Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky @ #15 Tennessee 1/13/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tue, Jan 13 at Tennessee 9:00 pm
I'm hoping the 'Cats can win this one, but if they start off to another slow/sluggish start and don't finish the game then they'll leave Knoxville 1-1 in the SEC.
I hate to say it, but Tennessee takes this one. They have home court advantage and the way Tennessee finished their game today-compared the to the way UK finished their game today, UT should win this one. I hope that i am wrong though-god would i love it. We should have their # when they come to Rupp and when the SEC tourney rolls around though.
I think the Cats will get the road win against the conference's best team. Patterson will have a much better game than he did today against Vandy and Meeks will go for 20+ as usual. This won't be enough but I think that the role players will step up and UK will have 5 total players in double figures. Come on Cats!
I Dont see UK winning this game.
RavenBoy Wrote:I Dont see UK winning this game.

I think that we have a good shot. I can see why you think we wouldn't but I think Tennessee will slightly over look us like they did in Knoxville last year, but this time I think we will get the road win.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I think that we have a good shot. I can see why you think we wouldn't but I think Tennessee will slightly over look us like they did in Knoxville last year, but this time I think we will get the road win.

God i hope you are right. I would love to see us win this game.
Tennessee is pretty athletic, but can't shoot that well. Tatum is really their only shooter I've seen.
If Liggins plays well I think we will win if not Porter will play alot and we lose.
RavenBoy Wrote:If Liggins plays well I think we will win if not Porter will play alot and we lose.
That same quote was made before the Vandy game. Its getting kind of old.
Tennesee is hard to beat @ Home. They had the longest active winning streak 37 games won at home before it was snaped earlier week to the Zags. It will be hard to beat Tenn. @ give them to loses in a row at home. I hope the Cats win!
FBALL Wrote:That same quote was made before the Vandy game. Its getting kind of old.

If the quote is true, then whats wrong with saying it every game?? I'm just curious. We can't even voice our opinion anymore without getting dogged about it.
Money Maker Wrote:If the quote is true, then whats wrong with saying it every game?? I'm just curious. We can't even voice our opinion anymore without getting dogged about it.

And we beat Vandy, who was on a 6 game win streak, with Porter starting at PG. So how do you even have a point?
blackcat Wrote:And we beat Vandy, who was on a 6 game win streak, with Porter starting at PG. So how do you even have a point?

How many assist did that all-american have???
Money Maker Wrote:How many assist did that all-american have???

Last time I checked I don't think he was an all-american, but he had 2 assists, and Liggins had 2 and was 0-5 from the floor. So get over it, Porter is better right now.
If Kentucky plays good defense as they have been here lately then I'll take the Wildcats by 5.

GO BIG BLUE!
BIGBLUE in the upset:Clap:
Tennessee at home will be a rather tall task for the Cats. I foresee at double digit win for the Vols.
UK by 5
Chism Dominates the paint in this one...Vols by 12
FBALL Wrote:That same quote was made before the Vandy game. Its getting kind of old.
OK Listen, Liggins was in the game we went up by 20. Liggins was took out we were up by 6. Its hear some kind of excuse for that.
You can voice your opinion but in every thread about UK do you have to dog Porter? It does get old when you have to read that all the time.
Man at the first of the season Porter was playing bad but so was everyone else we played at PG. Right now he is doing a good job and playing hard and not turning it over or taking bad shots. You can't say that for Liggins. Yesterday he took a bad three point attempt, went down the floor got a blocking foul, and thn came right back down the floor and tried some runner that missed. Liggins hasnt made the transition to D-1. He thinks he is still in high school. When he does come around, I think he will be a great PG. Just not right now.

Poter may have only had 2 assists but honestly how could he get more??? If Patterson doesn't get it or Meeks doesn't make his shot then no assist for anyone. It aint like we was dead ringers yesterday.
Money Maker Wrote:If the quote is true, then whats wrong with saying it every game?? I'm just curious. We can't even voice our opinion anymore without getting dogged about it.

Well first of all it isn't true. Not even close. Porter has played alot in every game and somehow UK has won many more than they have lost.

No one every said you couldn't voice your opinion. Just don't get upset when others opinions are different than yours and take personal shots at other members.

There are rules to this site which I think alot of members need to go back and review.
Amun-Ra Wrote:You can voice your opinion but in every thread about UK do you have to dog Porter? It does get old when you have to read that all the time.
Man at the first of the season Porter was playing bad but so was everyone else we played at PG. Right now he is doing a good job and playing hard and not turning it over or taking bad shots. You can't say that for Liggins. Yesterday he took a bad three point attempt, went down the floor got a blocking foul, and thn came right back down the floor and tried some runner that missed. Liggins hasnt made the transition to D-1. He thinks he is still in high school. When he does come around, I think he will be a great PG. Just not right now.

Poter may have only had 2 assists but honestly how could he get more??? If Patterson doesn't get it or Meeks doesn't make his shot then no assist for anyone. It aint like we was dead ringers yesterday.
Only thing is, Liggins has had 2 good games so far this season. Porter has had 0. Its the same as Hartline. Even though he is our only QB he is still horrible.
Money Maker Wrote:Yeah its 100% true and you won't admit it for some reason. I don't know what the deal is but you seem to take up for him even when he plays horrible.

Kentucky having a good record is true. It is also true that Porter has been the point gaurd for all of those games. Simple deduction tells you that if Porter plays alot UK will not lose every game. To state that if Porter plays alot UK will lose has been proven false time and time again. Thats the deal.
RavenBoy Wrote:OK Listen, Liggins was in the game we went up by 20. Liggins was took out we were up by 6. Its hear some kind of excuse for that.

Actually that's completely wrong, we went on a 5+ minute scoring drought in the first half when Liggins was at the PG. Porter also closed the game for us by hitting some clutch free throws.

RavenBoy Wrote:Only thing is, Liggins has had 2 good games so far this season. Porter has had 0. Its the same as Hartline. Even though he is our only QB he is still horrible.

Once again I believe you're wrong, Porter has been playing consistently well for a while now and Liggins continues to have careless turnovers and is always out of control.

I do believe Liggins will be the better player in the future, but he has a lot of growing up to do.
Cats by 2.
Ill take the cats in a win and I hope both Liggins and Porter play great games as well as the entire team! Go KENTUCKY WILDCATS get another W!!!!!
I changed my mind UK all the way.
Money Maker Wrote:How many assist did that all-american have???
People sometimes forget that there are two parts to getting an assist..it's Porters job to pass the ball to somebody(which he does, cause he rarely shoots) and it's the other persons job to score..
Pages: 1 2