Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky's Starting Line-up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We are heading into SEC play now, after all these non-conference games we've played, what should the starting 5 look like?

F- Perry Stevenson
F- Patrick Patterson
SF- Kevin Galloway
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Michael Porter
I'm going to go with a different lineup just to create matchup problems. UK turns the ball over too much regardless so I'm going to sacrifice ballhandling for size.

Patterson
Stevenson
Harrellson
Meeks
Porter
This would be my lineup and first people off the bench.
Patterson-C
Stevenson-PF
Liggins-G
Meeks-G
Porter-PG

Bench
Miller
Harrelson
Harris
Galloway
i'm glad people are finally starting to recognize porter for the heart that he plays with.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:i'm glad people are finally starting to recognize porter for the heart that he plays with.
Me too.

But somebody is going to get on here and start bashing him. I really don't understand it.
heres mine
PG-Porter
SG-Meeks
SF-Miller
PF-Stevenson
PF-Patterson

I only start miller because I believe he plays smart and who else is their plus I think his play will devlop soon to.
My line up may change from time to time depending on the team I was playing. However, no matter what the match up, Patterson, Meeks, and Stevenson would be starting. I would switch in and out between Porter and Liggins. Miller and Galloway would also be thrown back into the mix. I think Harris needs a little more practice time since his injury. He doesn't look 100%. I do know that Harrelson and Slone would be in the game. I doubted Slone for quite some time, but defense does win ballgames, and no he may not be the fastest player, but he can position himself to stop anyone. He has a smart game about him. His heart and hussle also get the other players clicking. I would say if he is what it takes to get the team clicking on all cylinders like he did against the other teams, then I say put him in, let him do it again.
FBALL Wrote:I'm going to go with a different lineup just to create matchup problems. UK turns the ball over too much regardless so I'm going to sacrifice ballhandling for size.

Patterson
Stevenson
Harrellson
Meeks
Porter

A healthy Harris would replace Harrellson for me. I'd rather see Harrellson off the bench than at the start.

FBALL - at least on the comments so far, no one has kicked Porter out of the starting line-up. I'm sure it's coming though Big Grin
F- Perry Stevenson
F- Patrick Patterson
SF- Kevin Galloway
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Michael Porter
Porter
Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Patterson.. just get the ball to him, good things happen

Liggins,Miller, Harrellson, Slone ( I like the way he plays, minimal turnovers, good shooter, and plays with heart.. something we need more of at uk)
Impressive Wrote:Porter
Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Patterson.. just get the ball to him, good things happen

Liggins,Miller, Harrellson, Slone ( I like the way he plays, minimal turnovers, good shooter, and plays with heart.. something we need more of at uk)

I think that every Ky resident would love to see Slone play, but he's not ready for D1 basketball yet.
Stardust Wrote:I think that every Ky resident would love to see Slone play, but he's not ready for D1 basketball yet.

Agreed he aint but, Slone can play some good defense and bring and be a momentum changer.:Thumbs:
Well here should be the lineup if they want to contend in the SEC.

PG- Liggins
SG- Meeks
SF- Miller
PF- Stevenson
C- Patterson

And if they plan on another tough season they will start Porter and let him take the team out of contention.
Money Maker Wrote:Well here should be the lineup if they want to contend in the SEC.

PG- Liggins
SG- Meeks
SF- Miller
PF- Stevenson
C- Patterson

And if they plan on another tough season they will start Porter and let him take the team out of contention.

What has Liggins done to prove that he deserves the be the PG? Statistically, can it be proved that Liggins can do a better job than Porter? All this talk of Porter not being the right choice is all personal conjecture with no proven basis other than a pure dislike for Porter.

Liggins (or any other player who has played the Point this year), has done any better job than Porter in:

1. Driving & Dishing
2. Dishing to Patterson
3. Defense
4. Turnovers

He has done one thing that no one else in this forum who knocks him will acknowledge: He has proven himself to his coach and his teammates that he deserves the be the #1 PG. Patterson and Meeks have been extremely complimentary of his play. BG WOULD NOT play him if he was not the right person.

So, either Patterson, Meeks and Billie G are idiots, or those of the opinion th....... well, I need not say more Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:What has Liggins done to prove that he deserves the be the PG? Statistically, can it be proved that Liggins can do a better job than Porter? All this talk of Porter not being the right choice is all personal conjecture with no proven basis other than a pure dislike for Porter.

Liggins (or any other player who has played the Point this year), has done any better job than Porter in:

1. Driving & Dishing
2. Dishing to Patterson
3. Defense
4. Turnovers

He has done one thing that no one else in this forum who knocks him will acknowledge: He has proven himself to his coach and his teammates that he deserves the be the #1 PG. Patterson and Meeks have been extremely complimentary of his play. BG WOULD NOT play him if he was not the right person.

