Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin running again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks as if the Redhounds have put it to Bell. Corbin has singled out Bell Middle School Football and put them out of the conference. Voted out by one team????????

The high school snubs have now come down to the middle school level. Of course Jewell has something to do with it.

My advice to Bell is not play Corbin in anything. High School basketball, baseball, ping pong. Middle Schools in the county should do the same.

Corbin will continue to turn yellow until they man up and do the right things.
Snare43 Wrote:Looks as if the Redhounds have put it to Bell. Corbin has singled out Bell Middle School Football and put them out of the conference. Voted out by one team????????

The high school snubs have now come down to the middle school level. Of course Jewell has something to do with it.

My advice to Bell is not play Corbin in anything. High School basketball, baseball, ping pong. Middle Schools in the county should do the same.

Corbin will continue to turn yellow until they man up and do the right things.

Why?

Don't the other teams have a say in your conference?
Did they give a reason?

I heard someone talking about this and mentioned it may have been because of an altercation between some coaches or something during the season.
That's pretty sad that one team has that much control. How in the world can Corbin decide whether Bell stays or goes??? Our bunch plays in the Big Sandy Conference and before something like that could happen it would have to be unanimous to kick someone out. Bell has bounced around the last few years looking for a home. I think that a nice little conference could be put together right here in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky that could rival any conference in the state. I still say that New Harlan, Leslie, Bell should petition to get in the Big Sandy Conference. Can you imagine what the playoffs would be like. Belfry, Letcher County, Johnson Central, Hazard, Breathitt, Perry, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, Harlan County, Bell County, Leslie County WOW, WOW, WOW. Look at how many teams high schools played in the quarter, semi's and finals of the state this year. There would be no better conference in the state in my opinion. The next Big Sandy Conference meeting is in March. If any of these teams are interrested get in touch with Jamie Howell at Adams Middle School (Prestonsburg) he's one of the commisioners or get in touch with Keith Pray at Perry or Terry Howard at Letcher County and let them know if your interrested, I for one would love to see it.
Still looking into how and why Corbin can do this. But was done by one team CORBIN. Bell has asked for the state to look into this. Emails both ways are going on now. I have seen a few, will get back soon. I will let people see what Corbin has said and done when it is all settled.
Snare43 Wrote:Still looking into how and why Corbin can do this. But was done by one team CORBIN. Bell has asked for the state to look into this. Emails both ways are going on now. I have seen a few, will get back soon. I will let people see what Corbin has said and done when it is all settled.

I can remember hearing something about a coach hitting someone or something to that affect. What exactly happened there and could that have been a reason?
Lambert #1 Wrote:That's pretty sad that one team has that much control. How in the world can Corbin decide whether Bell stays or goes??? Our bunch plays in the Big Sandy Conference and before something like that could happen it would have to be unanimous to kick someone out. Bell has bounced around the last few years looking for a home. I think that a nice little conference could be put together right here in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky that could rival any conference in the state. I still say that New Harlan, Leslie, Bell should petition to get in the Big Sandy Conference. Can you imagine what the playoffs would be like. Belfry, Letcher County, Johnson Central, Hazard, Breathitt, Perry, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, Harlan County, Bell County, Leslie County WOW, WOW, WOW. Look at how many teams high schools played in the quarter, semi's and finals of the state this year. There would be no better conference in the state in my opinion. The next Big Sandy Conference meeting is in March. If any of these teams are interrested get in touch with Jamie Howell at Adams Middle School (Prestonsburg) he's one of the commisioners or get in touch with Keith Pray at Perry or Terry Howard at Letcher County and let them know if your interrested, I for one would love to see it.

I replied on another thread but rumor has it that New Harlan is trying to get into the Big Sandy or this conference with Corbin.
I believe it was in a 7th grade game a coach from Bell knocked out an offical.
PARENT not coach PARENT Was very unfortunate. School and coaching staff had nothing to do with that.
The article said volunteer coach.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/30652764.html

Now the article might be completely wrong but from the sound of it he was on the sideline and talking to the offical. If you are not a coach then I do not understand why either one of those things is going on.

