Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Auburn coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not raciest by any means but why everytime a white coach gets hired over a black coach everyone says race played an issure. Thats so stupid
Yeah, it makes be sick. Charles Barkley is a moron.
They pick a coach out of the BIG 12 over a little conf coach. His name tell you he is not white. It sound like a Mexican name. By what Charles Barkley said, was just stupid. What kind of wins does the coach at UB have. The one from Iowa St. Have alot of close loses to big time college teams. He use to be an *** coach at FL and TX. We will see if it was a good move for them next year.
cj2561 Wrote:They pick a coach out of the BIG 12 over a little conf coach. His name tell you he is not white. It sound like a Mexican name. By what Charles Barkley said, was just stupid. What kind of wins does the coach at UB have. The one from Iowa St. Have alot of close loses to big time college teams. He use to be an *** coach at FL and TX. We will see if it was a good move for them next year.

He was also defensive coordinator for two undefeated teams in Texas and Auburn.
yea I agree I think they made a good decision and barkley is a moron.

Does anyone else think the NFL rule about manditory interviews of black coaches in racist in a way?

who cares what color they are really i dont think gm's that have to make the right decision in order to keep thier job really give a rats behind what color someone is im sorry but its not the 1960's we elected a black president for christs sake so i would love it if they would let the race card die.
It is kinda stupid, but I do find it odd that the coach Auburn hired has not done so well at Iowa State but he might be better than what I anticipate.
Hardly anyone mentions the fact that the guy used to be an assistant at Auburn. Also, all Ive heard about is that there aren't enough head coach's in college football that are African American. This ignores the fact most of the good African American coach's are on the sidelines for NFL teams, as HC's or coordinators or some form of assistant. Plus, African American coach's don't have great records overall. IF they want to make it a race issue go ahead and let them make it one, and lets compare the best white coach's all time vs the best black coach's all time. Ill take a Petrino or Rockne anyday over whoever you want to throw against them.
Yea but the sad fact in this country is that it is only racist if it is against a black person. If something to this nature is done to a white person, mexican, irish, polish, etc., whatever the ethnic origin may be nothing is thought of it, and nothing is ever done. Maybe if they spent as much time working on their resume as they do complaining of why their not getting hired, we wouldn't have this problem!!!
I got a few black friends that is like that, but i also got some that is like i am. Most of my black friends only date a white girl. 60% of my white friends only date black girls. Most of the people in USA, need to get in the 2000's. It 1860's is over and it has been for over 140 years.
I don't like this move. Auburn basically pressured Tommy Tuberville to leave and they have no better person to bring in than this? If I was a Tigers fan, I would be upset.
I agree that race card gets thrown up everytime this happens as well but I agree with Sir Charles on this one. I am white and I think the only reason Gill got passed over was because he was black.
I also agree with Barkley. Gill has a much better resume than Chiznic (spelling?). He only won 5 games at Iowa St. To me that does not qualify to be a head coach at an elite program at which Auburn considers themselves to be.