Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 68 - Georgia 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
good win for the cats!!!
good win, go uk
Kentucky didn't play so well IMO. This game could have been much, much worse for UGA, as Kentucky played careless at times and missed some open shots and didn't shoot so well from the free throw line.

Meeks finished with 22 (15 coming in the 1st half)
Good shot blocking Patterson and Stephenson!
Is the SEC this weak or is UK this good?

I agree with BCA. I think UK slacked off in the 2nd half. Nevertheless, another win for the Cats and they're doing what they need to in order to reach the Big Dance, and that's have success in the SEC.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Is the SEC this weak or is UK this good?

I agree with BCA. I think UK slacked off in the 2nd half. Nevertheless, another win for the Cats and they're doing what they need to in order to reach the Big Dance, and that's have success in the SEC.

Th SEC is down a bit IMO.. but the teams in the SEC are NEVER push overs, so to get a win by that margin just shows how good UK is.
Good win for the Cats!!!
I liked Stevenson's play underneath
3-0 in the sec.....I love it I want to go 16-0. This was 1 of our best performance on D this year. We had 11 blocks 9 steals and held them to 31% from the field. We were still held to 12 under our season ave. on offense though an committed 18 turnovers. We need to do better of preventing turnovers.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Is the SEC this weak or is UK this good?

I believe this is a down year for the SEC. Lot's of graduation and too many players leaving eary has depeleted the talent level at this point.

But,

I do think UK is much better than the team that we saw at the beginning of the year. This team tunred a corner during the 2nd half of the Louisviile game. Whatever Billie G said, or the players said to themselves, the Cats have been dramatically different biginning in the 2nd half of that game.
Stardust Wrote:I believe this is a down year for the SEC. Lot's of graduation and too many players leaving eary has depeleted the talent level at this point.

But,

I do think UK is much better than the team that we saw at the beginning of the year. This team tunred a corner during the 2nd half of the Louisviile game. Whatever Billie G said, or the players said to themselves, the Cats have been dramatically different biginning in the 2nd half of that game.

Yea they are looking alot better from what they did at the beggining of the year but there is still room for alot of improvement. When we cut down on our turnovers and start getting more from our role players we will be a real tough team to beat. Were already hard to beat but it will be harder Wink
I was at the game. The crwod was very sparse and I would say 60% of the fans there were wearing blue.

I thought Michael Porter and Stevenson played excellent today.

The SEC is definately down..but UK now has three convincing wins in SEC East play with two of those coming on the road. UK is slowly but surely positioning themselves for a special run in March.
Like I said in another thread...the SEC is so bad, UK will go undefeated in it.
Aslan Wrote:Like I said in another thread...the SEC is so bad, UK will go undefeated in it.

There not that bad but I hope kentucky does go undefeated.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Th SEC is down a bit IMO.. but the teams in the SEC are NEVER push overs, so to get a win by that margin just shows how good UK is.

Down just a bit? You sure are being generous. The SEC does not have a single team ranked in the USA Today Top 25 and only has three teams even receiving votes. That being Arkansas, Tennessee and Florida. I can never remember the SEC being this weak.

I can remember not long ago that the SEC could have as many as 3-4 teams ranked in the top 10 and as many as a total of 6 or 7 teams ranked in the top 25. Plus you would have a couple of teams receive a few votes.

UK has a decent record due to the fact that they played probably the weakest preconference schedule in the history of the program. Evidently poll voters have recognized that fact.
TheONLY1 Wrote:There not that bad but I hope kentucky does go undefeated.

The SEC is horrible...and that's being nice.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Down just a bit? You sure are being generous. The SEC does not have a single team ranked in the USA Today Top 25 and only three that even received votes are Arkansas, Tennessee and Florida. I can never remember the SEC being this weak.

I can remember not long ago that the SEC could have as many as 3-4 teams ranked in the top 10 and as many as a total of 6 or 7 teams ranked in the top 25. Plus you would have a couple of teams receive a few votes.

UK has a decent record due to the fact that they played probably the weakest preconference schedule in the history of the program. Evidently poll voters have recognized that fact.

I agree.
Good win for the Cats. I think Porter looks like a different player than he was a month ago. If he continues to take care of the ball and play good defense the Cats will be very good in March.
Aslan Wrote:The SEC is horrible...and that's being nice.

Yea this is nowhere near the SEC's best year. Alot of the teams are young though and there only going to get better. Arkansas beat texas and oklahoma to really good teams an tennessee beat Georgetown by 10 and they beat marquette I think correct me if I'm wrong. Florida isn't looking all that bad at all an I think miss st an LSU will get alot better too. Kentucky is Kentucky you can never count them out.
Good win Uk.
good win for the cats howd anybody got any stats
Good win for the Cats. Hope to see them in the top 25 in the morning.Big Grin
TheONLY1 Wrote:3-0 in the sec.....I love it I want to go 16-0. This was 1 of our best performance on D this year. We had 11 blocks 9 steals and held them to 31% from the field. We were still held to 12 under our season ave. on offense though an committed 18 turnovers. We need to do better of preventing turnovers.

Is this a breakdown of the game by you Billy Clyde?
mightydog Wrote:Is this a breakdown of the game by you Billy Clyde?

Yea, you didnt know he had an account on here?Big Grin
Second half was not nearly as good as the first but at that point the game was already in hand. They came out with a good mentality and put the dawgs away quick. I like the way this team is starting to gel. Now we don't really need that "3rd" scorer if porter, harris, miller, and stevenson do their part to get around 7-10 a game. Today it was Stevenson that picked up the scoring load of the 3rd man. Overall, good game by the cats and I believe that if they can continue to get better and Meeks stays on fire we may have our 44th SEC crown!
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Yea, you didnt know he had an account on here?Big Grin

I was wondering where he was getting his coaching tips and player breakdowns.
Way to go Cats!!
Look at it this way with the SEC being down at least UK record will look more attractive come tournamet time.
This was a good game, 2nd half wasnt that good though. Lookin for UK to get in the top 25.
Kentucky should be in the top 25 tomorrow with this win!
Pages: 1 2