Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: time in 40.. in middleschool.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what seventh grader or eigth has the fastest 40 time in the middle school and what school they attened, age....
i personially have a 7th grader at my timing is a flat 4.65....one 4.61 then at a all days playing.. still 4.69 4.7 all day lond lets compare. oh-yea hes from corbin state runner-ups...
Shouldn't this be in the middle school section?
MR-REDHOUND Wrote:i personially have a 7th grader at my timing is a flat 4.65....one 4.61 then at a all days playing.. still 4.69 4.7 all day lond lets compare. oh-yea hes from corbin state runner-ups...

Is that hand timed or electronic?
My 8th grader runs the 40 in 4.5...he was timed on the track by a coach with a stopwatch.
I think some people do not understand that a grade school child running under a 4.8 or 4.9 is very rare. Do these people realize that professional running backs and receivers only run a 4.2 or 4.3. I really doubt that some of these times are legit that are being posted on this thread. Grade schoolers running only 2 or 3 tenths behind a professional player, highly doubtful people. If it is true get a hold of Coach Brooks and Joker at UK, they will start recruiting them right now.
The fastest kid I have seen hand timed in middle school was a 4.9. That kid is exceptionally fast for his age group.

On the average, when hand timed, the fastest kids in middle school that I have seen usually run around 5.0-5.3. Those are the fast ones.

Now that was on grass and in helmets but I have never seen a middle school kid run a 4.5 or 4.6.
Lambert #1 Wrote:I think some people do not understand that a grade school child running under a 4.8 or 4.9 is very rare. Do these people realize that professional running backs and receivers only run a 4.2 or 4.3. I really doubt that some of these times are legit that are being posted on this thread. Grade schoolers running only 2 or 3 tenths behind a professional player, highly doubtful people. If it is true get a hold of Coach Brooks and Joker at UK, they will start recruiting them right now.

Only run a 4.2-4.3? Running that fast is rare on the professional level. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6. 4.2-4.3 is Deon Sanders and Randy Moss fast. Deon was not that fast when he first got to FSU.

When hand timed you commonly add 2/10ths to it. So a 4.5 hand time is about a 4.7 or so. There is a ton of room for error in hand timing. Now the kid from Grant is almost the fastest kid on the HS baseball or HS football team. Not many kids can as an 8th grader be in the top 3 or so speed wise on a HS sports team.
I don't know what else to say. He was timed with a stopwatch by the HS baseball coach. He not only played for GCMS football, but he and his twin brother played for the GCHS baseball team. He wore jersey #1 for GCMS football. They played on the freshman baseball team as 7th graders last year.
I think my last sentence might have come across wrong. He is as fast as almost anyone playing football or baseball at the HS. So I do not question his speed at all in that 4.5-.47 range.
barrel Wrote:I think my last sentence might have come across wrong. He is as fast as almost anyone playing football or baseball at the HS. So I do not question his speed at all in that 4.5-.47 range.

Fastest person in the draft 2-3 years ago was a 4.38, so if he can almost catch him why isnt this kid on national tv? the fastest middle schoolers around here are at best 4.8-.9 LASER, so dont kid yourself. Thats being generous
Almost catch him? Not everyone that runs a sub 4.4 forty goes to the NFL or even college. The kid is an 8th grader not a 6th or 7th. He has the body of a Soph and he is a legit 8th grader. I watched the kid abuse varsity DBs last year in 7 on 7 events. When a varisty team has a hard time keeping up with your size and speed.

You say the fastest kids in your area are 4.8 so is it that hard to believe the the kid runs a 4.7?

5 RBs last year ran under 4.4 40s with about 3 or so in the 4.2 range
4 WR ran sub 4.4
11 CB ran sub 4.4
1 Safety

Now of those 22 players just from last year someone might be able to name 3 of them. I am not sure all of them are on rosters.
barrel Wrote:Almost catch him? Not everyone that runs a sub 4.4 forty goes to the NFL or even college. The kid is an 8th grader not a 6th or 7th. He has the body of a Soph and he is a legit 8th grader. I watched the kid abuse varsity DBs last year in 7 on 7 events. When a varisty team has a hard time keeping up with your size and speed.

You say the fastest kids in your area are 4.8 so is it that hard to believe the the kid runs a 4.7?

5 RBs last year ran under 4.4 40s with about 3 or so in the 4.2 range
4 WR ran sub 4.4
11 CB ran sub 4.4
1 Safety

Now of those 22 players just from last year someone might be able to name 3 of them. I am not sure all of them are on rosters.

