Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Meeks shoot to much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonder what his % is on the year? He's either hot or freezing, no cold or in between. Lets see if anyone else notices the same thing or maybe its just me. So lets hear it.
Meeks is shooting 43.7% from the field and 36% from 3-land.
Well today he had a great game, but i think most games, yes he shoots way too much considering he has Patterson down low. He definitely needs more touches no matter what anyone says.
Whenever he is stroking, I don't mind him shooting. But when he misses everything, then I hate it when he shoots.
Meeks could never shoot to much
You live and die by your shooters. Meeks has won games for UK wih his shooting. True he could throw it into Patterson more, but a pure shooter will take the shot. Plus he dosent have many good shooters around him so he has to take the majority of the shots.
Dont complain about it, especially when gillispie leaves him in the throughout the whole game. Patterson isnt the be all end all you people want him to be, so I dont mind Meeks shooting so much. Gillispie doesnt give other players an opportunity to score or even get in the game. There are too many talented players on this team for them to have to sit on the sidelines and not get into the action and show what they can do. Thats why it ****es me off when he accepts so many walkons and takes on all these recruits, I mean why do it when he is only going to sit them the whole time, its ridiculous. One other thing is you dont see Meeks doing this against teams like UNC or any other big name teams, oh wait I forgot, UNC is the only good team they have played so far.
Beef Wrote:Meeks is shooting 43.7% from the field and 36% from 3-land.

Meeks is actually shooting 46.4% from the field and 40.4% from beyond the arch
I'm not gonna complain when he's putting up 40+ a game but I'd love to see Pat get some more GOOD feeds.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Dont complain about it, especially when gillispie leaves him in the throughout the whole game. Patterson isnt the be all end all you people want him to be, so I dont mind Meeks shooting so much. Gillispie doesnt give other players an opportunity to score or even get in the game. There are too many talented players on this team for them to have to sit on the sidelines and not get into the action and show what they can do. Thats why it ****es me off when he accepts so many walkons and takes on all these recruits, I mean why do it when he is only going to sit them the whole time, its ridiculous. One other thing is you dont see Meeks doing this against teams like UNC or any other big name teams, oh wait I forgot, UNC is the only good team they have played so far.

There arent "too many talented players" on this team. I do agree that Gillispie accepts too many walk-ons such as Mark Krebs and Mark Halsell though. Other than that I don't see what you're saying about him not playing the bench players enough. Kentucky is not a really deep team. Off the bench the only players that contribute at all are Harrelson, Liggins (who should start over Porter), Miller. Stewart finally had a good game yesterday. I would like to see Landon Slone get to play a bit more but other than him I don't see what you're arguing on this topic. Lastly, I do agree that Meeks should step it up against the big competition and I think he will with more experience. He will be just fine.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Meeks is actually shooting 46.4% from the field and 40.4% from beyond the arch
Stats I found must not have been updated from Saturday's game. My Bad.
Those are the players Im talkin about. But even they dont get that much playing time. Because to gillispie and most of the fans, its all about Patterson, get him more touches, get him more touches; it drives me nuts. Harrellson is a better rebounder and could probably be a better scorer if given the playing time to show it. Liggins should be starting, as well as Miller. But as I have said many times before, gillispie doesnt know what the **** he is doing, because he has his head so far up his ***. I dont like him and probably never will. Tubby could outcoach him on his worst day.
Beef Wrote:Meeks is shooting 43.7% from the field and 36% from 3-land.

That sounds like a pretty good % to me
It is ok against these smaller schools...But when we start conference play we are going to have to utilize Patterson more...Why is it our guards can't make a good pass to Patterson either...It seems like the only person who can make a good pass to him is Stevenson
YES!!!

He was even forcing shots against the App.ST's 3rd team yesterday. He's got talent but I'm not a big fan of his game, you never know which player will show up with him.
Wow about half of you all are the ones that give the rest of us UK fans a bad name. What else can be done to make some of you all happy. Braves talks about talent, I honestly believe I could beat half of that team one on one, and I have no business even playing anywhere. Stevenson can't even dribble! Harris can't pass or shoot. But he does have decent handles, a good head, and plays excellent defense. Porter would be okay for about 5-10 minutes a game to come in and give Meeks a breather. Patterson is good, but he struggles to get position. Harrelson is good, and coach said that he didn't play much because he was very tired and had a terrible weak in practice, with 3 finals on Friday. Liggins needs to do the right things, such as be on time, and goto class, or he is gonna fail out. Miller needs to be more acertive, he does feed the inside well. Stewart seems to be improving greatly, I hope that is not his best game and he shows up like that more often. Galloway is also a great passer, struggles to score, but good ball hanlder. We will see more of him as he learns the system. Other than that, thats all the players we have who are even capable of competing against good competition. Porter is questionable at best for that also. Not to mention, we depend solely on 4 newcomers, 2 sophmores, and 2 juniors for everything. I don't count Porter because he is not very good.
Now What Wrote:Wonder what his % is on the year? He's either hot or freezing, no cold or in between. Lets see if anyone else notices the same thing or maybe its just me. So lets hear it.
only when they lose LOLSmile
I want to say yes, but, we don't have to many that can put points up like he can, so I am going to say no. I believe he or Patrick needs to shoot for UK to win against the better teams, I don't think the others are there yet.
Not if he is making them
**** no let him shoot. And your wrong about Porter he is playing very good.
I don't think Jodie Meeks shoots to much...But, I think they should work the ball down low a lot more...Because Patrick Paterson is a beast.
If Meeks is hitting, then he can shoot all he wants, but if he misses a few in a roll then he should not shoot the ball unless he is wide-open.
Patterson should be getting the teams shots. If UK does not learn to go inside/out, they will not compete in the SEC this year.
Stardust Wrote:Patterson should be getting the teams shots. If UK does not learn to go inside/out, they will not compete in the SEC this year.

Exactly!!!
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Whenever he is stroking, I don't mind him shooting. But when he misses everything, then I hate it when he shoots.

Yes that is so true.. He also needs to look down low more offten.. Patterson is the inside man.. And he needs action to.... But I beleave that if Meeks has a shot and no one else is open either set it up or shot...
Stardust Wrote:Patterson should be getting the teams shots. If UK does not learn to go inside/out, they will not compete in the SEC this year.

I mostly agree with this. Patterson should be getting touches, not necessarily shots, every time down the court in the half court set. Patterson is smart enough not to force it and kick it back out when the shot is not there. This is where Meeks should be getting his shots. I don't have a problem with Meeks getting shots out of the offense.

Shaq said it best when he said that you win championships inside-out not outside-in.
The game that bothered me about him was the North Carolina game. He shot his arm off that night, and most of them were open looks. But I guess he just had a bad night. But he looked really, really bad that night, and on a huge national spotlight, with Bob Knight and all the ESPN boys kicking off their national TV schedule. And this was just after the VMI loss.

Good players have bad games, but the timing of this one was not good for Meeks or UK because of the hign profile national exposure. They couldn't have won anyway, but the game would not have been a blowout if the 3's had been falling.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The game that bothered me about him was the North Carolina game. He shot his arm off that night, and most of them were open looks. But I guess he just had a bad night. But he looked really, really bad that night, and on a huge national spotlight, with Bob Knight and all the ESPN boys kicking off their national TV schedule. And this was just after the VMI loss.

Good players have bad games, but the timing of this one was not good for Meeks or UK because of the hign profile national exposure. They couldn't have won anyway, but the game would not have been a blowout if the 3's had been falling.
Well put, he can't play against teams with equal or superior talent. At least up to this point, thats why he will never play in the league imo.
He didnt shoot enough today.