Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: meeks shirt removed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for a Meeks shirt, & I found this website http://www.shirtindustries.com
and on the home page it shows a picture of a shirt but said it had to be removed..?
I don't get it.
If it says Meeks's name on it then it had to be removed. NCAA violation.
Looks to me like you can actually still click on that shirt and then add it to your cart, the Meeks picture of it just isn't on the second page where you can add it to cart. If you really want it, I'd try to add it anyway. Maybe they are still selling them it's just a hush-hush kind of thing. The worst they could do is email you and say that they aren't selling them anymore. You know they still have them printed up....
thetribe Wrote:Looks to me like you can actually still click on that shirt and then add it to your cart, the Meeks picture of it just isn't on the second page where you can add it to cart. If you really want it, I'd try to add it anyway. Maybe they are still selling them it's just a hush-hush kind of thing. The worst they could do is email you and say that they aren't selling them anymore. You know they still have them printed up....
No worse thing could happen is the NCAA could put sanctions on UK for the shirts having Meeks's name on them. You can't do that.
Amun-Ra Wrote:If it says Meeks's name on it then it had to be removed. NCAA violation.

ohhhhhh well that makes sense haha, I didn't know that.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No worse thing could happen is the NCAA could put sanctions on UK for the shirts having Meeks's name on them. You can't do that.

That's the worst overall that could happen I guess but the NCAA can't punish UK for an independant company for doing it and buying one from that company wouldn't hurt this guy... I'm just saying if he was going to order one, they could just say that they don't have them anymore...
im scared
thetribe Wrote:That's the worst overall that could happen I guess but the NCAA can't punish UK for an independant company for doing it and buying one from that company wouldn't hurt this guy... I'm just saying if he was going to order one, they could just say that they don't have them anymore...
I am thinking that they can punish a school for something like that. I for one def don't want to find out though.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No worse thing could happen is the NCAA could put sanctions on UK for the shirts having Meeks's name on them. You can't do that.

The only way that the NCAA can fine UK is if the company that is selling the shirts paid a luxery to Meeks for using his name on the shirt. Its the same thing as the EA games like NCAA 09 the players are on the game but there are no names! You cannot pay a student athlete any sum of money this is why they cannot even hold a job.:Thumbs:
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:The only way that the NCAA can fine UK is if the company that is selling the shirts paid a luxery to Meeks for using his name on the shirt. Its the same thing as the EA games like NCAA 09 the players are on the game but there are no names! You cannot pay a student athlete any sum of money this is why they cannot even hold a job.:Thumbs:
I dont even think you have college player's names on shirts, jerseys or whatever while they are still in college. Try making a custom jersey with Meeks's name on it. You can't do it.
Just to let you know they have removed the shirts completely! I just sent an email an got a quick reply. What they have done is created two new shirts without Meeks name in it! So if you your looking for the shirt that is as close as it gets!