Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Tebow go Pro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
No, he'll be back next season. He's having too much fun at Florida to leave now.
Nope He comes back
I love Tebow, no bigger fan than me. But Tebow is not an NFL QB. It would be easy to be blinded by a game like tonight, but his throwing skills are not NFL. If all he had to do was throw 20 yard down and outs, he'd be alright. He came into Florida as a player who could not throw the long ball. You can't play NFL QB without throwing post, flag and streak patterns.

I'd love to see him find a place in the NFL, but I just don't see what it would be.
He comes back to a youthful Gator squad and has a good chance to win his second Heisman and 3rd National Championship.
Stardust Wrote:I love Tebow, no bigger fan than me. But Tebow is not an NFL QB. It would be easy to be blinded by a game like tonight, but his throwing skills are not NFL. If all he had to do was throw 20 yard down and outs, he'd be alright. He came into Florida as a player who could not throw the long ball. You can't play NFL QB without throwing post, flag and streak patterns.

I'd love to see him find a place in the NFL, but I just don't see what it would be.

Why wouldn't he be a NFL QB? He about had the same throwing numbers as Bradford. He had less incompletions and his 10th straight game throwing 2+ TD passes? And only 4 INT's the whole year. I would say that he would be a fine NFl QB.
he will be back.
Stardust Wrote:I love Tebow, no bigger fan than me. But Tebow is not an NFL QB. It would be easy to be blinded by a game like tonight, but his throwing skills are not NFL. If all he had to do was throw 20 yard down and outs, he'd be alright. He came into Florida as a player who could not throw the long ball. You can't play NFL QB without throwing post, flag and streak patterns.

Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Why wouldn't he be a NFL QB? He about had the same throwing numbers as Bradford. He had less incompletions and his 10th straight game throwing 2+ TD passes? And only 4 INT's the whole year. I would say that he would be a fine NFl QB.

Throwing numbers do not equate to the ability of throwing downfield. If college passing yardage and TD's are the barometer of a great NFL QB, then would Timmy Chang, Ty Dettmer be in the HOF?

Don't get me worng, I am a Tebow fan, but his primary weakness is his ability to throw an accurate downfield pass. If Tebow makes it in the NFL, it will be as a Tight-End or an H-Back, not as a 1st string NFL QB.

He goes before the NFL review board within the next couple of weeks. I would guess that if he comes back to college next season, we will know what he was told at the review board.
he takes the NFL money and becomes a big Flop... Mark my words!
He'll be back..
he isa great college QB.but i thinkhe will be a NFL TE i think
I think he stays.
he will stay i think it bothered him to much that he didn't win the heisman and he also wants that 3rd national title

I agree. There really is no place for his style of QB in the NFL. I wish him the best of luck though!
I dont think that he will leave.
I Hope
Who would leave the place they are considered a god?
Staying a GATOR
He will be back.
I think he stays. He made a few amazing NFL throws, but he also made a few what are you thinking throws. The draft will be full of 1st round qbs this year and coming out wouldn't be a good idea. He needs to shorten his delivery and work on a few things before he goes. Plus 3 national championships and a Heisman would put him down as one of the all-time greats. Great intagibles for any team but I think he needs one more year.
Nope..He stays!!!! Tebow might just be my all time favorite collge football player! He is A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER who seems to have the best time and it shows! He enjoys every aspect of what college has to offer with a RIGHT head on his shoulder!
He'll probably be back for another year, but I really don't see him being much of a pro football player, but I hope that will change because he seems like a very good guy.
He will stay i think, but to be honest i think he will end up being a good NFL player no matter what position he plays. Look at Mike Vick, he didnt have half the arm tebow has, and isnt as strong, and he did pretty well until he got put in jail lol. With Tebows passion and emotion, he will be a great addition to any team.
No way he will go.
Tebow comes back. I wouldn't mind seeing him play TE in the NFL and run over Ray Lewis, Harrison, Merriman and others a few times, god knows he's just as big and as strong as they are, College Gameday had Tebow listed at benching over 500 pounds, boy is a flat out brute.
runninrebs21 Wrote:He will stay i think, but to be honest i think he will end up being a good NFL player no matter what position he plays. Look at Mike Vick, he didnt have half the arm tebow has, and isnt as strong, and he did pretty well until he got put in jail lol. With Tebows passion and emotion, he will be a great addition to any team.

Mike Vick has a great arm and in my opinion it is stronger than Tebow's. Besides that I think Tebow will end up being something of a utility back, running back/reciever/blocking back/ and he would be awesome for some trick plays.

However, the only thing I worry about is a guy by the name of Eric Crouch. He was kinda in the same place Tebow is, although i do think Tebow is a better player than Crouch was, but they tried to move him to reciever and he couldn't do it and he ended up retiring early within a year of getting drafted.
He will be back for his senior year, but I herd he didnt wanna go to the NFL though because he will be doing Misionary's or something, just what I herd!
Stardust Wrote:Throwing numbers do not equate to the ability of throwing downfield. If college passing yardage and TD's are the barometer of a great NFL QB, then would Timmy Chang, Ty Dettmer be in the HOF?

Don't get me worng, I am a Tebow fan, but his primary weakness is his ability to throw an accurate downfield pass. If Tebow makes it in the NFL, it will be as a Tight-End or an H-Back, not as a 1st string NFL QB.

He goes before the NFL review board within the next couple of weeks. I would guess that if he comes back to college next season, we will know what he was told at the review board.

So if you are a Tebow fan like you say you are, then you obviously watched them play in the national championship game right? Did you miss the throw to David Nelson just over the LB and in front of the safety the only place it could have been. I have watched every game Florida played this year and I am still unsure as to why Mel Kiper won't give Tebow any credit as far as being a pro QB, I think he's been very accurate downfiield. If you were an owner you wouldn't want him as your QB? I wouldn't let him run as much, but he is a proven winner, very tough and a high character kid. I think because of the offense he plays in, that his throwing is a little underestimated. If I was an owner I would want him. I think he'll stay another year because there are millions of difference in the first and third round, but we all know how these pro workouts if they happen can change things. IMO Tebow, IF he gets the right fit in the pros will be a very good pro QB.
tigerfan13 Wrote:So if you are a Tebow fan like you say you are, then you obviously watched them play in the national championship game right? Did you miss the throw to David Nelson just over the LB and in front of the safety the only place it could have been. I have watched every game Florida played this year and I am still unsure as to why Mel Kiper won't give Tebow any credit as far as being a pro QB, I think he's been very accurate downfiield. If you were an owner you wouldn't want him as your QB? I wouldn't let him run as much, but he is a proven winner, very tough and a high character kid. I think because of the offense he plays in, that his throwing is a little underestimated. If I was an owner I would want him. I think he'll stay another year because there are millions of difference in the first and third round, but we all know how these pro workouts if they happen can change things. IMO Tebow, IF he gets the right fit in the pros will be a very good pro QB.

I would definetely want him on my team if i were an owner, but not as quarterback, unfortunately the option is a lost art in the NFL and without it Tebow is lost. He is a proven winner and tough as nails, so I would most definetely want him on my team.
NO