So, either Patterson, Meeks and Billie G are idiots, or those of the opinion th....... well, I need not say more Big Grin

Well I know what I'm talking about so I guess all 3 of those guys are idiots because PORTER is probably the worst player on the entire team. :Thumbs:
Rolleyes
It's a shame that we have the wrong people at the university, becasue all of the programs intelligence resides outside of it
Money Maker Wrote:Well I know what I'm talking about so I guess all 3 of those guys are idiots because PORTER is probably the worst player on the entire team. :Thumbs:

And your proof is where? :p
Porter's last few games have been great, and he has ran the point really well and is consistently one of our best defenders.

Louisville - 8 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 0 turnovers
Central Mich. - 12 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 4 turnovers
FAU - 2 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 turnover
Tenn. State - 0 points, 7 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover
Appalachian St. - 3 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 turnover

In the last 5 games Porter has 21 assists and 7 turnovers. (3:1)
Stardust Wrote:And your proof is where? :p

Where do I start?? He guarded SOSA last game and SOSA came in the game averaging 5 points a game and scored 18 against us. He had 5-7 feet to shoot the game winning shot. The reason Porter didnt have any turnovers is because he dont dribble the ball after its passed to him. He thinks he is playing "HOT POTATO" because he gets rid of it without trying to do anything with it. :Thumbs:
alfus21 Wrote:Porter's last few games have been great, and he has ran the point really well and is consistently one of our best defenders.

1 assist!!! MY point proven!! Big Grin
Money Maker Wrote:1 assist!!! MY point proven!! Big Grin

0 turnovers.
alfus21 Wrote:0 turnovers.

"HOT POTATO" he don't have the ball long enough to turn it over. He passes without taking a dribble or even trying to do anything with it!! Big Grin
Money Maker Wrote:"HOT POTATO" he don't have the ball long enough to turn it over. He passes without taking a dribble or even trying to do anything with it!! Big Grin

He does do that at times, but either way he has improved significantly and is giving this team a great shot to win games. It's all a matter of opinion, but I think he is doing a fine job at this point.
Well to me, a true PG should average at least 6-7 assists per game or he isn't doing his job. Porter having these 1 assist games is what is killing them. He has played better as of late, but still, look at who they played (other than louisville and he gave up the winning open 3) IMO Porter should continue to start until Liggins matures some more, but then he should never leave the bench. I understand heart and hustle is important, but you gotta have some talent to play at the D1 level and the talent part just isn't there for Porter.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well to me, a true PG should average at least 6-7 assists per game or he isn't doing his job. Porter having these 1 assist games is what is killing them. He has played better as of late, but still, look at who they played (other than louisville and he gave up the winning open 3) IMO Porter should continue to start until Liggins matures some more, but then he should never leave the bench. I understand heart and hustle is important, but you gotta have some talent to play at the D1 level and the talent part just isn't there for Porter.

YOUR THE MAN!!!! I agree 100%!!!
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well to me, a true PG should average at least 6-7 assists per game or he isn't doing his job. Porter having these 1 assist games is what is killing them. He has played better as of late, but still, look at who they played (other than louisville and he gave up the winning open 3) IMO Porter should continue to start until Liggins matures some more, but then he should never leave the bench. I understand heart and hustle is important, but you gotta have some talent to play at the D1 level and the talent part just isn't there for Porter.

Who face guards a 25 foot shot when you are likely going to be called for a foul if Sosa gets around Porter? Come on tell me, give up a foul with seconds left in a tied game or make them earn it from 25 feet out?

Lets get real here people. Porter gives Kentucky the best shot at winning at the point. I do believe that Liggins is much more talented than Porter, but he still has yet to get it, because he plays with no heart or passion.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who face guards a 25 foot shot when you are likely going to be called for a foul if Sosa gets around Porter? Come on tell me, give up a foul with seconds left in a tied game or make them earn it from 25 feet out?

Lets get real here people. Porter gives Kentucky the best shot at winning at the point. I do believe that Liggins is much more talented than Porter, but he still has yet to get it, because he plays with no heart or passion.

We all know we arent in national championship contention this season, so why not play liggins and get him some experience. He can contribute as good or better than porter right now as a freshman.
alfus21 Wrote:Porter's last few games have been great, and he has ran the point really well and is consistently one of our best defenders.

That's not great on a grade school team! What are you smoking???
zulu Wrote:That's not great on a grade school team! What are you smoking???

Cool

I thought a 3:1 assist:turnover ratio was pretty solid. A lot better than what Liggins has done in the last few games.

I'd like to have a point guard that scored more too, but he has played mistake free the last few games, and by not turning it over giving us the best chance to win. Like I said, it's just my opinion.
"Porter knows exactly what to do and exactly how to get people the ball"

That is a direct quote from none other than Rick Pitino. I guess he is an idiot too?
Pages: 1 2 3