Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A little love for Porter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that he's not the prototypical point guard that everyone wants but he's been doing a decent job of managing the offense. There were so many bashers earler on I would think that some of you would man up and give him his due.:igiveup:
I agree.
Porters been doing good here lately.
Porter has perservered and put up with the kind of crap that you see from fans on catspause. I will admit that I was a little frustrated at times at the begining of the year but he has grown into a good pg and has work his butt off since day one. I hope that he gets one of the biggest cheers on his senior day. To reject a USC football scholly offer, to put up with this fanbase when he fell into the starting pg spot, and to work hard and hustle every game should be rewarded. I know that I will clapping my hands off in the student section next year when they call his name.
I'm 100% against Porter but he has played decent the last few games.
Glad to see people starting to appreciate Porter's play.
Porter has been doing a good job but I look for liggins to start getting more an more playing time as the season progresses. Next year Liggin will be the starter an average a good 30 min. a game. The sky's the limit for Liggins.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Porter has been doing a good job but I look for liggins to start getting more an more playing time as the season progresses. Next year Liggin will be the starter an average a good 30 min. a game. The sky's the limit for Liggins.

I agree, the defense cont to leave Porter wide open and he continues to refuse to take the shot. The announcers during the UGA game commented several times about this. You have to have a guard that is going to take the open shot if the defense is not going to guard you!
sstack Wrote:I agree, the defense cont to leave Porter wide open and he continues to refuse to take the shot. The announcers during the UGA game commented several times about this. You have to have a guard that is going to take the open shot if the defense is not going to guard you!

Yea I remember them saying he passed on 3 open shots in 1 possession.
If Porter was from the state of Kentucky he would be one of the most beloved players in the history of the program

He played extremely well today at Georgia. Yes he passed up some open shots trying to get the ball to Meeks and Patterson while nursing a big lead. Go figure.

I don't think there is anything the guy could do to make some people happy.

I have bad news for some. If Porter continues to play like he has been he will be the point gaurd until he graduates.

I myself would give the guy a standing ovation. He may be the most underappreciated player in the history of Kentucky basketball.

Bottom line is the kid is a winner.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Glad to see people starting to appreciate Porter's play.

Me too, Im been one of very few that has apperciated Porters play all year long!
FBALL Wrote:If Porter was from the state of Kentucky he would be one of the most beloved players in the history of the program

He played extremely well today at Georgia. Yes he passed up some open shots trying to get the ball to Meeks and Patterson while nursing a big lead. Go figure.

I don't think there is anything the guy could do to make some people happy.

I have bad news for some. If Porter continues to play like he has been he will be the point gaurd until he graduates.

I myself would give the guy a standing ovation. He may be the most underappreciated player in the history of Kentucky basketball.

Bottom line is the kid is a winner.

If meeks goes pro porter might get to start at 2 guard but Liggins will be the man next year running the team.
Im fine with Porter starting and playing, Hes a hustler, I like how BCG is still getting good minutes from Galloway and Liggins. Im sure all three of them are happy with minutes, Could be why the team is jelling and getting smoother and trusting each other.
Is Porter the best PG to ever play at UK? of coarse not.. But Porter is a solid player, and he deserves his starting spot on UK's roster. I mean he does what he has to do, and the guy hustles his butt off every game, he has cracked his head and everything for us lol. Keep playin hard Porter!
TheONLY1 Wrote:If meeks goes pro porter might get to start at 2 guard but Liggins will be the man next year running the team.
I think that might be the other way around. Liggins has alot of potential but Porter knows how to run the team and has the work ethic and attitude to follow instruction. Too this point Liggins has not shown any reason why he should be starting.
FBALL Wrote:I think that might be the other way around. Liggins has alot of potential but Porter knows how to run the team and has the work ethic and attitude to follow instruction. Too this point Liggins has not shown any reason why he should be starting.

Well I just like how the taller point guards can come in like liggins an galloway an actually get patterson the ball. When porter gets the ball pat rarely ever gets it because he can't see over his defender to get it to him. Yea liggins makes some stupid mental mistakes but hes a freshman. If you haven't noticed the good vision he has thenj you must not even watch the game. He always has his head up looking down the court to find the open man.
TheONLY1 Wrote:If meeks goes pro porter might get to start at 2 guard but Liggins will be the man next year running the team.
This is his normal position anyway. He was forced into the #1 spot when UK didn't have anyone else that had proven they could handle it.
I agree that he has been playing very good as of late, but I'm still skeptical of him come tournament time.
Beef Wrote:This is his normal position anyway. He was forced into the #1 spot when UK didn't have anyone else that had proven they could handle it.

