Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where are all the NaySayers now???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember not too long ago right after the boys high school sweet sixteen a lot of posts that said Landon Slone needed to go NAIA and he would never see the any type of playing time the whole time he was at UK. Now as a freshman he has seen a good amount of time the past few games. He has proved everyone wrong!! Congrats Landon!!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I remember not too long ago right after the boys high school sweet sixteen a lot of posts that said Landon Slone needed to go NAIA and he would never see the any type of playing time the whole time he was at UK. Now as a freshman he has seen a good amount of time the past few games. He has proved everyone wrong!! Congrats Landon!!!
Having a crow supper if they have been watching him play.
TheRealVille Wrote:Having a crow supper if they have been watching him play.

Haha! I would say you are right....
Well looks like I got beat to the punch--someone else started the same thread I had in mind. For all those naysayers---I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.......

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE KIDS FROM PAINTSVILLE! THEY GET PREPARED FOR SUCCESS!

NEVER SAYS KIDS FROM EAST KY CANT PLAY--JUST BECAUSE THEY COME FROM EAST KY. THE MTN KIDS USUALLY HAVE MORE HEART THAN ANYONE AROUND!
transplanttiger Wrote:Well looks like I got beat to the punch--someone else started the same thread I had in mind. For all those naysayers---I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.......

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE KIDS FROM PAINTSVILLE! THEY GET PREPARED FOR SUCCESS!

NEVER SAYS KIDS FROM EAST KY CANT PLAY--JUST BECAUSE THEY COME FROM EAST KY. THE MTN KIDS USUALLY HAVE MORE HEART THAN ANYONE AROUND!

I think the only people that did believe in him were from Paintsville, but I think a lot of that has to do with kids getting on here and jealousy, and also jealousy among adults as well.
Landon Slone just started the second half....That's Great!!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think the only people that did believe in him were from Paintsville, but I think a lot of that has to do with kids getting on here and jealousy, and also jealousy among adults as well.

Not true. Everyone in Floyd County (where Landon lived his whole life) supported the kid when he was at Paintsville and believed in him.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not true. Everyone in Floyd County (where Landon lived his whole life) supported the kid when he was at Paintsville and believed in him.

Chill out I was just saying that a lot of people didn't think he could do it...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Chill out I was just saying that a lot of people didn't think he could do it...

Whoa now, wasn't using an attitude.

Wink
Why did the CM/KY thread get closed? The game isn't over.
TheRealVille Wrote:Why did the CM/KY thread get closed? The game isn't over.

It was a prediction thread... I'll move all those posts over to an update thread.
I've never spoke ill of Slone on here, but I will admit I didn't think he would see much time at UK. Don't get me wrong, I love to see kids from this area do well! But, having said that. If Porter and Slone get the majority of the minutes once conference play starts I can't help but think we will be in trouble. Hope they, ( BCG, Slone, Porter) prove me wrong.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I've never spoke ill of Slone on here, but I will admit I didn't think he would see much time at UK. Don't get me wrong, I love to see kids from this area do well! But, having said that. If Porter and Slone get the majority of the minutes once conference play starts I can't help but think we will be in trouble. Hope they, ( BCG, Slone, Porter) prove me wrong.

I agree I dont think those two are starters but hopefully they can still contribute points and great defensive play.
Slone has been playing some good ball....
letthebighogroot Wrote:If Porter and Slone get the majority of the minutes once conference play starts I can't help but think we will be in trouble. Hope they, ( BCG, Slone, Porter) prove me wrong.

I disagree.

Porter busts his butt off each and every game and has really done well in these past several games along with Landon who actually knows how to get the ball inside and he also busts his butt. Liggins & Miller haven't turned into the players that everyone wants them to be yet, but when both quit playing so lazy they'll be very good players.

Landon will be a solid roll player throughout his career at UK!
I have always been supportive of Landon Slone. I think the better landon gets the more east ky players will get looked at more.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I disagree.

