Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ohio State: Unlucky or Choke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With an early lead, missed opportunities, and a heartbreaking finish, Ohio State lost its third consecutive BCS bowl game Monday night, taking a 24-21 hit from Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

Ever since OSU's win, which many call controversial, against Miami, OSU has not had much luck in Bowl games under Tressel. What are your opinions why?
I'm going to say choke. Personally I think Tressel is overrated as a coach.

Except for the kicker since he is from the state of Kentucky and may have the best leg in college football.

I wish UK would've recruited him.
Choke , they can't win the big one.
Chokee.
Well last year was a choke and the year before was too, but this year, texas was the MUCH better team it shouldnt have been even close in the 1st place. But they should have went into this year back to back champs
Big Ten football is overrated as a whole IMO. Personally, I think the BCS bowls (Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Orange bowls) should be for the #3 ranked BCS team thru the #10 BCS ranked team and those teams ONLY. I may be wrong but was Ohio State even ranked in the top 10 of the BCS rankings. I know Virginia Tech and Cincy weren't, they got in a BCS bowl cause they won their conference. I just dont understand having BCS rankings if they aren't gonna put all the top 10 teams in the games.
Redneck Wrote:Big Ten football is overrated as a whole IMO. Personally, I think the BCS bowls (Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Orange bowls) should be for the #3 ranked BCS team thru the #10 BCS ranked team and those teams ONLY. I may be wrong but was Ohio State even ranked in the top 10 of the BCS rankings. I know Virginia Tech and Cincy weren't, they got in a BCS bowl cause they won their conference. I just dont understand having BCS rankings if they aren't gonna put all the top 10 teams in the games.
Tell that to Steve Spurrier.Smile
Redneck Wrote:Big Ten football is overrated as a whole IMO. Personally, I think the BCS bowls (Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Orange bowls) should be for the #3 ranked BCS team thru the #10 BCS ranked team and those teams ONLY. I may be wrong but was Ohio State even ranked in the top 10 of the BCS rankings. I know Virginia Tech and Cincy weren't, they got in a BCS bowl cause they won their conference. I just dont understand having BCS rankings if they aren't gonna put all the top 10 teams in the games.

yeah they were ranked 10th
choke.....as we all seen last night....i think their defense is way too overrated....
Stardust Wrote:With an early lead, missed opportunities, and a heartbreaking finish, Ohio State lost its third consecutive BCS bowl game Monday night, taking a 24-21 hit from Texas in the Fiesta Bowl.

Ever since OSU's win, which many call controversial, against Miami, OSU has not had much luck in Bowl games under Tressel. What are your opinions why?

ohio state has won 3 bcs since that national title game so when you say they haven't had much luck that inst true. This includes hammering kansas state in the 2003 fiesta bowl and a win over notre dame and brady quinn by 2 tds in the 2005 fiesta bowl.......they have lost 3 straight now, and 2006 was def. a choke. florida was ready to play and osu wasn't, last year lsu just had a better team and this year it took the heisman runner up and a texas team that easily couldve been in the national title game a last second drive to win............It wasn't a choke job or unlucky, just a good texas team who had the ball last. over 90% of voters picked texas to win this game and they were a 2 td favorite so they def. did not choke
Big Ten went 1-7 in bowl games. South Carolina just isnt that good, one of the worst teams in the SEC.
I dont care what any of you say Ohio State is a great team and tressel is doing a great job its hard to beat Colt Mcoy and the refs 2 you guys can say what you want but if you have anything to say then start raggin on kentucky and maybe they might be able to Play in a BCS bowl someday instead of playing in these small bowls aginst these slack Division 2 Teams GO BUCKS:redboxer:
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:I dont care what any of you say Ohio State is a great team and tressel is doing a great job its hard to beat Colt Mcoy and the refs 2 you guys can say what you want but if you have anything to say then start raggin on kentucky and maybe they might be able to Play in a BCS bowl someday instead of playing in these small bowls aginst these slack Division 2 Teams GO BUCKS:redboxer:

