Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meeks ranked #1 SG by Rivals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After his last two games, Meeks has moved into the #1 SG spot in the country according to rivals.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...CID=893004

Nice to see his performances are getting some respect.

Patterson has remained at the #3 PF spot pretty much all year.
Great recognition for Meeks.
Great to hear, Meeks is a great player and will be in the pros after his 4 years at Kentucky, hopefully. Ill take Meeks over Curry from Davidson anyday.
That's very nice for Meeks to get some recognition.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Great to hear, Meeks is a great player and will be in the pros after his 4 years at Kentucky, hopefully. Ill take Meeks over Curry from Davidson anyday.

What are you smoking. Curry is the better all around guard. Only a UK fan would say that, but a basketball fan would pick Curry. If you are the only good player on the team, then be like Meeks shoot 50% of the shoots or more. But Meeks is not the best player on UK team.
cj2561 Wrote:What are you smoking. Curry is the better all around guard. Only a UK fan would say that, but a basketball fan would pick Curry. If you are the only good player on the team, then be like Meeks shoot 50% of the shoots or more. But Meeks is not the best player on UK team.

I believe it was an opinion, thus not a fact. I would hope we can all post our opinions without having to be downed for it.
So UK has the #1 SG and the #3 PF and cant beat VMI or Miami at home?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:So UK has the #1 SG and the #3 PF and cant beat VMI or Miami at home?

Smile Excellent points
TidesHoss32 Wrote:So UK has the #1 SG and the #3 PF and cant beat VMI or Miami at home?

two totally different looking teams from then untill now IMO
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:two totally different looking teams from then untill now IMO

Yeah right...UK looks pretty good playing cupcakes. Lets face it, this team has played a very weak schedule. This is the weakest UK schedule I can remember in quite some time. They have two more cupcakes and then we will see how good they are. I'm not sure your statement is correct when you say totally different team now. They haven't played anybody.
zulu Wrote:Yeah right...UK looks pretty good playing cupcakes. Lets face it, this team has played a very weak schedule. This is the weakest UK schedule I can remember in quite some time. They have two more cupcakes and then we will see how good they are. I'm not sure your statement is correct when you say totally different team now. They haven't played anybody.

Cupcake or no cupcake, UK has improved all around. You don't see many unforced turnovers, or silly fouls due to broken defensive sets. This part of the schedule is where you are supposed to improve, and UK is doing just that.

Louisville hasnt looked very good against their weak part of the schedule, so I dont think they are way ahead of UK as you are implying. But that game will determine if this team has really improved or not. And UL will be trying to prove the pre-season accolades where deserved.
zulu Wrote:Yeah right...UK looks pretty good playing cupcakes. Lets face it, this team has played a very weak schedule. This is the weakest UK schedule I can remember in quite some time. They have two more cupcakes and then we will see how good they are. I'm not sure your statement is correct when you say totally different team now. They haven't played anybody.

By reading this I can tell your a Louisville fan. Your on a UK thread bashing my cats when the Cards do well to beat little instate teams. Georgetown, ky gave them all they could handle and then WKU put it all over them. With that being said I think the CATS are playing good basketball right now and can play with anybody if they continue to play well.
Money Maker Wrote:By reading this I can tell your a Louisville fan. Your on a UK thread bashing my cats when the Cards do well to beat little instate teams. Georgetown, ky gave them all they could handle and then WKU put it all over them. With that being said I think the CATS are playing good basketball right now and can play with anybody if they continue to play well.

Ive been a UK fan my entire life, but I'm just writing it the way I see it. I'm not a Billy G fan but still a UK fan and always will be. It's hard to judge a team when the teams they are playing would easily get beaten by NAIA teams. I don't think UK is as good as you die hard fans think and I think once the SEC play starts you will see that rather quickly. The UK U of L game should be a good and right now I would consider that one a toss up.
cj2561 Wrote:What are you smoking. Curry is the better all around guard. Only a UK fan would say that, but a basketball fan would pick Curry. If you are the only good player on the team, then be like Meeks shoot 50% of the shoots or more. But Meeks is not the best player on UK team.

