Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trevard Lindley will Return in '09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[INDENT]“I sat down with my family and also talked to Coach (Rich) Brooks to discuss what I wanted to do,” Lindley said. “I want to get bigger and stronger and continue to improve.”
…
“I advised Trevard that he should strongly consider his option (of going to the NFL) because he was rated fairly high,” Brooks said. “I’m excited, and a little surprised, about his decision to return.”
[/INDENT]

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=12460
Glad to see he's coming back to help lead the Wildcat D next year!
Great news!
Great news for the program next season I can see Lindley being a front runner for the Thorpe award!
Great news....I look for us to turn some heads in the SEC next year.
This is great news.
Top 10 Team
BCS here we come
To keep all 3 of these Juniors is amazing!!! :letsparty:letsparty

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We still have a couple of holes to fill on Defense and need to find some scoring threats on offense if we really want to contend.
I think all this BCS and Top Ten talk is a little premature. But this is great news for UK.
The defense should be very good again next year.

How good the Wildcats are I would say depends upon the developement of Hartline at QB. If the offense can catch up to the defense then Kentucky has a chance to have a very good year.
Beef Wrote:To keep all 3 of these Juniors is amazing!!! :letsparty:letsparty

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We still have a couple of holes to fill on Defense and need to find some scoring threats on offense if we really want to contend.

Weve got 2 scoring threats coming in
king360 Wrote:Weve got 2 scoring threats coming in
Who are they?
FBALL Wrote:Who are they?

arent they bringing in two 5 star QB's?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Thursday is the deadline for players to announce...

Personally I think the fact that Lindley has taken so long is a very, very good sign for UK fans. It means he truly is going through the entire process to ame the right decision and that he is also taking in what his teammates and coaches have to say.

I am going to call it...Lindley returns next season!

Not to brag or anything Big Grin
Yes, but remember, they will be TRUE FRESHMEN. It takes someone special to be able to come in and make a quick impact. Not saying these kids can't do it, but we will have to see in time.

Next season does look bright though, don't get me wrong!
king360 Wrote:arent they bringing in two 5 star QB's?

When was the last time a True Freshman QB won a SEC Title?

I truly feel both Newton (5 Star on Scouts, 3 Star on Rivals) and Mossakowski (4 Star on Rivals, 4 Star on Scout) will make this program much, much better in the coming years...but it is far fetched to expect these guys will win the starting spot, let alone a SEC Title.

Additionally, Mossakowski is recovering from shoulder surgery and will more than liekly redshirt.

UK certainly has three phenominal pieces to build around on defense, and an offense that returns everyone who started down the final stretch minus Garry Williams and Tony Dixon.

But, UK still has major question marks at LB (who will play the OLB?), FS (McClinton is gone and it is a major drop off to Harrison or Guy), CB (Will Warford come back? If not its either Soph Burden or RS-FRESH Rice) and D-line where UK must replace a VERY good DT in Myron Pryor and DE Ventrell Jenkins)

Let alone the fact that UK's offense was a liability most of the season. So even with 9 starters back, emotions must be tempered.

I will say that Lindley returning took UK from a probable 6-7 win team and made them a 8 win team (if everyone stays healthy and the offense improves as it should)....
im not saying they will win the SEC title im just saying they will be 2 good scoring threats to build around
Thank God, looks like our D will be pretty hard to handle next season.

We do have to very good quaterbacks coming in with Newton being able to pass (better than cobb) and run (advantage cobb) and Mossakowski who is a true pocket passer. The only problem though considering them scoring threats is we already have two scoring threats that play QB. Cobb more than likely will take most snaps lined up at WR, and he is the only one that can get on the field besides at QB. And Hartline will more than likely be the starter for next season. So the two QB's coming in wont be considered scoring threats if they dont make it out onto the field.
This is great news to hear.
This def is a Godsend for our D.
I watched this on the news and they said he wanted to come back so we he could go to, and win, four straight bowls. :Thumbs:
I like the sound of that, haha.
This is great news! We have senior experience and leadership now to help all that youth at all 3 facets of Defense: Line (Jarmon) Linebacker(Micah) and DB (Lindley). All three of these guys coming back spells good things for our D next year.
We are all forgetting that our struggling offense played expectionaly well against ECU. As I said and many others have that would be the tale tale sign of where our offense will be coming next season. You return IMO your top back in Locke pending how he recovers in the spring from knee surgrey, the WRs looked very well in the bowl game + the addition of the 4 star JUCO transfer. I think Hartline will infact start the first game, I also think he will improved quite a bit before the home opener next season and could be his job to lose. The line will improve with the time given so really the offense has no where to go but up considering they were ranked terribly this season. THe D will infact be at the same scenero they were this season. Burden can fill the shoes if Warford does leave. I dont see him leaving though why would he? I think you will see some flip flopping going on with the secondary. The only position I worry about is that OLB position, we signed Demitri Merrit who looks to be a snake in the grass if you will. Who knows though Willie Ferrill is supposdly considering Kentucky and is the # 6 rated ILB so if he signs he may move to an OLB
oh yeah by the way I told you all that Micah said he was coming back was no need to fret :-)
The next thing I am going to call: Kentucky ultimately gets a committment from 3 Star RB Donald Russell out of Florida. He has cut his list to UK and Southern Miss and visited So. Miss. last weekend. He will be in Lexington this weekend. I predict Russell becomes a Cat before it is all said and done.
king360 Wrote:Top 10 Team

Noway, man lol.
This is wonderful news for Wildcat fans! :Clap:

Now we don't have to fret as much about next year. With plenty of returning experience, and a solid recruiting class coming in, I think 8-4 is a reasonable expectation, possibly even 9 wins when you look at the schedule. Outside of Florida, Georgia, and probably Alabama, UK should have a good chance to win every other game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The next thing I am going to call: Kentucky ultimately gets a committment from 3 Star RB Donald Russell out of Florida. He has cut his list to UK and Southern Miss and visited So. Miss. last weekend. He will be in Lexington this weekend. I predict Russell becomes a Cat before it is all said and done.

Just to continue this... Southern Miss received a committment today from a 4* RB...Russell is on his official visit to Lexington as we speak.

He has standing offers from: UK, Florida, Georgia, Southern Miss, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Western Michigan, South Florida, and Pitt.
oh yea.....thats what we like to see him in the bluegrass