Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 102 - Tennessee St. 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final...

Patterson- 33pts
Meeks- 32pts
Stevenson- 12pts
Liggins- 7pts
Miller- 5pts
go cats
Cats needed these types of teams on their schedule to open the season .
i went to this game.... and for bout 2 min. Meeks was making everything he put up witch was about Four 3's. Then he tryed a monster from bout 10ft. from the line then he went cold. But also Patterson and Stevenson had some huge dunks as well
Patterson and Meeks must continue to score big numbers when SEC play starts for UK to have a successful year.
haha i was at this game, Meeks was burning up the 3 point line
Think paterson had a doulbe double 2
wooo hoo!!
It was pretty much over by the first half
Congrats UK just keep it up.
Meeks had 7 three's in the first half then went pretty cold. He seemed to eager to get his shot off, and forced a lot. He has unlimited talent, but still has a lot of growing up to do.
blackcat Wrote:Meeks had 7 three's in the first half then went pretty cold. He seemed to eager to get his shot off, and forced a lot. He has unlimited talent, but still has a lot of growing up to do.

Yeah Im sure with the fact that he made 7 3's in the first half that coach didn't tell him to keep taking his shots. Sometimes we need Meeks to take some ill advised shots because he is our only outside threat, so we have to keep teams honest, even if that means an occasional poor shot. I find it intriguing that you don't even consider that coach could be telling him to keep looking for his shot, and that he is just doing this on his own. Eventhough everything I have seen from Meeks is that he is all about his team.
On t.v. it was great to see Meeks and Patterson on the bench laughing as well as everyone else pumped up, thats what the cats need support from each other and it looks like they finally got it.
Beetle01 Wrote:Yeah Im sure with the fact that he made 7 3's in the first half that coach didn't tell him to keep taking his shots. Sometimes we need Meeks to take some ill advised shots because he is our only outside threat, so we have to keep teams honest, even if that means an occasional poor shot. I find it intriguing that you don't even consider that coach could be telling him to keep looking for his shot, and that he is just doing this on his own. Eventhough everything I have seen from Meeks is that he is all about his team.

If Porter ever learns how to knock down the three when here is no1 with in 5 ft from him im sure he couldve gotten 6 or 9 points last night
Beetle01 Wrote:Yeah Im sure with the fact that he made 7 3's in the first half that coach didn't tell him to keep taking his shots. Sometimes we need Meeks to take some ill advised shots because he is our only outside threat, so we have to keep teams honest, even if that means an occasional poor shot. I find it intriguing that you don't even consider that coach could be telling him to keep looking for his shot, and that he is just doing this on his own. Eventhough everything I have seen from Meeks is that he is all about his team.

Ill advised shots should never be taken, and he's had some bad ones. Coach G may be telling him to keep looking for his shots, but if you noticed, he wasn't very happy with after some of the shots he took in the second half. You nor I neither know what goes on on the floor, but instead of pulling up from 27 feet, why not roll off a screen and take a good shot.
Kentucky needs more of these big nights from Patterson and Meeks but also needs others to step too. Good job Cats!
blackcat Wrote:Ill advised shots should never be taken, and he's had some bad ones. Coach G may be telling him to keep looking for his shots, but if you noticed, he wasn't very happy with after some of the shots he took in the second half. You nor I neither know what goes on on the floor, but instead of pulling up from 27 feet, why not roll off a screen and take a good shot.

I think I can handle a couple of ill advised shots from Meeks if it means getting into a good flow or maintining a good flow. 2-4 poor shot decisions are not going to lose us games. Poor ball handling is what loses us games this year.
Meeks shooting from downtown like that will also free up Patterson down low. Also I would like to say I thought P.Stevenson had a great game and hopes he keeps it up.
I think that Porter needs to step up and take a few shots. Other than that he's a pretty good player. GO CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, now we can start playing a desent team.
Great Game!! Patterson and Meeks had great points.. And great playing time.. GO CATS!!
This was a nice "inside/outside" game for the Cats. This is what UK will need in order to proceed further into the SEC season and compete.