Yea true hes just playing it now until liggins is ready to go.
Beef Wrote:This is his normal position anyway. He was forced into the #1 spot when UK didn't have anyone else that had proven they could handle it.

as of porter starting the 2 guard is very unlikely, the kid hits an occasional 3 but has no where near the talent liggins has, yes porter has been playing good as of late, but liggins will become a star player that uk will love, he has great ball skills and is always looking to pass, once he quits turning the ball over its bench time for porter
TheONLY1 Wrote:Porter has been doing a good job but I look for liggins to start getting more an more playing time as the season progresses. Next year Liggin will be the starter an average a good 30 min. a game. The sky's the limit for Liggins.

Let's see if Liggins even makes it to the end of the season. He's making it a habit of getting in Billy G's doghouse. Lets see if he matures enough to stay out of trouble let alone have the offense handed to him.
mightydog Wrote:Let's see if Liggins even makes it to the end of the season. He's making it a habit of getting in Billy G's doghouse. Lets see if he matures enough to stay out of trouble let alone have the offense handed to him.

What makes you think hes been in Billy G's dog house. Hes a freshmen and he averages about 20 minutes a game. Not many freshmen do that at UK.
Porter is horrible!!! People keep saying he's doing a pretty good job. At what??He plays h.ard and distributes the ball, but lots of guys can do that. He's not UK material and should have never been recruited. End of story.
Come on people, Give Porter his due. I agree Porter may not be the typical point gaurd we are used to seeing, but think real hard about all the past point gaurds who couldn't shoot. Hmmm... Rondo, Cliff Hawkins, Wayne Turner, Saul Smith, Anthony Epps, Sean Woods. See the pattern. Not all Tubby recruits. Listen Porter does what Liggins and Galloway can't. RUN THE TEAM. When Porter is out the team looks as if it looses it's train of thought. Everyone talks about Liggins, what about Galloway. I see Galloway taking over before Liggins does. If you hadn't noticed Porter has been taking more shots. His confidence will come and he will continue to get better.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Well I just like how the taller point guards can come in like liggins an galloway an actually get patterson the ball. When porter gets the ball pat rarely ever gets it because he can't see over his defender to get it to him. Yea liggins makes some stupid mental mistakes but hes a freshman. If you haven't noticed the good vision he has thenj you must not even watch the game. He always has his head up looking down the court to find the open man.
Yes I've been watching.

Looking down the court is a good thing. IF, you haven't already given the ball back to the other team.

Liggins has more "Sports Center" type plays in him thats for sure. But the bottom line is Porter runs the team and cuts down on mistakes. An attribute that a team that doesn't have alot of scoring options sorely needs.
FBALL Wrote:Yes I've been watching.

Looking down the court is a good thing. IF, you haven't already given the ball back to the other team.

Liggins has more "Sports Center" type plays in him thats for sure. But the bottom line is Porter runs the team and cuts down on mistakes. An attribute that a team that doesn't have alot of scoring options sorely needs.

Yea porter knows the offense how to run the offense alot better right now but during the off-season liggins will get all kinds of practice in running the offense an next year he will be the man. Watch an see.
under_armour Wrote:Come on people, Give Porter his due. I agree Porter may not be the typical point gaurd we are used to seeing, but think real hard about all the past point gaurds who couldn't shoot. Hmmm... Rondo, Cliff Hawkins, Wayne Turner, Saul Smith, Anthony Epps, Sean Woods. See the pattern. Not all Tubby recruits. Listen Porter does what Liggins and Galloway can't. RUN THE TEAM. When Porter is out the team looks as if it looses it's train of thought. Everyone talks about Liggins, what about Galloway. I see Galloway taking over before Liggins does. If you hadn't noticed Porter has been taking more shots. His confidence will come and he will continue to get better.

All the players you mentioned above were in a different league than Porter except Saul Smith and I would give Porter the edge over him. I didn't think there could be anyone that ever started point guard for KY worse than Porter, but I would say Saul Smith would be the worst that ever started with Porter a close second.
I appreciate everything that Porter does for this Uk team! He plays his heart out every second he is out there!

Good Job Porter!!!
He just isnt that good sorry Porter lovers. I would rather see Saul out there than him.
Porter has consistently played with more control. With Meeks production rising, it has taken the pressure off of UK's need for a 3rd scorer.
The only thing that seperates alot of point gaurds from Porter isn't shooting 3's, more than it is the ability to drive to the basket. Liggins athleticly is better, but sometimes being athletic isn't enough. My personal opinion if anyone on the team is going to one day over take his spot it will be Galloway. Liggins tries to do to much fancy stuff and it gets him in trouble. Plus Liggins isn't much faster than Porter, he is relatively slow as well just taller.
Pages: 1 2