Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Jodie Meeks Go Pro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you think he will be in a UK jeresey next season or in the pros? I'm not starting this thread cause of the game he had last night which was amazing but the points he has been putting up all season.
I don't know if he will or not. I'm not sure I've ever heard of him expressing interest in the NBA right now, but I'm sure his draft stock went up even more after last night.

Hopefully him and Patterson return so the Cats can make a run at the title next year.
I think Meeks and Patterson will both enter the draft
I don't see him going pro next year, he's not ready for that IMO. His game last night was ridiculously impressive though - 54pts.! That's something to get the folks in the NBA talking that's for sure, but like I said I don't see him going on to the pros in the next year, or Patterson for that matter.
I say he will go his Senior year
DJCOOL Wrote:I don't see him going pro next year, he's not ready for that IMO. His game last night was ridiculously impressive though - 54pts.! That's something to get the folks in the NBA talking that's for sure, but like I said I don't see him going on to the pros in the next year, or Patterson for that matter.

I think that he and Patterson are ready, neither will be rookie of the year type players, but both are very athletic and they can score.
Meeks will stay patterson the verdict is still out on IMO
Jodie is an amazing player, but I dont think he is ready for the NBA just yet. I think he needs to be more consistent with his shot selection, and learn that it's ok to pass if he's not open. Now dont get me wrong I love the effort he gives and his determination to win and without him we are a .500 team. However, even though i dont think he is ready for the pros I think he wants that chance to prove that he can make it on that level.
No he will stay, along with Patterson.
I think and hope that he and Patterson will stay. They both love the University of Kentucky.

Good luck to both of them whatever they choose to do!
I dont think he or Patterson are ready for the NBA. Like gobigblue said, Meeks needs to improve more on shot selection and learn to make the extra pass and not force himself. However, I do think if any of them could make it, it would be Meeks moreso than Patterson. The NBA right now is a scoring guards league like Meeks is. You have Kobe, Wade, Lebron(I know he plays forward but he could play any position if he wants), Joe Johnson, and many others. Patterson has alot of work to do to make it pro. I still dont see a solid go to move in him, hes lazy at times, and his emotions get the better of him. In that I mean its like if he doesnt score or isnt getting his touches, he gets upset and lets it mess up his game and I dont think hes tough enough to handle some of the NBA's bigger players. I think both guys will be at UK next year and help try to win a championship, which would be possible if gillispie would change some of his philosophies. Patterson will have more help in Daniel Orton next season and with Orton, that will open Meeks up even more to score at will.
the 1 the only Wrote:Meeks will stay patterson the verdict is still out on IMO

I agree. I'm leaning on Patterson staying depending on how much success the Cats enjoy for the rest of the season. More success, better chance he stays in my opinion.

Meeks benefits from defense' keying on Patterson. Last night was unreal!
Meeks is good but isn't ready I don't think. I say he will stay.
I think that Patterson and Meeks both come back because UK has a real good chance of making a run to the final 4 next season.
If both stay, UK has to be pre-season top 5! When was the last time they have said that?
Both will stay and Kentucky will be preseason #1
I think both will stay...if they do stay then the Cats will be unreal next year!
There is so many good player in college basketball right now, Id wait until next season, But that's risking an injury, So i say it depends on how well the rest of this season goes for them.
I think that he should stay if he doesn't then I dont know what he is thinking.
But the question is, is Patterson going to go pro or do you think he will stay?
Jodie is a very streaky shooter, but good enough of a shooter to score in the NBA.

He's an average defensive player, so I don't know how much that would hurt him.

He scores in different ways as Chris Lofton, but I felt Lofton was a more pure shooter. I don't know how much the NBA would consider Jodie's game like Chris's.
Both he and Patterson come back next year.
I think its all how well UK does the reason of the year. I think if they are 1 and done in the Tourney than Meeks leaves. As for Patterson I think he returns next season no matter how they do.
I think Meeks will stay and convince PP to stay because with a true big man coming in next season they have a National Championship caliber team.
I think Meeks stays. He's not athletic enough to do much in the NBA.
If meeks goes, he's stupid.. Yeah he had a great game last night, but he will not do anything in the pros. As a 2 guard, he will have people like James Posey and Bruce Bowen and Kobe guarding him and he will have to guard ppl like that. He will get drafted after his senior year, but in the 2nd round IMO and be another person who just is on the roster and that's it. Patterson on the other hand, will possibly go after this year, but definitely after next year, and I see him being a real factor in the NBA.
He'll probably stay because I don't see him getting drafted that high (if at all).
I hope not.
i think all uk fans hope he goes pro his senior year along with P-pat
I really think (and hope) that Meeks and Patterson will stay and play out next season. UK basketball would be getting back to where it once was if they would do that.
thetribe Wrote:I really think (and hope) that Meeks and Patterson will stay and play out next season. UK basketball would be getting back to where it once was if they would do that.

Patterson is probably gone, I hope that is not the case, but he could probably take the next step and be successful.

As for Jodie, I'd like to see him stay one more year and continue to develop the leadership skills that he will need when he attempts to take the next step. Jodie does not always play with that gunslinger mentality. He will need that in the NBA. I'd like to seem him be "THE MAN" at UK and then take that confidence with him.
Pages: 1 2