Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your first UK game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Kentucky basketball program is the most winning, illustrious, and celebrated program in the nation. The passion that the cats bring out of people when they step on historic Rupp Arena floor is unrivaled, and nothing can be more emtional to a true blue fan as their first UK game. I thought would be nice to hear about everyone's first game expierence.

The first game I ever saw was an Indiana game and needless to say I was pumped. I can remeber every detail as I walked in rupp arena, and then as I sat down and watched the players warm up a huge lump began to form in my throat and I couldn't even talk to my parents who watched me with awe. The players got ready to run out of the tunnel and there was a historic clip played on the big screen and and every shot or slam was a memory for me as I remebered excatly where I was when it had happened (most of the time with my dad by my side), I also began to recall my memories of being on rupp arena floor as a member of the 01' Whitesburg team and try as I might i couldn't hold back the tears from streaming down my face. But there was no shame in it, just pure joy of watching a team I cared so much about. Win or lose It would have been one of the best expierinces of my life, but it just so happen that those cats, "my cats" pulled out the victory. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. Go Big Blue!
my first game was Kansas the year after they ran it up on UK in Lawerence SEAN WOODS had a great game 25 Points i believe.
My first UK game was in '06 against Central Florida where Rondo hit a 12 footer at the buzzer to win the game.
My first was SR. day for Pelphrey,Feldhaus,Farmer, and Woods. There was not a dry eye in the place when they played My Old KY Home. I have been back several times since, but none as memorable as that day.
The first one I went to was in the winter of 98 when they beat the tar out of EKU.
Last Winter against Alabama. Nothing like seeing Rupp Arena packed!
My first game was the florida game in 07' where uk lost by 3 but it was still great to finally get to watch a game at rupp
The first football game i went to. It was easy to get a ticket, but now it is harder to get a ticket to the football game. The first basketball game was back in the 92 season. I think they was playing SC or GA. It was one of these two teams.
My first UK game was in 87 or 88 against Tennessee