Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Patterson Overrated???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think this year?
This year, Yes!
Maybe a little, he will mature some. But the team he has doesn't afford him the luxury of being able to be what he can really be. Has to do double duties in some cases.
jgrubby Wrote:Maybe a little, he will mature some. But the team he has doesn't afford him the luxury of being able to be what he can really be. Has to do double duties in some cases.
I know it hurts him when we cant shoot from the outside. All the teams play Zone on us and its hard for him to score. Also, Miller is the only player who will pass him the ball.
I don't think he is overrated at all. I don't think he gets enough touches because guards don't know how to pass to the post. I think if you can get the ball anywhere near him he will catch it. Patterson has some of the best hands for a big man anywhere. He does need to work a little harder to get position, but he is not overrated.
Yes, I think he's way overrated. He doesn't play hard and is a horrible defensive player.i
He's just not as good as he was last year. I don't know what hes doing different but I want last years Patterson back.
Patterson is definatly not overratted. Yeha hes isnt doing as good as last year but joe and ramel were great and delivering the ball in the post. Once liggins and meeks and porter get better at that we will have the old patterson back.
He The Man
GRIFFIN Wrote:He The Man

Tru dat
Overrated
Noooooooo!!!
How is he overrated?

Patterson averages more points, blocks, assists and rebounds than he did in 25 games last season, so tell me how he is even considered overrated or not as good as he was last year?

Some of you UK fans are so arrogant that it isn't even funny, you guys think you know everything.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How is he overrated?

Patterson averages more points, blocks, assists and rebounds than he did in 25 games last season, so tell me how he is even considered overrated or not as good as he was last year?

Some of you UK fans are so arrogant that it isn't even funny, you guys think you know everything.

you get em son
He is not a bit overrated. Like mentioned they have a tough time feeding him the ball down low. He has been drawing a lot of double teams, and then they throw this dump down passes that sail over his head, most of the time he catches them, but he isn't in position to score, then other times they turn the ball over. He leads the team in assist, one of the leading scorers despite all that I just said. No way he is overrated.
I wouldn't say overrated, but I have noticed he's been forcing a lot of shots when he needs to kick it out to the open shooter.
zulu Wrote:Yes, I think he's way overrated. He doesn't play hard and is a horrible defensive player.i

Patterson is not overrated. His effort is always there. Kentucky just needs to do a better job of getting him the ball.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How is he overrated?

Exactly.
Absolutely not.
were is he rated? His is not a all american not even 1st team all sec so how could he be overrated he is just a great player that give you 110% on both ends of the floor so i say he is not overrated, Give me 6 just like him and i give will give you a national champiship.
courtdog Wrote:were is he rated? His is not a all american not even 1st team all sec so how could he be overrated he is just a great player that give you 110% on both ends of the floor so i say he is not overrated, Give me 6 just like him and i give will give you a national champiship.

Actually he is first team all sec.
I think he is a little overrated.

Say what you want about the gaurds but Patterson could help himself posting up. He does a good job of sealing off his man but does not recover well enough to control some of the passes that go his way. There are times he is off balance. He does not have the best footwork in the world.

Now before some of you jump all over this I'm not saying he is bad. He is very good but nowhere near ready for the NBA or the best big man in the college game. He has to develope a little bit of a jump shot and must work on his agility.

For the record I thought he was overrated comming out of highschool too. He has exceeded any expectations that I had for him since he has been at UK.
No way Patterson is not in anyway overrated if anything he is underrated he works the low post all game to get nothing what he does for UK he does for himself because there in not a player on the court except maybe Meeks that works as hard as Patterson and there in not a player on the team that will feed him the ball if he would get the ball every now and then we wouldn't be having this dicussion because he would do everything he did in the IU game every game.
blackcat Wrote:I wouldn't say overrated, but I have noticed he's been forcing a lot of shots when he needs to kick it out to the open shooter.
While this is true, you can't really blame him. If I only got the ball 3 times a game, I'd force it up too.
Patterson is not overated. He is 70-98 on his attempts and is averaging over 17 points 9 rebounds a game. IMO thats pretty good stats. Get him the ball and he will perform. And the only other person that has more assist is Liggins.
To be overrated, you have to be rated pretty high and not live up to those expectations. Let us see. He is first team All-SEC. So is he living up to those expectations? 17.6 points/game. 9.1 rebounds/game. 71% from the field and 72% from the line. 30 assists and 20 turnovers. He plays on a team that has one point guard and a half (Liggins and Porter and Galloway). Can you imagine if he played on a team that could actually get him the ball? If he keeps this stat line through the end of the year, he will be All-SEC. So, his is not overrated. He may not be living up to the expectations that some of the experts on here want him to live up to. I look at it this way. A lot of us were saying he would only last two years in Lexington. It looks like he may be around another year, unless he gets some bad advice about the pros.
No way, Patrick Patterson will keep UK in it this year
He might be a little but I believe he has great potential and the only thing that is really stopping him from being great is himself.
Patterson can not control how many touches he gets a game. I know that he has missed a lot of easy shots but that is not what he should doing. Once Liggins or Porter can establishment Patterson early in a game, I would say that he would get 18 pts a game, no problem
When Patterson touches the ball good things happen. The issue Patterson has had has been foul trouble, the inability of guards to enter into the post, and Jodie Meeks actively taking on a scoring role.

If Patterson was getting touches and just simply not producing it would be a different story. But as of right now it is absolutely absurd to call a kid who is nearly averaging a double double, onstantly forces double teams, and one of the team's top assist men overrated.

He may not be putting up 30 points a night, but he is doing his job and helping free up opportunities for his teammates.
Pages: 1 2