Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 24 - Oklahoma 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Florida wins, but did it win them a National Championship?

Any possibility of a split vote (Utah, USC)?

Did Tebow prove he was the uncrowned Heisman winner?

Urban wins his second championship. Is he a great coach?

Did Bradford hurt his stock in any way?

Stoops loses again. Choke or the better team won?
Harvin did an incredible job. He came into the game banged up, and is leaving even more so. The kid showed tremendous heart.

Tebow had an incredible 2nd half. He took over the game and proved that he is the best college football player in the country. He has also built a case to finish as maybe the best college football player ever. Should he come back next year, and Florida wins again plus wins the Heisman (both are possible), he may well be remembered as teh best ever.
Congrats Florida....the better team won tonight..no Bradford had a good game...they said just a second ago that he was in the top 5 best players ever in College Football history
i think florida is just tough and put them up agaisnt any team...Tim Tebow is a great player on and off the field and plays with so much heart i think he shouldve won the heisman again...he did keep his word after the first loss of the season...but takiing nothing away from Sam Bradford...and it was a good game though
Another Championship for Florida and the SEC.

I think the AP may give the Utes a piece of the title. I aske in the other thread. Anybody else see the irony in Utah and Florida splitting the National Title.

Tebow is the man. He should have won the heisman.

I don't think Bradford hurt his stock any. He threw some phenomenal passes in that game.

The best team won. Florida just has more speed than anyone else in the country on defense.
Congrats to the Gators and the SEC(no.1 confrence).
FBALL Wrote:Another Championship for Florida and the SEC.

I think the AP may give the Utes a piece of the title. I aske in the other thread. Anybody else see the irony in Utah and Florida splitting the National Title.
Tebow is the man. He should have won the heisman.

I don't think Bradford hurt his stock any. He threw some phenomenal passes in that game.

The best team one. Florida just has more speed than anyone else in the country on defense.

Two irony's that I see with Utah being in the conversation.

1. Urban Meyer brought Utah to national prominance and left the program in a position to play with anyone in the nation.

2. Utah's undefeated record, beating Bama by considerably more than Florida, would only prove to the voters that the current system does not work.

I think Florida has more speed in every aspect of the game than anyone else. I think their waterboys were even faster....
Gator Nation baby!! Tim Tebow is awesome. By far the best player in the country and one of the best to ever play the game. He took control of this game. 200+ yards passing and 100 yards rushing, he dominated. He deserved the Heisman. And he also showed that he would be one of the better QB's in the Big 12. Harvin made some amazing plays tonight. To think Tim wasn't gonna win this game is dumb!! The SEC is once again, the dominant conference.
2nd quarter, 7-7, ball INSIDE the Florida ONE, and you motion your tight end to one side, run Chris Brown to the weak side (where the tight end just left), and it was Chris Brown's 4th straight carry, and the previous 3 were gains of 17, 5, and 3- he's gotta be tired. Why wouldn't you run a QB sneak from inside the ONE??

That's ok because we still have fourth down and less than one, we can QB sneak here, right? Nope, let's give to Chris Brown AGAIN...... how stupid can you be?

So, instead of taking 3, you get 0, which I wouldn't have kicked it either, but I also wouldn't have made those stupid play calls.

Later 2nd quarter, 1st and goal at the Florida 6, line 3 up to one side, and one wide to the top (I believe it was Gresham), and they play everyone to the side with 3 wide, leaving that corner on an island, and he wasn't playing tight!!! The receiver ran a curl, stopping just inside the goal line, and the corner was 2 yards deep in the endzone- Bradford doesn't even look to that side of the field, he throws into coverage and gets intercepted.

Maybe I'm not NFL Hall of Fame Coach smart, but those seemed pretty obvious to me, am I wrong??
The was a boring game to watch...... I think it shows this season how bad college football needs a playoff system bad.... But that will never happen because of all the money...... Anyways there isnt a clear cut National Champ IMO..... There are a few schools that could lay claim to the title.... Texas, USC, Utah are the top 3.
Stardust Wrote:Two irony's that I see with Utah being in the conversation.

1. Urban Meyer brought Utah to national prominance and left the program in a position to play with anyone in the nation.

2. Utah's undefeated record, beating Bama by considerably more than Florida, would only prove to the voters that the current system does not work.

I think Florida has more speed in every aspect of the game than anyone else. I think their waterboys were even faster....
OK at least one other person sees it.:thumpsup:
What do you mean, did it win them a National Championship?

Of course it did!
BFritz Wrote:2nd quarter, 7-7, ball INSIDE the Florida ONE, and you motion your tight end to one side, run Chris Brown to the weak side (where the tight end just left), and it was Chris Brown's 4th straight carry, and the previous 3 were gains of 17, 5, and 3- he's gotta be tired. Why wouldn't you run a QB sneak from inside the ONE??

That's ok because we still have fourth down and less than one, we can QB sneak here, right? Nope, let's give to Chris Brown AGAIN...... how stupid can you be?

So, instead of taking 3, you get 0, which I wouldn't have kicked it either, but I also wouldn't have made those stupid play calls.

Later 2nd quarter, 1st and goal at the Florida 6, line 3 up to one side, and one wide to the top (I believe it was Gresham), and they play everyone to the side with 3 wide, leaving that corner on an island, and he wasn't playing tight!!! The receiver ran a curl, stopping just inside the goal line, and the corner was 2 yards deep in the endzone- Bradford doesn't even look to that side of the field, he throws into coverage and gets intercepted.

Maybe I'm not NFL Hall of Fame Coach smart, but those seemed pretty obvious to me, am I wrong??
I didn't have a problem with running Brown on 3rd down but to motion the tight end and run misdirection I thought was dumb. The need that extra lead block down there on the goal line.
One thing that drove me nuts in this game was the shovel pass.

