Don't have definite names yet, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

That's funny, double top secrets? To who, the fans? Every school knows who is recruiting who, it's part of the NCAA process that a player can't be recruited (made an offer) without making the formal process of publicly accessing the NCAA clearing house data.
Stardust Wrote:That's funny, double top secrets? To who, the fans? Every school knows who is recruiting who, it's part of the NCAA process that a player can't be recruited (made an offer) without making the formal process of publicly accessing the NCAA clearing house data.

HAHA don't shoot the messenger.

Don't you think though that if a school has a standing offer with a kid with another 12-15 offers also on the table, and they could arrange an at-home visit without the other schools knowing that it would be a major advantage?

In the case of the kids being talked about, they have had UK offers for a long time but are being recruited by much bigger schools. Those schools are the ones the media buzz about and label as "favorites". I think it would bode very well for UK to be bale to recruit these kids under the radar., don't you?

Pretty good strategey while temas A.B,C,D,E,F all rip each other apart..team G does their thing all the while being one of the schools who were there in the beginning.

Never underestimate the role of fans and media in the recruitment process.
The going to 3 Bowl Games in a row has to help Coach Brooks in his recruiting process. This should be a better year in that regards. I am looking
forward to an even better year for UK football. Last year we gave Alabama and Georgia all they could handle before losing close games. GO BIG BLUE.
Go Rich Brooks! You are my hero
Hopefully he will help us out next year, but if we can get better prospects, I say more power to Brooks.
It's really amazing to see the kind of job Rich Brooks and his staff are doing in Lexington in rebuilding that program. We all knew this season would be down from the last two, but they found a way to win yet another bowl game. Next season SHOULD, on paper, be a solid season. The offense only lost 2 starters, and the defense returns the key players needed to help bring some inexperienced players along. Russell should be a solid player in the backfield for the next few years. Great job UK in landing this guy and keep up the good work in getting us to the level of SEC contention!!!