Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Co. 8th graders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What High School is going to have an advantage from 8th graders coming up next year.

I know SF is getting 3 good Freshmen in Hall, Johnson on the line. Little in the backfield. Who else is getting good players.
To be honest with you i think Betsy Layne's High School Football Team has a bright future ahead of them with the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes...The future is looking pretty good for Betsy Layne.
I think the Bobcats had 15 8th graders. It would be awesome for them all to come up and play at the high school level. The J.V. Schedule is set and it looks like they will have 9 j.v. games. I would love to mention all of their names but I would be afraid of leaving some out, but you also got a great 7th grade class that will be in 8th next year. I think the bobcats can go back to back.
I agree with you a 100% betsylaynealum...
Quote:
Is it true that Betsy Layne is already lifting...If so this is the first time Betsy Layne is ever lifted this early...Correct me if I'm wrong.
I wouldnt really pay much attention to the numbers you have in middle school. Dont count your chickens before they hatch. Alot of kids move, decide to focus on other sports, get lazy, etc. and end up not playing. Ive seen many middle school teams who had large numbers in each class then end up getting in high school and hardly half of them are still playing. Just saying.
That is very true JackFrost but it's never bad to get excited about High School football...lol
Bengal4Life Wrote:That is very true JackFrost but it's never bad to get excited about High School football...lol

Its never bad to get excited about football PERIOD lol
JackFrost Wrote:Its never bad to get excited about football PERIOD lol

Very True...lol
Heart&Dedication Wrote:To be honest with you i think Betsy Layne's High School Football Team has a bright future ahead of them with the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes...The future is looking pretty good for Betsy Layne.

They do have some very good athletes.
If 7 out of the 15 come out, that would give us a good freshman class. 7 from each class would be good numbers for the bobcats each year.
betsylaynealum Wrote:If 7 out of the 15 come out, that would give us a good freshman class. 7 from each class would be good numbers for the bobcats each year.

I see around 11 or 12 that I have spoken to, and maybe more from John M. and Wesley...who knows.
Grant County has a great group of 8th graders that will be going into the high school next year. They had 6 kids that started and played 8th grade as 7th graders. They all started and played this year as well. During their 7th and 8th grade years, they amassed a record of 23-2. They made it to the semi-finals of the state tournament this year.
SF in my opinion because these boys really worked hard this past season and they are going on to play in the same system in high school, i guess it is an advantage to have donny daniels as the head coach in middle school when he is still runnin the high school, and the ast coach tj hall is also the offensive and defensive line coach for the high school as well
Prestonsburg is getting some pretty good players that can pretty much play any and every position
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:SF in my opinion because these boys really worked hard this past season and they are going on to play in the same system in high school, i guess it is an advantage to have donny daniels as the head coach in middle school when he is still runnin the high school, and the ast coach tj hall is also the offensive and defensive line coach for the high school as well

are you talking about this coming season or this past season because i dont remember T.J. being the offensive or defensive line coach.