I do not view that as a reflection of the staff.
It appears that feelings have been hurt, and this is trying to be made into a personal matter between coaches, but it is not. The facts are that Bell Co. did not cooperate with conference on more than a several occasions. It was not just Corbin who voted on this it was all of us, and that being said it was a majority that felt this way. The incident the volunteer Assistant coach and the official in Corbin was just one of many things that happened throughout the season. All the coaches from the conference had a part in this. And by the corbins HS coach was never involved with this, its not his call.
So what did Bell Co do/not do? I have no ties to any of these schools but it has my interest peaked.
barrel Wrote:The article said volunteer coach.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/30652764.html

Now the article might be completely wrong but from the sound of it he was on the sideline and talking to the offical. If you are not a coach then I do not understand why either one of those things is going on.

I do not view that as a reflection of the staff.

First of all that just shows that the media does not do there job. I can assure you that this was a PARENT. Never was and never has been a coach. He is a good friend of mine, so again very unfortunate that this happened.

Have ever been to a football game that everyone on the sideline was a coach?

I was standing 20 feet from him and I'm not a coach. Just a Dad.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It appears that feelings have been hurt, and this is trying to be made into a personal matter between coaches, but it is not. The facts are that Bell Co. did not cooperate with conference on more than a several occasions. It was not just Corbin who voted on this it was all of us, and that being said it was a majority that felt this way. The incident the volunteer Assistant coach and the official in Corbin was just one of many things that happened throughout the season. All the coaches from the conference had a part in this. And by the corbins HS coach was never involved with this, its not his call.

According to the state association of middle school, Corbin was the ONE. It is not between anyone. Corbin voted them out plain and simple. No feelings were hurt, it is just another example handed down from the high school and Coach Jewell in dodging Bell. Bell will find another conf. to play in. As for Corbin,
they just fell below Middlesboro in running away from competition. Middlesboro has never tried to run from Bell on the grade school level.
Do you have a link for the "state association of middle school"? I didn't realize there was a governing body for middle school athletics. Did Bell County and Middlesboro play middle school football this year? When was the last time Middlesboro played Bell in football?
The only people that should ever be on the sideline during a game should be coaches, players, medical staff, chain crew, and media. Parents try to do enough coaching, there is no need for them to be on the sideline.
This Is Sad
Just wondering Snare you said that you were standing 20 feet away from this parent, were you on the sideline or behind the fence?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Just wondering Snare you said that you were standing 20 feet away from this parent, were you on the sideline or behind the fence?

On the sideline. Where I stand every game home or away. See if you come to Bell you will see that everyone is on the sideline. That is the way the field is, no fence.

By the way I don't coach from the sidelines as a parent, we are very happy with who we have. It is the best seat in the house.
Mama Bear Wrote:Do you have a link for the "state association of middle school"? I didn't realize there was a governing body for middle school athletics. Did Bell County and Middlesboro play middle school football this year? When was the last time Middlesboro played Bell in football?

This is the same association that had the middle school state games at Lex. Cath. There is a governing body if you want to play in those games. You have to join.

Middlesboro has played Bell every year in middle school football.
Snare43 Wrote:First of all that just shows that the media does not do there job. I can assure you that this was a PARENT. Never was and never has been a coach. He is a good friend of mine, so again very unfortunate that this happened.

Have ever been to a football game that everyone on the sideline was a coach?

I was standing 20 feet from him and I'm not a coach. Just a Dad.

No one except Coaches, players, trainers, chain crew, or media is allowed on our sideline period. We do not allow it for the visitors either. No one except the HC and OC talks to the officals.

Now I have no clue how the KYMSFA got involved in this. They are not a governing body. Yes you pay a due to be able to play in the post season system they started last year. They have no control over other confrences. They have no say to who is in a confrence and who it not. They help organize off season and post season that is it. I have no idea why they would have any knowledge nor care about the workings of the confrence Bell was/is in. Who passed this information along? Bass, Mann, or Mitchell? Why would they have any knowledge, say or care about it?

I have been to Bell's field and Bell was on the far sideline away from the fans. The fans are EXTREMELY close to the field to the point it is unsafe.
barrel Wrote:No one except Coaches, players, trainers, chain crew, or media is allowed on our sideline period. We do not allow it for the visitors either. No one except the HC and OC talks to the officals.

Now I have no clue how the KYMSFA got involved in this. They are not a governing body. Yes you pay a due to be able to play in the post season system they started last year. They have no control over other confrences. They have no say to who is in a confrence and who it not. They help organize off season and post season that is it. I have no idea why they would have any knowledge nor care about the workings of the confrence Bell was/is in. Who passed this information along? Bass, Mann, or Mitchell? Why would they have any knowledge, say or care about it?

