Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where do you think Kentucky will be in 2 years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Were will the Cats be at in the near future?

I know that there going to be national contendersBig Grin
Football or Basketball?

Football - BCS Bowl Game if the BCS is still in place in 2010...
Basketball - Final Four...
I believe they will at least be in the top 25 in the nation...And possibly making Final Four.

Go Cats!!!
In football, I see them going to a New Years Day Bowl by 2012 and as for the Cats, I see them as a final four team within the next three years once Billy G has his system in.
Jshort5 Wrote:Football or Basketball?

Football - BCS Bowl Game if the BCS is still in place in 2010...
Basketball - Final Four...

IMO for the football team to play in a BCS bowl game they are going to have to beat Coach Spurrier and UT. Which we all know hasnt happened in a very long time. But with the talent that they are getting they are heading in the right direction. As for the basketball team I think they will be back to a national power in 2010.
I was talking about the real Kentucky sport Cats basketball.
UK should be national contenders within two years. If Patterson stay for his senior year abd Orton stays a couple years. We will be 8 time NCAA Champs in two years!
Kentucky will defiantly be a solid Top 25 team. I think that we may be a championship contender by then, but a lot depends on if Patterson stays.

2010-2011 Team

F/C- Daniel Orton
F- Patrick Patterson (if Patterson doesn't stay then expect this spot to be filled by Pilgrim or Harrellson)
F- Darius Miller/Dominique Ferguson
G- Jon Hood
G- DeAndre Liggins

Bench

Darius Miller/Dominique Ferguson
GJ Vilarino
Matt Pilgrim
Josh Harrellson
A.J. Stewart
K.C. Ross-Miller
Dokotah Euton
Donald Williams
Landon Slone

Kentucky will get atleast 2-3 more commits for the '09 & '10 classes.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky will defiantly be a solid Top 25 team. I think that we may be a championship contender by then, but a lot depends on if Patterson stays.

2010-2011 Team

F/C- Daniel Orton
F- Patrick Patterson (if Patterson doesn't stay then expect this spot to be filled by Pilgrim or Harrellson)
F- Darius Miller/Dominique Ferguson
G- Jon Hood
G- DeAndre Liggins

Bench

Darius Miller/Dominique Ferguson
GJ Vilarino
Matt Pilgrim
Josh Harrellson
A.J. Stewart
K.C. Ross-Miller
Dokotah Euton
Donald Williams
Landon Slone

Kentucky will get atleast 2-3 more commits for the '09 & '10 classes.

OOOO I hope Patterson listens to his mama! Also I dont think we will be to bad next year I think an elite 8 with some lucky breaks maybe better
herd_fan_1 Wrote:I was talking about the real Kentucky sport Cats basketball.
In 1986 maybe but not now. Most folks like yourself wouldnt admit it but UK Football is comparable with UK Basketball as far as state wide popularity. The reason why? Postseason Success. Football is on the rise and Basketball...not so much.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:In 1986 maybe but not now. Most folks like yourself wouldnt admit it but UK Football is comparable with UK Basketball as far as state wide popularity. The reason why? Postseason Success. Football is on the rise and Basketball...not so much.

I disagree yes football is on the rise but Basketball is not falling any worse than what it did the last 2 seasons. Kentucky basketball is back and even now when you say Kentucky you think basketball. Also dont get me wrong I love Kentucky football to but I dont think 2 music city bowl wins is going to make football UK's sport. Basketball has always been and always will be UK's sport, heck Bear Bryant even new that so he packed up and went to alabama were they play football, not like Kentucky were we play some basketball and play it well.
I really expect to see UK as a national power within the next few years. I know many people say Billy G was a bad idea, but I think its gonna turn out to be great. And I can't to see Kentucky back on top.
West of West Virginia, South of Ohio, North of Tennessee, & East of Missouri.. Same place it sits today.. Gee, give me a tougher one next time, that was easy.. Rolleyes
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:In 1986 maybe but not now. Most folks like yourself wouldnt admit it but UK Football is comparable with UK Basketball as far as state wide popularity. The reason why? Postseason Success. Football is on the rise and Basketball...not so much.

I agree with H-Pike. I am a UK homer, I'm sure just like herd_fan, but I have to admit that in the last 5 years UK basketball has been down and During this timeframe UK football was quickly on the rise. Last years LSU football game was indicative of the changes that have came about.

This years football season was the most hotly discussed season that I can ever remember on talk radio, especially after losses. Why? Because more people care, likely more so in the history of the program.

I don't want to debate it, I want them both to be #1 in every UK sports fans mind. Let's get preseason #19 UK Baseball team on the same level with the fans as Football and Basketball Wink
mrfootball03 Wrote:West of West Virginia, South of Ohio, North of Tennessee, & East of Missouri.. Same place it sits today.. Gee, give me a tougher one next time, that was easy.. Rolleyes

Smart A..Smile