Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best UK Shooter ever!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This survey is being done with another outlet, but I thought we could do it just for BGR members. Who do you think is the best pure shooter in UK History and Why?
I cant believe Travis Ford wasnt on this list. The guy was almost automatic behind the arc and was automatic from the foul line. I would rank Tony Delk next he could shoot the lights out.
Kyle Macy has my vote. Jodie Meeks is definitely up there though.

Cameron Mills, was also a great shooter.
Tony Delk is the best I have watched.
I chose Delk from the list, but my all time favorite was Rex Chapman.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I cant believe Travis Ford wasnt on this list. The guy was almost automatic behind the arc and was automatic from the foul line. I would rank Tony Delk next he could shoot the lights out.

I am with you! Travis Ford was one of the only "pure" shooters UK has ever had. Sure they have had some scorers that could shoot the 3, but Ford was as pure as the driven snow, haha!!
considering we all have witnessed the greatness of jodie meeks on the shooting side of the court, it has to be jodie meeks
Wildcatk23 Wrote:considering we all have witnessed the greatness of jodie meeks on the shooting side of the court, it has to be jodie meeks

Yea I agree it has to be jodie.
Jodie Meeks is defiantly one of the best in UK history, but Tony Delk is the best IMO.
There have been several, but Tony Delk has to be at the top.
Louie Dampier....I guess everyone is too young to remember him.

Prior to this season what has Meeks done to deserve such idolatry?

Issel could stroke it from the corner too.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Louie Dampier....I guess everyone is too young to remember him.

Prior to this season what has Meeks done to deserve such idolatry?

Issel could stroke it from the corner too.

Meeks is the best shooter. I mean come on he tied delk's recor and broke it. He's shooting like what 47% from three or something. You should know his freshmen year he did good. He average over 8 a game which is pretty good for a freshmen and last year he would've been doing great if he didn't get hurt. He started the season very strong last year.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Meeks is the best shooter. I mean come on he tied delk's recor and broke it. He's shooting like what 47% from three or something. You should know his freshmen year he did good. He average over 8 a game which is pretty good for a freshmen and last year he would've been doing great if he didn't get hurt. He started the season very strong last year.

Well seeing that you continue to make yourself look dumber and dumber with each post, I guess I should let you in on a little secret. Meeks did not break Tony Delk's record. He broke Dan Issel's single game mark. Issel was one of the best shooters in the UK's history and is still their all time leading scorer ( which he did in only 3 seasons).

Maybe you can find ol Dan on "youtube" somewhere.Big Grin
Trust me folks, if they had the 3 when Grevey played he would hold all the shooting records at Kentucky. He could absolutely light it up from the outside. He was without a doubt the best pure shooter to ever wear the blue and white. Most of you are probably too young and never saw him play but, I have, and I have watched every player come through there since and I have yet to see a pure shooter like him. I have seen alot of streak shooters but there is alot of difference between a pure shooter and a streak shooter. If Meeks stays consistant throughout the remainder of this year and next then he could be my number two.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well seeing that you continue to make yourself look dumber and dumber with each post, I guess I should let you in on a little secret. Meeks did not break Tony Delk's record. He broke Dan Issel's single game mark. Issel was one of the best shooters in the UK's history and is still their all time leading scorer ( which he did in only 3 seasons).

Maybe you can find ol Dan on "youtube" somewhere.Big Grin

Now that you make yourself dummer with each post Meeks did break delks record. He made 10 3pters which broke the record that him and delk had of 9 Wink
slugger35 Wrote:Trust me folks, if they had the 3 when Grevey played he would hold all the shooting records at Kentucky. He could absolutely light it up from the outside. He was without a doubt the best pure shooter to ever wear the blue and white. Most of you are probably too young and never saw him play but, I have, and I have watched every player come through there since and I have yet to see a pure shooter like him. I have seen alot of streak shooters but there is alot of difference between a pure shooter and a streak shooter. If Meeks stays consistant throughout the remainder of this year and next then he could be my number two.

