Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 90 - Tennessee 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
History made by Meeks. A scoring record that should stand for quite some time.

Great game defensively by everybody else, and Porter played a pretty good game at PG.

More importantly we just destroyed Tennessee and moved to 2-0 in the SEC.
Jodie Meeks!!!! 54!!!!

Rocky Top That!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meeks is a class act. This UK team is now 2-0 in SEC Play we are gonna turn some heads this year.
Beating tennessee by 18 at home, that is awesome. Meeks-Wow-History. Tears of joy.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Beating tennessee by 18 at home, that is awesome. Meeks-Wow-History. Tears of joy.
You got that right And we made the opening story on sports center!!!!
Awesome game!... Congrats Meeks on making history!!!

Cats 2-0 in SEC play! Lets go get the Dawgs now!
Did'nt see this coming..i like it though...Meeks is unreal
Defense was great tonite. Obviously Meeks was on fire. 54 points. No other play had double digits. We need to get better on offense. Good guard play tonite. Miller played well and I thought Porter played extremley well.
OH MY GOSH!!! Meeks was unreal...WOW!!!
Awesome win for the Cats.
I'm going to beat this drum again. I know it was the Meeks show tonight but Porter played very well again at the point.

Porter handled the pressure and consistantly got the cats set up in the half court. He doesn't have great stats but again he just gets the team set up and plays steady at the point.

How about the behind the back assist late in the game.
Wow what a game. Congrats Meeks on making history!!!
Who said Tubby couldn't recruit.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Defense was great tonite. Obviously Meeks was on fire. 54 points. No other play had double digits. We need to get better on offense. Good guard play tonite. Miller played well and I thought Porter played extremley well.

Patterson had 11 pts.
Wowwwwww Meeks was amazing tonight.
He at least has to get a mention for player of the year.
We had a small party at my house for this game, and I'm glad we did.
Of course we only had one Tennessee fan in the house, so that made it even more fun. ;] But, amazing performance by the cats! Go big blue!
FBALL Wrote:I'm going to beat this drum again. I know it was the Meeks show tonight but Porter played very well again at the point.

Porter handled the pressure and consistantly got the cats set up in the half court. He doesn't have great stats but again he just gets the team set up and plays steady at the point.

How about the behind the back assist late in the game.

That wasn't Porter.. that was J-WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Real good win for the Cats... Did Liggins not play any, If not, Any reason why?

And Real NICE game from Meeks.
MVP2 Wrote:Patterson had 11 pts.

Patterson only had 9..Meeks also had 8 rebounds to go with the 54.
FBALL Wrote:Who said Tubby couldn't recruit.

I think Tubby is a decent coach, but not a good recruiter. He got most of his recruits because of the team he coached. But you gotta love it when UK puts on a show like this. Makes me think of old times when kentucky won every game like this. I got a feeling the CATS are on there way back to domination again.
Money Maker Wrote:I think Tubby is a decent coach, but not a good recruiter. He got most of his recruits because of the team he coached. But you gotta love it when UK puts on a show like this. Makes me think of old times when kentucky won every game like this. I got a feeling the CATS are on there way back to domination again.
He recruited Meeks.
KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!!!!!! Now that is KENTUCKY basketball, Jodie Meeks great game! Really cant type that much on how well you plaed so ill talk about Miller, who I thought matured alot tonight and played very well, Patterson played solid, also why wasnt Harrelson ever in the game and I didnt even see Liggins on the bench???? Good win now lets go get the dogs of georgia and another W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etc
mrfootball03 Wrote:that wasn't porter.. that was J-WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
It was Porter.Big Grin
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Patterson only had 9..Meeks also had 8 rebounds to go with the 54.
Patterson had 9 points and 12 rebounds. Barely missing a double double.
jolly rancher Wrote:Wowwwwww Meeks was amazing tonight.
He at least has to get a mention for player of the year.
If he plays as well the rest of the season as he has the first half I would say he will be in the conversation.
All I can say is WOW!

Jodie Meeks could not miss tonight and UK's defense was amazing. Porter played great, Harris, Stevenson, and Galloway played good, Miller outplayed Hopson and Patterson did his usual thing.

Surprised that Liggins didn't even see any playing time at all.
Does anyone think that UK will be ranked top 25 this year?? Awesome win for the cats, espically in that environment! Meeks was unreal tonight.
Mr.Mister Wrote:Does anyone think that UK will be ranked top 25 this year?? Awesome win for the cats, espically in that environment! Meeks was unreal tonight.

I would just about lay money on it, that they will be in the top 25 next week..
Congrats Wildcats!! Meeks was awesome and deserves all the recognition he will get from this game! If this win doesn't put us in the Top 25 something is wrong. We have a better record than Tennessee. And one of our losses was to NC. So not bad. I think the Wildcats are starting to come together more. Would still like to see us a little less dependent on Meeks though, and would like to see Patterson a little more visible each game. But 2-0, I'm not complaining.
I for one like be not ranked.

It only adds fuel to this teams fire!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I for one like be not ranked.

It only adds fuel to this teams fire!

i kinda like it too.. but i think meeks just turned alot of heads. now alot of people who weren't paying attention to kentucky, all of the sudden are.
Pages: 1 2 3