Florida should have been flagged for an ineligible man down field every time they ran it. It is still a pass and there were offensive linemen down field on every one of them.
FBALL Wrote:One thing that drove me nuts in this game was the shovel pass.

Florida should have been flagged for an ineligible man down field every time they ran it. It is still a pass and there were offensive linemen down field on every one of them.

Very true. I noticed this as well.

Stop begging :ChairHit: jk

outdoorsman43 Wrote:Very true. I noticed this as well.

I just found this:

College and pro rules, with regard to ineligible linemen downfield, are different. The pro rule restricts linemen from advancing beyond the line of scrimmage until the ball leaves the passer's hand, whether or not the pass crosses the line of scrimmage.

The college rule only restricts linemen on passes that go beyond the line of scrimmage. On screen passes, under NCAA rules, linemen can advance beyond the line at the snap without penalty.

A shovel pass is considered a screen pass, thus the "behind the line of scrimmage" rule applies.
Chomp! Chomp!!! Champs!!!!!!
Wasn't as high scoring as what everybody thought it was going to be.
Stardust Wrote:I just found this:

College and pro rules, with regard to ineligible linemen downfield, are different. The pro rule restricts linemen from advancing beyond the line of scrimmage until the ball leaves the passer's hand, whether or not the pass crosses the line of scrimmage.

The college rule only restricts linemen on passes that go beyond the line of scrimmage. On screen passes, under NCAA rules, linemen can advance beyond the line at the snap without penalty.

A shovel pass is considered a screen pass, thus the "behind the line of scrimmage" rule applies.
I did not realize that. I believe the high school rule requires linemen to stay until the pass is thrown.
Huge congrats to the Gators....I believe Bradford just choked and the Gators defense just shut him down...You could tell he was putting himself under so much pressure last night; I believe he could have done so much better had he not been so stressed... Tebow played a great game...he was able to show the strength he had as a player and as a leader...Late in the game, Tebow was able to push the ball directly in the face of OU and come out on top..... I'm just so surprised that the Sooners were not able to capitalize on the penalties called on Trautwine all night long...I expected more from a senior player
Batpuff Wrote:The was a boring game to watch...... I think it shows this season how bad college football needs a playoff system bad.... But that will never happen because of all the money...... Anyways there isnt a clear cut National Champ IMO..... There are a few schools that could lay claim to the title.... Texas, USC, Utah are the top 3.

Woah Woah Woah, Florida beat 2 #1 teams in the country and you think these are the top 3 teams? You may the the most biased person against Florida ever!

Way to go Tebow, you deserved the Heisman, you showed all of the Gator Haters what was up, and you showed why you would definitely be one of the best QB's in the big 12.

I can't believe people didn't think he would have been a top QB in the big 12. If you have 3 QB's from your conference in contention for the Hesiman, what does that say about your conference's defense? GARBAGE
Way to go Florida! I'm not a big Gators fan but I am a big Tebow fan.
Anybody notice when Tebow took his helmet off and didn't get flagged?
BFritz Wrote:Anybody notice when Tebow took his helmet off and didn't get flagged?

I did see that. Your observation does dictate a penalty flag. I'm trying to remember, was there a timeout called though? If there was an official timeout on the field, you can remove your helmit.
BFritz Wrote:Anybody notice when Tebow took his helmet off and didn't get flagged?

Are you going to penalize a guy with John 3:16 on his eye black? That's like asking God to smite you.
Florida is the one and only national champ. They held the #1 offense in the nation with a Heisman QB to just 14 points. Tebow made the big plays when it counted along with Harvin playing hurt. Ill tell you right now why no team has an arguement.

Texas-It wasnt that they lost to Texas Tech. It was that Oklahoma just decimated the same Texas Tech team 2 weeks later. Having to rally late to beat a severely overated Ohio State team in the Fiesta Bowl didnt help their cause either. Had Texas whipped up on the Buckeyes they could have had a better argument.

Utah-Three Words: Strength Of Schedule. Yes they are a good team but they caught an overconfident Bama team off guard. Like others have said all year if Utah was in an actual BCS conference(Other than the Big 10 LOL!) they wouldnt be undefeated or wnet to the Sugar Bowl.

The only team IMO that will have any chance at an AP national title would be USC and its happened before but they havent played the level of competition that either Florida or Oklahoma played this year. Only losing 1 game in the SEC or Big 12 is the equivalent of going undefeated in the Pac 10 and USC didnt do that.

C'mon Obama put your money where your mouth is. LOL!
Stardust Wrote:I did see that. Your observation does dictate a penalty flag. I'm trying to remember, was there a timeout called though? If there was an official timeout on the field, you can remove your helmit.
No timeout, and he did it once more in the huddle. But you are forgetting that Tim Tebow is not playing by the same set of rules as everyone else. He is "superman". The comment was made that if you spend 5 to 20 minutes with Tim Tebow your life be better because of it. Give me an effing breaking. The man-love for Tebow is disturbing. I couldn't bare to listen to the constant, constant is an understatement, slurping of Tebow. It was beyond ridiculous. The man can play football. He is not the second coming of Jesus. Even though most would like to believe that.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No timeout, and he did it once more in the huddle. But you are forgetting that Tim Tebow is not playing by the same set of rules as everyone else. He is "superman". The comment was made that if you spend 5 to 20 minutes with Tim Tebow your life be better because of it. Give me an effing breaking. The man-love for Tebow is disturbing. I couldn't bare to listen to the constant, constant is an understatement, slurping of Tebow. It was beyond ridiculous. The man can play football. He is not the second coming of Jesus. Even though most would like to believe that.
I bet if he played for the 'noles youd be gushing about him too.
Good Job Gators..The SEC prevails once again
Pages: 1 2