Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Belfry Star Shines!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations to UK Wildcats and former Belfry Pirates standout David Jones who broke a Liberty Bowl record with a 99 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.TongueirateSho

See related story Click Here
HUGE BIG "WAY TO GO" DAVID JONES!!! I bet everyone in Belfry is beamin'!!!
IISnakE Wrote:HUGE BIG "WAY TO GO" DAVID JONES!!! I bet everyone in Belfry is beamin'!!!
Everyone in Kentucky is. Way to go Cats, 3rd straight bowl ring, and way to go David Jones, representing the mountains well.
That kickoff return really swinged a lot of momentum back to UK when I really thought ECU would start to pull away after the moved the ball in the 2nd quarter.

Congrats David!
I never though I would say this but...I LOVE YOU DAVID JONES HAHA!
During the first quarter they listed David as being from Red Branch, Va.... Wheres the love for Pond Creek Nation????
Free BAlla 14 Wrote:During the first quarter they listed David as being from Red Branch, Va.... Wheres the love for Pond Creek Nation????

Actually, I'm pretty sure later on in the game they said something to the effect of Senior David Jones from Red Jacket, WV.
Great to hear. I missed the game and got the details afterwards.
Jshort5 Wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure later on in the game they said something to the effect of Senior David Jones from Red Jacket, WV.

First Congratulations David Jones. You made everyone proud.

Now where in the heck is Red Jacket, WV.? What the heck does Red Jacket have to do with Kentucky? The man played for Belfry.
Jeepman Wrote:First Congratulations David Jones. You made everyone proud.

Now where in the heck is Red Jacket, WV.? What the heck does Red Jacket have to do with Kentucky? The man played for Belfry.

Red Jacket is right across the river from Belfry. Getta map for this man!!Big Grin
Was a great thing for UK and eastern Ky. Way to go D.J.
I am so proud of David and the Wildcats tonight!!! They played with alot of heart and determination. It's a great day to be a Wildcat!!!

WAY TO GO DAVID....CONGRATS FROM YOUR BELFRY FAMILY...WE LOVE YOU!
Way to go David!
Jeepman Wrote:First Congratulations David Jones. You made everyone proud.

Funny isn't it lol :p
Panther Thunder Wrote:Funny isn't it lol :p

Let's not get this old song and dance started again!!!!

David Jones played at BELFRY HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS A PIRATE.....AND... he graduated FROM BELFRY!!!

Let it rest. Congrats Dave on an awesome "last game" as a Kentucky Wildcat!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Let's not get this old song and dance started again!!!!

David Jones played at BELFRY HIGH SCHOOL AND WAS A PIRATE.....AND... he graduated FROM BELFRY!!!

Oh boy, what have I started....I woulda never mentioned it if I only knew...:o
First of all Congratulations David. Ask him where he lives. He will tell you Red Jacket WV.
Great way for David Jones to finish his career as a Wildcat!
Yes, he will. He does live in Red Jacket/Lexington, KY. BUT, his high school football career ended in Belfry High.
phs1986 Wrote:Let's not get this old song and dance started again!!!!

Did I not put enough emphasis on my playful attitude towards the subject? Lol :p, next time I will go the extra mile. Anyway it was a nice way to finish off a good career at UK.
Yeah, his kickoff return really set the tone for the Wildcats in the second half.... Glad to see a player from Eastern Ky shine....
I'll miss David Jones! Sad to see him go, but glad he went out in style!
He made the top 10 plays on sports center
gish_7 Wrote:He made the top 10 plays on sports center

Setting a Liberty Bowl Record!
gish_7 Wrote:He made the top 10 plays on sports center

LOL... he should have.... afterall, he broke a Liberty Bowl record with that return and TD...:Thumbs:
It was great to see a product out of the Mountains do well on the national stage.
what a way to go out in your last college game.
congrads david, way to use that speed, and redjacket to just up the road from matewan
I thought that little hitch he had in his run is great!! Congrats David!!
Man I hope he makes it in the NFL somewhere...It would be awsome to say that 4 NFL players' form around the mountains are in the NFL.
Julius and Thomas Jones from Big Stone Gap, VA, about 15 minutes from the state line. Justin Green, I think is his name, from Clintwood,VA, is a safety that just got released from the 'skins. And David Jones hopefully!
Pages: 1 2