Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Middle School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does everyone think that BMS has done this year?

Do they have the proper coaching staff in place?

How is the talent level?

Will they be competitive against the Johnson Cent., Virgie's, and Adams next year?

I think that this year has been a major disappointment personally, seems they have little discipline and talent.
How does everyone think that BMS has done this year ? Good for a 1st yr. program

Do they have the proper coaching staff in place ? Yes

How is the talent level ? Talent level is just fine for boys 11-13. They are just kids.

Will they be competitive against the Johnson Cent., Virgie's, and Adams next year ? They will be cometitive, Remember they're still in their first year.

Your judgement has been a little harsh on these boys. I feel the coaching staff will develop these kids into fine football players. Just remember that these kids get out there and give it their all, while some ppl sit in the stands and judge.
Do they have the proper coaching staff in place? YES

How is the talent level? AVERAGE

Will they be competitive against the Johnson Cent., Virgie's, and Adams next year? ONLY IF BMS HAS AS MANY HOLDBACKS AS THE ABOVE TEAMS.

I think that this year has been a major disappointment personally, seems they have little discipline and talent. AGREE PARTIALLY
:wtf1: DUDE YOU EVER HEARD OF GROWING PAINS....WHEN A KID COMES FROM LITTLE LEAUGE TO 6&7TH AND 8TH GRADE FOOTBALL IT"S LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL KID GOING TO COLLEGE....IT GOES FROMA CONTACT SPORT TO A COLLISION SPORT..HAVENT SEEN THE 8TH GRADE TEAM PLAY BUT THE 6/7TH BEAT A DARN GOOD PHELPS TEAM THIS WEEK THAT IS AS TOUGH AS THEY COME..MAN WITH A 100 KIDS AT THIS LEVEL ALL I CAN SAY IS "ROLL BELFRY" YOU HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE..WITH THAT MANY KIDS YOU DEFINITLY GOT THINGS IN THE RIGHT PLACE,YOU GOT KIDS ON THE FIELD..
I know I watched the first half of the Belfry 7th against Adams 8th and they were trailing 30-0 at the Half.
:Skull03:
"BelfryGreat" Wrote:How does everyone think that BMS has done this year?

How is the talent level?

Will they be competitive against the Johnson Cent., Virgie's, and Adams next year?

I think that this year has been a major disappointment personally, seems they have little discipline and talent.

You have no clue of what your talking about
keep up the good work little pirates
Welcome to the site Tough Turf and Next !!! Looks like you guys are Piratefans, If you are or arent its great to have you both anyway......If you need anything just let myself or any of the other Admins or Mods know....

Enjoy your site !!!

:welcome:
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:Do they have the proper coaching staff in place? YES

How is the talent level? AVERAGE

Will they be competitive against the Johnson Cent., Virgie's, and Adams next year? ONLY IF BMS HAS AS MANY HOLDBACKS AS THE ABOVE TEAMS.

I think that this year has been a major disappointment personally, seems they have little discipline and talent. AGREE PARTIALLY

I don't know about holdbacks at JC or Virgie, but I'm really really sure that all the boys from Adams are at their appropriate age level.
100 KIDS, OMG!!

Sounds like something is working in Belfry. Did I read correctly that this is 6th,7th and 8th grade students? How many students are in BMS? Some programs can't get 25 kids out for 7th and 8th grade combined team. I'd say Belfry is on the right track. Just one question, is the Haywood working with the BMS coaches on the MS program? If he is, I say he works a little Haywood magic and Belfry remains a powerhouse.
"WOW" Wrote:100 KIDS, OMG!!

Sounds like something is working in Belfry. Did I read correctly that this is 6th,7th and 8th grade students? How many students are in BMS? Some programs can't get 25 kids out for 7th and 8th grade combined team. I'd say Belfry is on the right track. Just one question, is the Haywood working with the BMS coaches on the MS program? If he is, I say he works a little Haywood magic and Belfry remains a powerhouse.

Yes, yes, and yes.

The middle school runs the exact same offense that the high school runs and by the time the 6th graders get to high school you will really notice the difference.

IMO, it will allow the high school staff more time to coach instead of teach, if you know what I mean.
"HappyGilmore" Wrote:Yes, yes, and yes.

The middle school runs the exact same offense that the high school runs and by the time the 6th graders get to high school you will really notice the difference.

IMO, it will allow the high school staff more time to coach instead of teach, if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean on coaching vs. teaching.

I've watched coaches have to basically start over from scratch every year. It's hard when you start over with new kids each year. When you start trying to coach 7th and 8th graders who have never played the game and don't even know the basics, you've a got a tough job. While other programs are perfecting their game- your teaching your group the basics.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:I know I watched the first half of the Belfry 7th against Adams 8th and they were trailing 30-0 at the Half.
A 7th grade team playing an 8th grade team???
Why???
where does the 7th grade team play there home games? I will be coming up to watch the Johnson Co. 7th grade team play up there Thursday.
"fox sports" Wrote:A 7th grade team playing an 8th grade team???
Why???
Fox a lotta schools dont have the kids to play just 7th or 8th you may have 13 7th graders and 3 eigth graders on a team and play 7th and 8th hopefully
a coach will tell the other coach about he 3 8th graders...our team has 34 kids 12 6th graders 18 7th graderds and 4 8th graders and we play a full middle school schedule 10 games with 2 of those or 3 being 6/7th grade games ( we park the 8th graders)...I dont like playing the 6th graders in a middle school but thats the way it is here ....
we had no hold backs like the 14 that Virgie had this year and I commend Mr. Newsome for being able to get them to do that but we probally gave him his best game this year them besting us 14-0...statistically we put a good thump on them but not on the board where it counts as they had only to good plays the whole game and both where long passes for td"s...my hats off to theses kid"s who play middle school..it"s as grueling as varsity and not nearly as rewarding but as my son moves on to varsity next year my heart and time will be devoted to the middle schoolers...
Which school are you talking about football dad?
I Expected Belfry to give a better showing in their first year but give them time and theyll be running with the top teams...
BelfryGreat Wrote:How does everyone think that BMS has done this year?

How is the talent level?

For all the people with VERY short memories.Confusednicker:
It is totally amazing how well you can do when you take the best kids from two states and combine them at one school. Belfry/Western West Virginia Middle School.
The_Rock Wrote:It is totally amazing how well you can do when you take the best kids from two states and combine them at one school. Belfry/Western West Virginia Middle School.

And it is totally amazing that, in the absence of anything constructive to say, someone who has jealousy issues will bring up the same tired argument time after time!

Are you seriously saying that the best middle schoolers in Kentucky AND West Virginia live in Pike and Mingo Counties? I mean, I know our area kids are great, but I am sure that there are many middle school players out there who would make a case for being some of the best!
The_Rock Wrote:It is totally amazing how well you can do when you take the best kids from two states and combine them at one school. Belfry/Western West Virginia Middle School.

:lame: