Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida - Unanimous #1???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida is the unanimous #1 in the final polls, so they are the concensus #1 in the country.

AP Final Pol:
1. Florida
2. Utah
3. USC
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma

USA Today:
1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Utah
5. Oklahoma

However, if you look at the final BCS standings, not rankings, as calculated as of 2:00 am, we find that Oklahoma is #1. Seems that after all the calculations of the polls, strength of schedule, etc..., Oklahoma garners enough points to be the #1 team in the BCS standinds. Interesting???

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

1. Oklahoma
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. USC
All I can say is we need a play-off system very bad!!!!!
why is utah in from of usc in the AP poll?
Dirty Birdy 2012 Wrote:why is utah in from of usc in the AP poll?
Because Utah finished the season undefeated and beat Alabama in their bowl game. Pretty impressive team this year to say the least.

Because Oregon State beat USC and Utah beat Oregon State. And Utah went undefeated beating Alabama in the Suger Bowl.
yeah but USC in my opinion is the best team in the country even though i hate them..
I still think Utah got hosed.
FBALL Wrote:I still think Utah got hosed.

IMO Utah, Texas, USC all have a legit argument. I honestly believe in a playoff format, USC would have come out on top. I agree with the argument above though placing Utah ahead of USC in the rankings because of the like-opponent game with Oregon St.

It's a pipe dream to think we are going to have a playoff though. The worst thing happened with Florida getting the nod in both polls. If Utah or USC would have been voted as the AP #1, thus creating a split champion, the argument could have been pushed and possibly listened to.

A split National Championship would continue the splintering of the BCS system. Each year a playoff gains more supporters and another split championship would likely continue that trend. Eventually, one has to believe that the college presidents would agree to a playoff system of some kind.
Guys, quit with the Utah stuff. Texas and USC are legit teams. Utah plays NO ONE throughout the year, and beat an overrated Alabama team without their best defensive player. USC got upset (fluke), Texas got beat on a last second B.S touchdown, and Florida is the National Champions. I agree there needs to be a playoff, but no matter who they would have played, I see florida winning the championship. Utah would have been ran off the field by any of these 3 teams.
No Kentucky in the top 3? I mean, they beat East Carolina for goodness sakes.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys, quit with the Utah stuff. Texas and USC are legit teams. Utah plays NO ONE throughout the year, and beat an overrated Alabama team without their best defensive player. USC got upset (fluke), Texas got beat on a last second B.S touchdown, and Florida is the National Champions. I agree there needs to be a playoff, but no matter who they would have played, I see florida winning the championship. Utah would have been ran off the field by any of these 3 teams.

So, in other words, you don't think Utah is deserving of such a high ranking :p
FBALL Wrote:I still think Utah got hosed.

If Utah played in the SEC, they would be 7-4 MAYBE and going to the Music City Bowl...

I'm tired of a team playing in a weak conference all year, with maybe a couple of tough games all year, beating a team from a top conference which has got beat and banged on all year.

Utah = whiners
Stardust Wrote:So, in other words, you don't think Utah is deserving of such a high ranking :p

exactly.. they don't deserve in the top 10 IMO i dont care if they did go undefeated. Like someone else said, if they played in the SEC or BIG 12 they would be an average team at best
They should be but I believe the BCS should create a playoff system for the top 8 teams (so we could still use the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange Bowls) and have them go at each other until one team emerges.
But, still be able to use the rest of the bowls for all of the other teams.
personally, i think there are WAY too many bowls.. no one wants to see these horrible teams play each other for a bowl game. it is just a waste of time. they should change the bowl eligibility to 8 or 9 wins IMO

cause usc sucks. they are overrated and they always play thier bowl games at home which is unfair.
BCF4L Wrote:No Kentucky in the top 3? I mean, they beat East Carolina for goodness sakes.

Lol I know what you mean man. There is something up. And I will find out what it is!!Smile
runninrebs21 Wrote:personally, i think there are WAY too many bowls.. no one wants to see these horrible teams play each other for a bowl game. it is just a waste of time. they should change the bowl eligibility to 8 or 9 wins IMO

So are you saying that 6-6 teams don't give exciting games to watch? I thought the UK game was fantastic, and it had a 6-6 team(UK) and a 9-5(east carolina) team competing in it.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:So are you saying that 6-6 teams don't give exciting games to watch? I thought the UK game was fantastic, and it had a 6-6 team(UK) and a 9-5(east carolina) team competing in it.

I understand both sides of this argument. The UK match-up was a good game, but I think most expected a 6-6 SEC team to beat any team from Conference USA. I'm sure the same sentiment was the reason why Utah was not given a chance to play in the BCS championship game.