I'm saying you don't have a middle schooler that can run a legit laser 4.5, no matter what you say. A 4.5 in middle school would never get tackled. Kind of silly that saying since people in the NFL can run sub 4.4, your 8th grader can run a 4.5.
We don't have to prove it to you or anyone else. Anybody that has watched him run, knows what we are saying. In the first round of the state tournament against Owen County, the ball carrier got past the corner on the opposite side of the field that he was covering. He came across the field and almost 35 yards back. He ran past the corner on that side and made the tackle, preventing the touch down. That was videotaped. He has a coach who played division 1 baseball, he has given him techniques that have made him faster.
What age is he???
He is a legit 8th grader. He started on time and was not held back. From talking to his BB coach he is around a 4.7. I watched the film when it came to state teams in the playoffs. Kid ran down another kid with around a 30+ head start on him. I watched this summer against local HS and the teams had to double the kid. He played defense from my understanding so he played very little offense.

The kid is running a legit 4.7. the crazy part is he had 2 other team mates in the same range.
I'll have to see it to belive it.
We've got a pee-wee kid running a 4.4 HaHa. People if you say it I'll take your word for it but let me know these kids names that are running a 4.4 and a 4.5 so I can be watching for them in UK uniforms in a few years. Has Joker been by to sign them yet?????
barrel Wrote:He is a legit 8th grader. He started on time and was not held back. From talking to his BB coach he is around a 4.7. I watched the film when it came to state teams in the playoffs. Kid ran down another kid with around a 30+ head start on him. I watched this summer against local HS and the teams had to double the kid. He played defense from my understanding so he played very little offense.

The kid is running a legit 4.7. the crazy part is he had 2 other team mates in the same range.

ONCE AGAIN............HOW OLD IS THE CHILD ???????????
I dont care if he is a hold back or not,,, that is not the question.....how old is he?????????
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:ONCE AGAIN............HOW OLD IS THE CHILD ???????????
I dont care if he is a hold back or not,,, that is not the question.....how old is he?????????

Did I hit a nerve or something? I understand you asked his age. That is why I stated he was a legit 8th grader because I had no clue when in the school year the kid's birthday was. So if he started on time and was not held back then he would be in the 13-14 range. After talking to his coach, he is 14. He turned 14 after the season. He was timed by his Baseball coach sometime in Nov/early Dec.
No nerve, just wondering how old he was... thats all.. no harm no foul here.......Thanks for the info.
Barrel is correct. My son turned 14 in mid-November. He looks more like he is 16 though. I don't quite understand why this is such an issue. I realize he is from Northern KY, but that doesn't mean that he can't run fast. Anybody that wants to watch him play is more than welcome to come and watch him play as a Freshman next year at GCHS. He works hard and is critical of himself. He expects to play great every game and if he doesn't, he will work to fix the problem. He has been like this since a 1st grader in Pee-Wee.
well us Patroits had us a running back this year that hit 3.957 and 4.1 this kid was really fast you all may know him Jordan Turner #5 8th grader..we used a stop watch on him he ran it for us everyday never went past 4.2 it was always 4.1 or 3.9 when he got in to open feild there was no catching him he was also a handful tryin to get wrapped up in the backfeild..great running back!
ohh yea he's 15 years old and 6'0 175 pounds..
Bell Co, LCA, Lex Cath, Scott Co, Georgetown, Oldham, South Oldham, and Paris can all back up the kids size and speed. His mother just verified his age.
I think the head coach at Bryan Station High School (where they attended camp this past summer) would also tell you about #1 Caudill of Grant County.
Lambert #1 Wrote:I think some people do not understand that a grade school child running under a 4.8 or 4.9 is very rare. Do these people realize that professional running backs and receivers only run a 4.2 or 4.3. I really doubt that some of these times are legit that are being posted on this thread. Grade schoolers running only 2 or 3 tenths behind a professional player, highly doubtful people. If it is true get a hold of Coach Brooks and Joker at UK, they will start recruiting them right now.

:please: :yikes:
Who is the fastest 8th grader we have Lambert?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is the fastest 8th grader we have Lambert?

I'm not Lambert, but I'd say Cody Sexton would have to be up there for the fastest kid...
Is that going to be a future RB or is it going to be a wide receiver?
Pages: 1 2