Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spurrier Banned from recruiting at Georgia HS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any Spurrier haters?

Steve Spurrier “no longer welcome” to recruit Tucker prospects

Steve Spurrier and the South Carolina Gamecocks are “no longer welcome” at Tucker High, one of the state’s top producers of college football prospects.

Tucker coach Franklin Stephens told the AJC of his proclamation after speaking with Spurrier on Sunday night. It had to do with Tucker linebacker Jonathan Davis, who had committed to South Carolina but was told on Friday that the Gamecocks had withdrawn the scholarship offer.

“The bottom line … what South Carolina did to Jonathan was wrong,” Stephens told the AJC. “Coach Spurrier accepted blame for the situation … [but he] is not going to do anything to fix the situation, therefore South Carolina will not be recruiting any more Tucker players.”

On Friday, Stephens had a “heated” conversation with Gamecocks assistant Shane Beamer, who ultimately said “South Carolina had to do what was in South Carolina’s best interests when it came to recruiting,” according Stephens. How did the Tucker coach respond? “I am … not even going to say. It was a heck of a phone call. I’ll just leave it at that.” Stephens held off on commenting until he heard Spurrier’s side of the story on Sunday night.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared...rrier.html
This just shows how cut-throat D1 college sports can be.
Hey its only one school out of the whole United States i think Spurrier and company will deal with it and move on.
not to mention as well a OLB we can go after now
You have to admire the admiration of the high school coach though.
I wonder if this school was a big feeder program to the University of South Carolina?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I wonder if this school was a big feeder program to the University of South Carolina?

It's a good point. Coaches do tend to take kids from schools that they are familiar with.
I admire what the High School Coach did and I would have done the exact same thing.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This just shows how cut-throat D1 college sports can be.

Unfortunately you are just a piece of meat at all levels. It's not just D1.
hate to see a kid get done that way but that is their loss someone needs to let coach brooks know about this maybe we can fnid a home for him where the bluegrass grows