Porter busts his butt off each and every game and has really done well in these past several games along with Landon who actually knows how to get the ball inside and he also busts his butt. Liggins & Miller haven't turned into the players that everyone wants them to be yet, but when both quit playing so lazy they'll be very good players.

Landon will be a solid roll player throughout his career at UK!

Calm down I believe all he was saying is that Slone and Porter are not SEC starters which I believe to, he never said that they couldnt play. There have been plenty of good role players come of the bench in college basketball and I think that will suit Slone and Porter better then throwing them in the starting 5, coming off the bench they will feel more realaxed and also give the team and crowd a boost.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Calm down I believe all he was saying is that Slone and Porter are not SEC starters which I believe to, he never said that they couldnt play. There have been plenty of good role players come of the bench in college basketball and I think that will suit Slone and Porter better then throwing them in the starting 5, coming off the bench they will feel more realaxed and also give the team and crowd a boost.

That's the second time tonight I've been told to calm down, I'm not getting upset over anything here, I just simply disagreed.

I do however agree that they are not starters, but they deserve each and every minute they play!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's the second time tonight I've been told to calm down, I'm not getting upset over anything here, I just simply disagreed.

I do however agree that they are not starters, but they deserve each and every minute they play!
Agree. Maybe in a couple of years.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's the second time tonight I've been told to calm down, I'm not getting upset over anything here, I just simply disagreed.

Smile Smile Smile
Don't mean to get off-topic, but that's one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while. Big Grin
I've always been a believer in the way Landon's played ball!!!

Good luck to Landon in his career at UK!!!
Not taking anything away from the kid, but with Slone having to play I think shows how much UK really is down. I am happy for him, but realistically I think UK is in major trouble. I am afraid Louisville is gonna give us a major beatdown if we are not careful.

now now, calm down! no use to get all bent out of shape because you don't agree

LOL :p
I think Landon has the oppurtunity to be the next Cameron Mills!
Billy Gillispie had some nice comments about Landon in the post game interview. It is on UK's athletic site under the game summary of tonights game.

On the play of Landon Slone...
"I was surprised he missed his shots on Saturday because he is a guy that can take us the right way. He doesn't get caught thinking a whole lot. He is not catching and shooting the ball thinking I hope this goes in or I hope I don't miss. He is going to catch the ball and shoot it. He has obviously been coached very well and comes from a great basketball program. He has played great for us the last couple of days. I think he can shoot it, and I think he can score. He has been giving us a great spark defensively. He was the best guy in the first part of the game when we were down nine. He was the best guy at pressuring the ball and making some extra-effort plays. He got us going a little bit and they started missing."
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I remember not too long ago right after the boys high school sweet sixteen a lot of posts that said Landon Slone needed to go NAIA !
thats pretty much what they where playing tonight
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Chill out I was just saying that a lot of people didn't think he could do it...
no you said THEY ONLY ones who believed in Slone WAS from Paintsville
allseasonfan Wrote:Not taking anything away from the kid, but with Slone having to play I think shows how much UK really is down. I am happy for him, but realistically I think UK is in major trouble. I am afraid Louisville is gonna give us a major beatdown if we are not careful.

Maybe it could be a testament to the way Landon has worked his *** off and how he has progressed! Why does everyone have a pessimistic view of this kid?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Maybe it could be a testament to the way Landon has worked his *** off and how he has progressed! Why does everyone have a pessimistic view of this kid?
I am tickled to death for him would love to be in his shoes right now .Lets be realistic do you honestly think he is even in the middle of the road as far as being a SEC caliber guard ? He wasnt being pessimistic he was stating basically what the majority of fans think get away from Meeks and UK has not got much in the guard line .Dont get me wrong thay are relentless workers and the will is there but the talents not .
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Maybe it could be a testament to the way Landon has worked his *** off and how he has progressed! Why does everyone have a pessimistic view of this kid?

MaybeWink
Pages: 1 2