I have been to Bell's field and Bell was on the far sideline away from the fans. The fans are EXTREMELY close to the field to the point it is unsafe.

I believe that this incident happened at Corbin.

I never felt like it was unsafe when we played at Bell. Our player's parents/fans all sit in the stands or bring chairs and sit/stand around the fence. Our coach wouldn't allow anybody's mommy or daddy to stand with the team on the sidelines, regardless of where we played. I don't ever recall anybody other than coaches standing on the Bell side. That's been a couple of years ago though.
barrel Wrote:No one except Coaches, players, trainers, chain crew, or media is allowed on our sideline period. We do not allow it for the visitors either. No one except the HC and OC talks to the officals.

Here are just a few I stood on this year. Corbin, Whitley, South Laurel, Foley Middle, Meace, Knox County and Bell. Nothing said by any.

I don't know where you are from, but never inforced.
I was stating our rule as a staff and as a school. Our stance is simple parents have no place on our sidelines except as part of the chain crew.

My comment about Bell being extremely unsafe was more along the lines of for the players. With people end lawn chairs that close, the concession stand and the such. People just can not get out of the way fast enough in areas of that field. That does not include the turkey blind someone had set up.

I am still confused about the comments with the KYMSFA being involved in this.
barrel Wrote:I was stating our rule as a staff and as a school. Our stance is simple parents have no place on our sidelines except as part of the chain crew.

My comment about Bell being extremely unsafe was more along the lines of for the players. With people end lawn chairs that close, the concession stand and the such. People just can not get out of the way fast enough in areas of that field. That does not include the turkey blind someone had set up.

I am still confused about the comments with the KYMSFA being involved in this.

Don't be, Bell contacted them as to the chances of going to the playoffs as a independent. They wanted to know what happened and when they were told were very disappointed in Corbins actions. Several e-mails from them to Corbin and Bell to see if it could be worked out. The KYMSFA rep developed a very good relationship with Bell coaches and was trying to help them in finding another conference and also expressing their disapointment in CORBINS decision. Can they do anything , probally not. In many, many eyes if this all this stays the same CORBIN will continue to have the reputation of dodging Bell, now in middle school. It looks as if only in the sports that they get beat in. Be careful, if our basketball team was to win a game or two they will stop that. I guess baseball will be next.
So does that me Bell has lost their games for next year because they are not in the confrence? Do they have to find replacement games? If so that puts them in a tough spot.

Being an indepedent is not that bad. It works for us. I am interested in why they were voted out
Quote:That does not include the turkey blind someone had set up.
Smile
Unless you are the two coaches you may never know what really happened. There are always two sides to every story sometimes they are both right sometimes they are both lies, To me this seems like Adults interfering with kids trying to have fun playing football. I don't understand this kicking teams out of conferences Bell always accused New Harlan of getting them out of their conference but that was never the case seems like there are always a lot of confusion and stories behind this stuff. Adults just need to realize these are middle school games with children!
Snare43 Wrote:Don't be, Bell contacted them as to the chances of going to the playoffs as a independent. They wanted to know what happened and when they were told were very disappointed in Corbins actions.

Now im confused, at first it was the KYMFSA informing Bell that Corbin and only Corbin kicked them out of the conference. However, now it seems that Bell had to inform the KYMSFA of what happened. It sounds like there are some upset parents trying to make someone else look bad.

And if you were on the sideline at the corbin game you must have lied just like the parent that hit the official. Corbin doesn't allow parents on the sideline, you must be a player, coach, or working the game. It is strictly enforced and the whole reason the parent was referred to as an assistant coach in the media is because he had lied and said he was an assistant coach to get on the field.

It seems that this wasnt the first time that a conference has had trouble with Bell County. My advice is next time when your team decides to repeatedly dissrepect other teams and act oblivious to any of their indiscretions, take some responsibilty dont pawn it off on someone else.
After reviewing my previous statement i would like to clear up something that might be taken the wrong way. I referred to your "team" when i mentioned disrespect. What i meant and should have said is Coaching Staff. You have an amazing group of young athletes. Best of luck to you next year and hopefully you will find a good conference.
Pages: 1 2