Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 73 - Auburn 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ugly game, but I'll take the W. Wildcats are the only remaining unbeaten team in SEC play.

Anyone know why Ramon Harris played basically the entire game?
No Idea, I Thought Darius Miller Should Have Got A little More Playing Time, And Taking Liggins Out After 30 seconds After Porter Had 2 Straight Turnovers
no idea, Was thinking the Same thing lol.. But Congrats to UK
I agree, I thought Liggins deserved more PT, but Porter played solid with 6 assists and 4 TO's, which I thought a few of them were mishandled passes that should have been caught.
Happy with the play of Patterson. Pretty good performance by Meeks as well. I was kind of disappointed in the rest of the team's play. Pretty sluggish game overall by UK.
blackcat Wrote:I agree, I thought Liggins deserved more PT, but Porter played solid with 6 assists and 4 TO's, which I thought a few of them were mishandled passes that should have been caught.

Porter is terrible.......Liggins should of played the whole game
Gotta win ugly some nights...tonight was one of those. Patterson was a stud and Jodie was Jodie...

If we can play defense the full game like we did between the 6:00 and 1:30 mark ofthe 2nd Half then Kentucky can play with anyone on any night.
Even though Patterson's stats may not show it, you could tell that he was struggling with that finger, because he missed a lot of shots that he would normally make.

Meeks played another good game, as did Stevenson. Harris & Porter really struggled at some points in this game. I agree with the above poster who said that Miller should have received more PT, because Harris sure wasn't cutting it tonight.

Credit has to be give to Auburn too. They played hard and showed no sign of ever giving up. They also shot lights out at some points in the game.

GO CATS!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Even though Patterson's stats may not show it, you could tell that he was struggling with that finger, because he missed a lot of shots that he would normally make.

Meeks played another good game, as did Stevenson. Harris & Porter really struggled at some points in this game. I agree with the above poster who said that Miller should have received more PT, because Harris sure wasn't cutting it tonight.

Credit has to be give to Auburn too. They played hard and showed no sign of ever giving up. They also shot lights out at some points in the game.

GO CATS!

Yea they were making shot in our defenders eyes. Cats were playing good D but they were still making them somehow.
Liggins went back out because of poor shot selection, getting absolutely lost on defense.
Gotta LOVE PPats game 2nite........ Agree about Darius not getting enough minutes, also would like to see my boys J.Harrelson, and Landon getting some more PT. But hard to argue against Billy Clyde, since we're the only undefeated team in the SEC!
Billy G. did a great job of explaining pretty much everything that went on tonight in the game, except for why Miller did not play more. It was on 98.1 the bull. Sluggish game, but he if we can beat them by 9 on a bad night, imagine what we could do on a good night.
Congrats UK on the big W!!!

Keep It Up!
FBALL Wrote:Liggins went back out because of poor shot selection, getting absolutely lost on defense.

Exactly.

TheONLY1 Wrote:Porter is terrible.......Liggins should of played the whole game

If Liggins were to play 30 minutes or more, I guarantee you he would have had 8 or more TO's, which would have probably caused us to lose this game.
Really sloppy game, but I'll take it, especially on a night with 22 turnovers. Thought we had that problem licked.

Besides the obvious good games from Meeks and Patterson, I was also impressed with Stevenson tonight. Of course, as inconsistent as he has been this year, he'll probably go scoreless the next game...
Keep rollin UK. Great efforts from Meeks and Patterson. Patterson really stepped is game up tonight.
blackcat Wrote:Exactly.

If Liggins were to play 30 minutes or more, I guarantee you he would have had 8 or more TO's, which would have probably caused us to lose this game.

This was going to be my point. Everyone wants to overlook how poor his decisions are on the floor. He consistently makes poor passes and he is totally lossed on Defense. He is no longer a Freshman. If he was better than Porter, he would play. The reason he is not playing more than Porter is because he lessons the chances of UK to win. Everyone can continue to bash Porter, that's fine, but right now, he is the best that UK has at PG. Arugue all you want, it's not going to change. Liggins has not proved worthy of getting more minutes.
It's amazing how people have gotten use to a low level point guard playing for UK. Porter is horrible I say for the 20th time. How about that layup he missed... a 3rd grader makes that shot. If UK had a good point guard that could score 10 to 12 points a game and make layups, make some threes, and play some defense they would be in contention for a national championship. Set Porter on the bench. He's useless!
blackcat Wrote:Exactly.