Im not smoking anything. I just believe Meeks is a better player and how can you say that Meeks is only scoring so much only because he is the best player on the team and shots the ball 50% of the time and then you back Curry, if im not mistaken I dont think anyone from Davidson is better than Curry. Im not saying that Meeks is better then Curry or Curry is better then Meeks im just saying Ill take Meeks any day. Yeah both are shooters but I only give the edge to Meeks because he is stronger, faster, and bigger then Curry and with that Im only stating my personal opinion:howdy:
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Im not smoking anything. I just believe Meeks is a better player and how can you say that Meeks is only scoring so much only because he is the best player on the team and shots the ball 50% of the time and then you back Curry, if im not mistaken I dont think anyone from Davidson is better than Curry. Im not saying that Meeks is better then Curry or Curry is better then Meeks im just saying Ill take Meeks any day. Yeah both are shooters but I only give the edge to Meeks because he is stronger, faster, and bigger then Curry and with that Im only stating my personal opinion:howdy:
see if he can do all this scoring against a team that can play defense :howdy:
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Im not smoking anything. I just believe Meeks is a better player and how can you say that Meeks is only scoring so much only because he is the best player on the team and shots the ball 50% of the time and then you back Curry, if im not mistaken I dont think anyone from Davidson is better than Curry. Im not saying that Meeks is better then Curry or Curry is better then Meeks im just saying Ill take Meeks any day. Yeah both are shooters but I only give the edge to Meeks because he is stronger, faster, and bigger then Curry and with that Im only stating my personal opinion:howdy:

Meeks is not the best player on the team. Curry is the best play on his team.
cj2561 Wrote:Meeks is not the best player on the team. Curry is the best play on his team.

what player is better??
Money Maker Wrote:what player is better??

He's probably not man enough to say that he thinks Michael Porter is our best player.Smile Smile
Jshort5 Wrote:He's probably not man enough to say that he thinks Michael Porter is our best player.Smile Smile
I hope to God not.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Great to hear, Meeks is a great player and will be in the pros after his 4 years at Kentucky, hopefully. Ill take Meeks over Curry from Davidson anyday.
Let's not get too excited. Curry can do something that Meeks has trouble with sometimes, create his own shot.
No way, I love UK but being rated ahead of Abrams-Texas, McAlarney-ND Elington-UNC, or even Evans-Memphis is a joke. Those guys are by far better than Meeks. I'd probabily even take the guard at Cincinnati over him, Vaughn. He does belong on the list and has played better as of late but can't play the way he has against equal or better talent and is to incosistant and selfish to be considered the top 2 guard in the nation. I don't think he'd even start at some of the elight schools, but he is descent for Gillespies's style. Love UK, Meeks is talented to say the least, but these ratings are way off. I guess thats just one mans opinion though.
The Fan Wrote:see if he can do all this scoring against a team that can play defense :howdy:

Well I guess we will just wait and see :thumpsup:
Money Maker Wrote:what player is better??

Patterson. When he get the ball inside, there is always someone open on teh out side.
cj2561 Wrote:Patterson. When he get the ball inside, there is always someone open on teh out side.

I do agree Patterson is the star of the team but Meeks is also very talented.
cj2561 Wrote:Patterson. When he get the ball inside, there is always someone open on teh out side.

No one said anything about playing on the inside or outside. 2 totally different positions and no way to compare 2 players that way. Meeks can score from DEEEEP or he can take it to the rack. Put patterson on the outside and see if he can shoot the 3 and then come back and let me know who is better then.Big Grin

Your the one that has to be smoking something. ALl Curry can do is shoot...he lives and dies by the 3 ball. And when the 3's aren't falling for him, then what? They isn't really anyone else on the team that can do much so they will lose. Meeks not only can shoot, but he can pass, and do whatever BG wants him to do. So I would definitely pick Meeks over Curry any day.
Its not like its the Heisman.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Your the one that has to be smoking something. ALl Curry can do is shoot...he lives and dies by the 3 ball. And when the 3's aren't falling for him, then what? They isn't really anyone else on the team that can do much so they will lose. Meeks not only can shoot, but he can pass, and do whatever BG wants him to do. So I would definitely pick Meeks over Curry any day.

Then you most not be from the mountains. All of the teams around live or die by the 3's. But i don;t want someone on my team. That think he is the best player on it, and shoot hios arm off.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:I do agree Patterson is the star of the team but Meeks is also very talented.

When Patterson get his number, UK play good. But when he don't. Look what happen again VMI. That tell you everthing, and last year agains that one school.
cj2561 Wrote:When Patterson get his number, UK play good. But when he don't. Look what happen again VMI. That tell you everthing, and last year agains that one school.

I didnt get the chance to even see the VMI game so I do not how Patterson did, but since this is a Meeks thread I will say at least now if Patterson isnt which by the looks of it isnt going 2 happen but lets just say he has a bad game then at least we have Meeks their putting up numbers.Cool
Pages: 1 2