Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Micah Johnson to return for senior season at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Kentucky defense received some good news Friday when junior linebacker Micah Johnson announced he was returning for his senior season.

The 6-foot-2, 250-pound Johnson was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference selection by the league's coaches and had 93 tackles and 12.5 tackles for loss on the season.

Johnson will be the only returning starter at linebacker for the Cats in 2009, as the unit is losing seniors Braxton Kelley (team-high 98 tackles) and Johnny Williams (39 tackles, team-high five sacks).

UK is still awaiting word on two other juniors who are considering entering the NFL Draft, cornerback Trevard Lindley and defensive end Jeremy Jarmon.

http://www.kentucky.com/817/story/652389.html
:Thumbs: This is great news for UK fans and IMO, a very smart move by Micah to continue his education.
Great to hear that Micah is going to come back, I hope that Lindley and Jarmon follow his lead. If those three come back, we should have a very, very solid Defense next year.
Great news for the Cats
WE REALLY NEED YOU TO STAY TREVARD!!!!!! I cannot wait to see this UK team next year! I think Johnson and company knows that this next season might be one of the crucial seasons in UK football history! We are SO CLOSE to turning the corner and reaching that next step! And this is a VERY GOOD START!
This is really good to hear. I wonder about the other two.
Good to hear, now if we can get Lindley and the rest we will be in business.
Glad to see Johnson coming back. I read his comments how he was coming back to finish with his brother,and how he wanted to be a part of taking the program to the next step.Im just wondering if his drat position had anything to do with it.For whatever reason, glad to see him coming back:Cheerlead
Great News!
I think the fact that trevard has not announced anything yet is a pretty good sign that he is going to be returning to UK.
Awesome news.
Lets Go To The Top
With all the joinors returning the UK D should be once again I one of the best in the country.
like i said in the jarmon thread the D looks better with thread lol