Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. Louisville (Predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
University of Kentucky men’s basketball game vs. Louisville at Freedom Hall on Sunday, January 4th will tipoff at 4:30 p.m. ET. on CBS.

Who wins and why? Not just because you are a fan Wink
gonna be a tough one, especially it being at Freedom Hall, but I think im gonna take the wildcats by 7
I hate to say it but I think Louisville wins in a really ugly game. Defense by both teams I think will set the tone.
I look for UK to take early control of the game and not let up. Expecting big games from Patterson and Meeks....also, I look for Porter, Liggins, Harrelson, and Slone to be big in the minutes they see.
well i was expecting louisville to win big at the beginning of the season but they have been playing like crap and unless they can shut down meeks it will be a long night for them..but im still gonna have to take my cards but only by about 10
uk by 5
Louisville

Why?-- Road game for the Cats, plus they've been choking alot
Kentucky is really coming together nicely while Louisville has been struggling in the late game stretches. While Louisville has pretty consistent scoring threats through out their line up Kentucky has Meeks and Patterson and then who ever decided to show up to be a threat on that certain night which kind of makes Kentucky more of a threat. So....my prediction is a low scoring affair through regulation....final score after double OT UK 90 defeats U of L 87...
Kentucky72
Louisville 67
Louisville - 67
Kentucky - 61

IMO this will be an ugly, defensive game (not that defense is ugly, I love defense). I think that turnovers will be the downfall of UK in this one. UK will have to get Patterson going early to win. Meeks will get his, but I do not know if the other guards will handle the defensive pressure to get open and/or get the entrance pass into Patterson.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Louisville - 67
Kentucky - 61

IMO this will be an ugly, defensive game (not that defense is ugly, I love defense). I think that turnovers will be the downfall of UK in this one. UK will have to get Patterson going early to win. Meeks will get his, but I do not know if the other guards will handle the defensive pressure to get open and/or get the entrance pass into Patterson.

Porter wont see much time..he will definantly buckle
UK by 5.
Kentucky wins in a close game 78-72 Patterson and Meeks continue to impress and I think someone else will step up on the scoring end as well.
Louisville by 16
If meeks is hitting in this game UK will win..but lets hope not..lol
I'll take Uk by about 5 points.

Good Luck Wildcats!!!
Remember Meeks had 46 the last time he played in Freedom Hall, so he must like the gym. I say UK by 7.
blackcat Wrote:Remember Meeks had 46 the last time he played in Freedom Hall, so he must like the gym. I say UK by 7.

If that happens again UK will beat them by 20
IRISH4 Wrote:I look for UK to take early control of the game and not let up. Expecting big games from Patterson and Meeks....also, I look for Porter, Liggins, Harrelson, and Slone to be big in the minutes they see.

I hope you're right about Slone, but my guess is he won't get off the bench in this one. I'm predicting UL by 10.
UK should win this one.
UofL has better depth and talent. They will win in a close one
Louisville has more talent, but I believe that Kentucky will win this one because they will wan't this one much more than the Cards.

Kentucky by 10... GO CATS!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Louisville has more talent, but I believe that Kentucky will win this one because they will wan't this one much more than the Cards.

Kentucky by 10... GO CATS!

It will be hard to believe that a Rick Pitino coached team would not want to beat UK as much as UK would want to beat them. I bleed blue, but I have yet to see anything in the UK cupcake schedule that tells me this team has put it together.

Played at UofL, the Cards win 85-73
Go Kentucky!!!...Cats in a close one!
blackcat Wrote:Remember Meeks had 46 the last time he played in Freedom Hall, so he must like the gym. I say UK by 7.

46 and the team was? Meeks will be lucky to score 10 in this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I think Kentucky should win this one. Louisville, to me, keeps looking worse. Kentucky is getting better. I know a lot of ppl are gonna bring up the Florida Atlantic game cause the cats struggled a bit. But if they weren't good, they would never have rallied back and won by the margin they did. I think the Cats will pull it off, but in a close one. Cats by 10 or less.
ballcrazy Wrote:46 and the team was? Meeks will be lucky to score 10 in this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

46 points agaisnt anyone is still amazing, I probally in may hay day couldnt score 46 agaisnt a kindergarden teamSmile Also I think Loserville will be lucky if they can hold him under 18 points.
hey if Nolen and Bush from Minn. can put up 18 and 13 on that U of L defense I will hate to see what Meeks will do to them. Just saying
46 is good against any team, but there is a big difference between playing a mid major and playing Louisville. Meeks will be lucky to score 15-20. I look for Patterson to have a big game, but still not enough. I am going to take Louisville by 12
UK 70
UofL59

Because UofL is horrible, overrated, horribly overrated, and I hate them.
Pages: 1 2 3