Exactly....he plays absolutely no defense. You can't expect to get a lot of PT if you aren't willing to hustle on defense.
Stardust Wrote:This was going to be my point. Everyone wants to overlook how poor his decisions are on the floor. He consistently makes poor passes and he is totally lossed on Defense. He is no longer a Freshman. If he was better than Porter, he would play. The reason he is not playing more than Porter is because he lessons the chances of UK to win. Everyone can continue to bash Porter, that's fine, but right now, he is the best that UK has at PG. Arugue all you want, it's not going to change. Liggins has not proved worthy of getting more minutes.

Very good points. I've never really looked at it like this.
Way to go Cats!!!
Grats Wildcats!
Congrats UK on the win. I would have liked to see them play better but I will take the win.
Stardust Wrote:This was going to be my point. Everyone wants to overlook how poor his decisions are on the floor. He consistently makes poor passes and he is totally lossed on Defense. He is no longer a Freshman. If he was better than Porter, he would play. The reason he is not playing more than Porter is because he lessons the chances of UK to win. Everyone can continue to bash Porter, that's fine, but right now, he is the best that UK has at PG. Arugue all you want, it's not going to change. Liggins has not proved worthy of getting more minutes.

You all get on to liggins for playing bad D but whydo you think we lost the louisville game. We lost because porter couldn't guard Sosa. Liggins played 12 minutes last night an didn't turn it over any. Porter had 4 turnovers no pts an he missed a layup lol wide open 1. We should play Liggins more so we can have him ready for the future cuz with porter we don't have no future.
FBALL Wrote:Liggins went back out because of poor shot selection, getting absolutely lost on defense.

Lost on defense yes, bu tmake smore turnovers on offense than just about any D1 player I've eer seen! It's to bad to, cause he's one heck of an athlete - just makes some real dumb decisions!
TheONLY1 Wrote:You all get on to liggins for playing bad D but whydo you think we lost the louisville game. We lost because porter couldn't guard Sosa. Liggins played 12 minutes last night an didn't turn it over any. Porter had 4 turnovers no pts an he missed a layup lol wide open 1. We should play Liggins more so we can have him ready for the future cuz with porter we don't have no future.

We lost to Louisville because they're one of the best teams in the country, they are undefeated in arguably the best conference in college basketball. Like stated before, Liggins was completely lost on defense and really doesn't attempt to run a set offense, but instead run down the floor like a chicken with his head cut off and make careless passes. Porter does have a future, he'll be our starting PG next year.
blackcat Wrote:We lost to Louisville because they're one of the best teams in the country, they are undefeated in arguably the best conference in college basketball. Like stated before, Liggins was completely lost on defense and really doesn't attempt to run a set offense, but instead run down the floor like a chicken with his head cut off and make careless passes. Porter does have a future, he'll be our starting PG next year.

Porter will not start point guard next year.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Porter will not start point guard next year.
Most likely he will. You forgot to mention the 6 assists that Porter had in your earlier post.

Porter gets the team in the right sets. Fans get on him to shoot but he passes up shots to work it in to Patterson or get it to Meeks. You can't really blame him for that can you?

They lay he missed was a great cross over move to shake two defenders. Its not as though it was uncontested. He does need to finish those kind of plays though.
FBALL Wrote:Most likely he will. You forgot to mention the 6 assists that Porter had in your earlier post.

Porter gets the team in the right sets. Fans get on him to shoot but he passes up shots to work it in to Patterson or get it to Meeks. You can't really blame him for that can you?

They lay he missed was a great cross over move to shake two defenders. Its not as though it was uncontested. He does need to finish those kind of plays though.

No he wont start point guard next year. As for my last post I didn't include any stats at all.
I think everyone needs to get off of him he's in and we are winning. He has been there longer and is more experienced at the point he may not score alot of points but he helps the team tremendously.
Pages: 1 2