A great team that played in the national championship game the previous two years, was the FAVORITE in both games but got SMACKED AROUND by 2 different SEC teams. Ohio State shouldn't have been in the national championship last year and shouldn't have been in a BCS game this year. As for Kentucky, it has never really been known for its football, it's a basketball school, the football program is still in a buildin process, and 3 consecutive bowl appearances/wins is only helpin that program. Ohio State on the other hand is a football, always has been. There is a reason they get top recruits and a team like Kentucky doesn't.
Redneck Wrote:A great team that played in the national championship game the previous two years, was the FAVORITE in both games but got SMACKED AROUND by 2 different SEC teams. Ohio State shouldn't have been in the national championship last year and shouldn't have been in a BCS game this year. As for Kentucky, it has never really been known for its football, it's a basketball school, the football program is still in a buildin process, and 3 consecutive bowl appearances/wins is only helpin that program. Ohio State on the other hand is a football, always has been. There is a reason they get top recruits and a team like Kentucky doesn't.

yeah well the SEC is the most dominate confrence in collage football and all the teams are stacked look at florida but yeah Kentucky is a basketball school and there sure showing it this year :lmao:

Thats we produce teams for bowl games every year, we don't win every game every year but we get them in there. Every conference has there ups and downs year in year out.
the SEC has had a team in the National Championship game 3 out of the last six years in 2003 with LSU 2006 LSU and 2007 Florida and also this year with Florida which makes it 4 out of the last 7 years. i believe that the SEC has proved its dominance.
I would agree that the SEC has been the premier conference of the new decade. And as an SEC fan, I am happy that the SEC has been in and won the National Championship game. Though, I feel cheated to know if the title is deserved.

The SEC puts as many or more teams into the NCAA tourney each year, but with the exceptions of Florida, we have not proved that we are the best conference in tournament play.

Give me a BCS playoffs to prove the real champion. A game that is to be considered championship, should not be based on a computer rating. So far, the BCS rankings have only been "half right"

Right:
Fiesta Bowl: #3 Texas over OSU
Rose Bowl: #5 USC over #8 PSU

Wrong:
Orange Bowl: #19 Va. Tech over # 12 UC
Sugar Bowl: #6 Utah over #4 Bama

So what makes us feel confident that the BCS championship is deserved or not. IMO, USC is the best team in the country. I also thought the Bama should not have dropped to 4, but Utah has proved that 4 wasn't low enough.
Redneck Wrote:A great team that played in the national championship game the previous two years, was the FAVORITE in both games but got SMACKED AROUND by 2 different SEC teams. Ohio State shouldn't have been in the national championship last year and shouldn't have been in a BCS game this year. As for Kentucky, it has never really been known for its football, it's a basketball school, the football program is still in a buildin process, and 3 consecutive bowl appearances/wins is only helpin that program. Ohio State on the other hand is a football, always has been. There is a reason they get top recruits and a team like Kentucky doesn't.

they were not the favorite against lsu
[quote=FBALL]I'm going to say choke. Personally I think Tressel is overrated as a coach.

Except for the kicker since he is from the state of Kentucky and may have the best leg in college football.

I wish UK would've recruited him.[/QUOTE]

Me too. He has a great leg.
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:I dont care what any of you say Ohio State is a great team and tressel is doing a great job its hard to beat Colt Mcoy and the refs 2 you guys can say what you want but if you have anything to say then start raggin on kentucky and maybe they might be able to Play in a BCS bowl someday instead of playing in these small bowls aginst these slack Division 2 Teams GO BUCKS:redboxer:

I would much rather play in a small bowl and get a win, than play in a BCS game and get humiliated for 3 straight years.

Yes, Ohio State has choked the past 3 seasons. They are OVERRATED. They are in the weakest conference in the nation. They wouldn't stand a chance in the SEC, Big 12, or even the ACC.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:I would much rather play in a small bowl and get a win, than play in a BCS game and get humiliated for 3 straight years.

Yes, Ohio State has choked the past 3 seasons. They are OVERRATED. They are in the weakest conference in the nation. They wouldn't stand a chance in the SEC, Big 12, or even the ACC.

Only a UK fan would say that. I would either lose a BCS game, and get the 500K from it. Then play in a small bowl and beat a small team. With 500K you can get more player with that, then the 50K that UK get in there bowl. What is that one player for UK, and Ohio St. can get 10 players with there bowl money.
I think it was both, Ohio St play good in that game. Everone think Texas will beat Ohio St. by 3tds or more.
We all knew after the last 2 years that OSU cant compete with SEC schools. This just proves they cant compete with the Big 12 either.
They choked, that's all their is to say, but then again, the Big Ten is very weak as their bowl record shows and once you get them playing against Pac 10, Big 12 or the SEC, they just can't compete. I have to blame this on the Buckeyes coach because he just doesn't impress me, even though he has a national title, and has a great regular season record, but his teams fold when they are under pressure.