I went to a camp with Grevey one time. I agree that he would have ranked way up there but he still would not have surpassed Issel. Issel was an inside presence but he was also deadly from outside as well. He also went on to become one of the top scorers in ABA/NBA history with a lot of his points coming from outside.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Now that you make yourself dummer with each post Meeks did break delks record. He made 10 3pters which broke the record that him and delk had of 9 Wink
Was it not Issel's single game record that he broke?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Was it not Issel's single game record that he broke?
Yes he did but he broke two records that night. I was talking about the 3pt record he broke. He scored 54 pts to break Dan's 39 year old record of 53 in that game too but I was talking bout delks record he broke. This thread is about UK's best shooter of all-time not UK's best scorer. Dan is Uk's best scorer of all-time without a doubt but he is far from the best shooter. Old ppl can't even remember what the thread is about Wink
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yes he did but he broke two records that night. I was talking about the 3pt record he broke. He scored 54 pts to break Dan's 39 year old record of 53 in that game too but I was talking bout delks record he broke. This thread is about UK's best shooter of all-time not UK's best scorer. Dan is Uk's best scorer of all-time without a doubt but he is far from the best shooter. Old ppl can't even remember what the thread is about Wink
But see that is where you've got your head up your hinney again. Issel is one of UK's best all time shooters as well as scorers.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:But see that is where you've got your head up your hinney again. Issel is one of UK's best all time shooters as well as scorers.

But is he the best?
TheONLY1 Wrote:But is he the best?

I guess I'll just answer it for you NO he wasn't an he wasn't up there high either he may have been descent but he wasn't one of the best shooters UK has ever seen.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I went to a camp with Grevey one time. I agree that he would have ranked way up there but he still would not have surpassed Issel. Issel was an inside presence but he was also deadly from outside as well. He also went on to become one of the top scorers in ABA/NBA history with a lot of his points coming from outside.

I saw Issel play as well and he was a better scorer and better over all player, as an outside shooter Grevey was the best at U.K. I have seen him on many occasions hit 10 would be 3 pointers in the first half alone. I saw him hit 8 in a row out of the deep corner one night. With all due respect to these other players, Grevey is the best shooter to ever play at U.K.
I'm gonna go with Meeks.
Only because im 16 and too young to remember any of the others, haha.
Meeks? He hasn't even played a full season hardly and you guys are already putting atop everybody. Maybe the other night was a fluke? I hope not, but maybe it was. You guys have a lot of history to sift through to get an actual accurate answer on this, and I am going to stick with my answer and say if your talking about shooters im going to go with Travis Ford, one of the best pure shooters to come through lexington.
slugger35 Wrote:I saw Issel play as well and he was a better scorer and better over all player, as an outside shooter Grevey was the best at U.K. I have seen him on many occasions hit 10 would be 3 pointers in the first half alone. I saw him hit 8 in a row out of the deep corner one night. With all due respect to these other players, Grevey is the best shooter to ever play at U.K.
I can respect that opinion, At least you are able to back it with some kind of substance. Something that some of these little kids cant do. Grevey was one of my favorites while he played. Had a pretty good pro career too. Do you remember "Grevey's Gorrilla's" ?
Derrick Miller would also have to be thrown in here somewhere if all you are talking about is the ability to shoot 3 point shots. I didn't think that being able to shoot was just confined to shooting 3 point shots though.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Meeks? He hasn't even played a full season hardly and you guys are already putting atop everybody. Maybe the other night was a fluke? I hope not, but maybe it was. You guys have a lot of history to sift through to get an actual accurate answer on this, and I am going to stick with my answer and say if your talking about shooters im going to go with Travis Ford, one of the best pure shooters to come through lexington.
Exactly what I was pointing out. Travis is not a bad thought either. I'll still stick with Louie Dampier though. He went on to the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA, and ate that league up too. They were the originators of the 3 point shot long before anyone else adopted it.
sports-fan08 Wrote:I'm gonna go with Meeks.
Only because im 16 and too young to remember any of the others, haha.

At least you are honest about it.:thumpsup:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Exactly what I was pointing out. Travis is not a bad thought either. I'll still stick with Louie Dampier though. He went on to the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA, and ate that league up too. They were the originators of the 3 point shot long before anyone else adopted it.

Yea but come on Travis went on to coach in the NAIA! haha!
This poll is useless without Chapman on it....
Pages: 1 2